Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

south stand at semi final

Go down 
+4
matt01
shelleygiant
penninegiant
Meltham Giant
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

south stand at semi final - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: south stand at semi final   south stand at semi final - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:56 pm

penninegiant wrote:
defleppard wrote:
Have always been of the opinion that if certain supporters are unemployed/made redundant through no fault of their own,or having to survive on just the state pension I could well understand why they couldn't make this game,but honestly given the poor ticket sales so far you could be forgiven for thinking 50% of our fan base are £33 away from destitution,and I'm sure that's not the case.I must repeat again,and it's gives me no pleasure in doing so,it is a poor level of support from this town for such an important game.This criticism is not aimed at anyone on here especially,as it's obvious there are a number of very longstanding supporters such as BJ,who have done more than their bit in terms of being there for the club over many years

Yes,you may have guessed I am a big admirer of Ken Davy,as I believe he has given the club and townspeople the chance to watch a Fartown club challenging for honours once again.People go on about the old days,and I've said before I would never belittle anyone from previous eras,but since our last trophy win of 1962 I think there were challenge cup semi final appearances in 1968 & 1971,and that was the lot through approx a 40 year period,so yes I believe KD has done an excellent job pulling the club off it's knees and getting us to a couple of CC finals.Now it's up to the players & staff to finally deliver a trophy.

Anyway,I think the words of Robbie Paul sums up here,what it means to the players to have a large vociferous support at a neutral venue,and even if I as just a fan don't know what I'm on about would have thought as a former star of our game his opinions are extremely valid.

SPOT ON DL We`re now on a similar vein -Thatll convince people a lot more than offers of cheap tickets !!

and as Ive said --Ive got the polish ready !! south stand at semi final - Page 2 877781 south stand at semi final - Page 2 793373
Maybe the recent performances have all been part of a cunning plan to finally deliver a trophy, as Wire will have learnt zip about us in the last couple of months.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: south stand at semi final   south stand at semi final - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 8:10 pm

matt01 wrote:
penninegiant wrote:
defleppard wrote:
Have always been of the opinion that if certain supporters are unemployed/made redundant through no fault of their own,or having to survive on just the state pension I could well understand why they couldn't make this game,but honestly given the poor ticket sales so far you could be forgiven for thinking 50% of our fan base are £33 away from destitution,and I'm sure that's not the case.I must repeat again,and it's gives me no pleasure in doing so,it is a poor level of support from this town for such an important game.This criticism is not aimed at anyone on here especially,as it's obvious there are a number of very longstanding supporters such as BJ,who have done more than their bit in terms of being there for the club over many years

Yes,you may have guessed I am a big admirer of Ken Davy,as I believe he has given the club and townspeople the chance to watch a Fartown club challenging for honours once again.People go on about the old days,and I've said before I would never belittle anyone from previous eras,but since our last trophy win of 1962 I think there were challenge cup semi final appearances in 1968 & 1971,and that was the lot through approx a 40 year period,so yes I believe KD has done an excellent job pulling the club off it's knees and getting us to a couple of CC finals.Now it's up to the players & staff to finally deliver a trophy.

Anyway,I think the words of Robbie Paul sums up here,what it means to the players to have a large vociferous support at a neutral venue,and even if I as just a fan don't know what I'm on about would have thought as a former star of our game his opinions are extremely valid.

SPOT ON DL We`re now on a similar vein -Thatll convince people a lot more than offers of cheap tickets !!

and as Ive said --Ive got the polish ready !! south stand at semi final - Page 2 877781 south stand at semi final - Page 2 793373
Maybe the recent performances have all been part of a cunning plan to finally deliver a trophy, as Wire will have learnt zip about us in the last couple of months.

Hope so Matt, if ever we needed a result It's next week. We have been shocked before.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: south stand at semi final   south stand at semi final - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 8:44 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
matt01 wrote:
penninegiant wrote:
defleppard wrote:

Hope so Matt, if ever we needed a MIRACLE-- It's next week. We have been shocked before.
pray

Sorry Bo --edited for accuracy!! Wink
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: south stand at semi final   south stand at semi final - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:06 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
matt01 wrote:
penninegiant wrote:
defleppard wrote:

Hope so Matt, if ever we needed a result It's next week. We have been shocked before.
and if we do shock the RL world then a lot of what has gone in this past couple of months will be put to the back burner
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: south stand at semi final   south stand at semi final - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 8:51 am

matt01 wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:
matt01 wrote:
penninegiant wrote:
defleppard wrote:

and if we do shock the RL world then a lot of what has gone in this past couple of months will be put to the back burner

It will all be put on the back burner Matt, As as been said on here counless times there is nothing like silverwear to bring in the crowds, Suddenly there will be people there who have never been to a game before, but who cares, if they are paying they are needed just as much as anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: south stand at semi final   south stand at semi final - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

south stand at semi final
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2