Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Man of match

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Man of match Empty
PostSubject: Man of match   Man of match EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 5:37 pm

I don't know who picks MOM at the Galpharm, But the decision was about on a par with the touch judge who ruled out the 40/20. George didn't play badly as did a couple of other players but Brough was head and shoulders above anyone else on the field, As a team performance it was awful yet again but a win is a win and it may be the start of the way back with any luck, When Brough went out into the Centre " for whatever reason " we looked truly hopeless, Afraid Gilmoure looks tired these days as well. Anyway we won and that's what counts but we need a miracle before we go to Salford.
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

Man of match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man of match   Man of match EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 6:03 pm

To be honest I thought Danny Brough had some good moments but did not take hold of the game like he can, what he did was plenty good enough for today, so I know what you are saying and would have no issue with him as MoM.

I suspect Luke got the nod for his solo try, even though the defence by London was shockingly poor.

For me the big difference was our big men, the 20 minutes spanning half time when Eorl, Mason & Fa'alogo were off was the only time they were in it.

Also, you may think me mad but I thought Scott Moore was as good as anyone today, but like all had some daft moments too.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Man of match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man of match   Man of match EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 6:10 pm

I agree,play like that against Warrington in the semi we will get blown off the park.Yet again we come out soft,as London knocked us backwards about 50 metres in their first set of six.NB has got to get some aggression back into the forwards somehow,too many look like they are just going through the motions.Mason's inclusion did help,makes you wonder what the problem has been with him before now.Surprised that Chan didn't start.A back row of Gilmour & Bruno just doesn't look threatening enough to me.

We had some good field position in the first half and went to our attacking structures,but not enough 'zip' in them and we never looked like getting the overlap on London.

Yet again relying too much on certain players coming up with individual efforts to get us the points.London faded badly in half two after a good defensive effort in the first stanza,but honestly they looked a poorly coached outfit throughout,and they gave up the ghost towards the end.

A win,a step in the right direction,but NB has still got loads of work to do to get us anywhere near winning a trophy.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Man of match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man of match   Man of match EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 6:11 pm

George did well other than for the first London try. His solo effort showed strength, speed and determination. Can't ask for more. My MoM would have been Patrick. Looked much more like his old self. As others said our pack played much better today and laid the foundations for the match.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Man of match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man of match   Man of match EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 10:07 pm

Haven't had our best pack out once for what I can remember, against Wire we need Crabtree, Robbo, Mason, Chan, Doof and LOD

Would of given todays MOM to Brough as made things happen with ball in hand, kicked 2 x 40/20's and gave everything in defence. Had he been on their team and would have been a damn site closer!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Man of match Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man of match   Man of match Empty

Back to top Go down

Man of match
Page 1 of 1