Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hull KR v Giants

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Hull KR v Giants Empty
PostSubject: Hull KR v Giants   Hull KR v Giants EmptyWed May 07, 2008 4:53 am

Can we win this? Who's going and who's stopping at home to watch it on tv? Anyone got a spare seat in their car for ikle me?
Hull KR 22 Giants 27
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Helen
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Hull KR v Giants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull KR v Giants   Hull KR v Giants EmptyWed May 07, 2008 10:38 am

it'll be close but because it's the cup i think we might just get it, if it was the league i'd probably say otherwise! HKR 18 Giants 24
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Hull KR v Giants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull KR v Giants   Hull KR v Giants EmptySun May 11, 2008 8:55 am

I agree, if it had been a league match i think i would have backed Hull KR but as there's less pressure on us today as we don't have to worry about our position in the league then i'll just tip us to sneak it today. Here's hoping anyway Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Hull KR v Giants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull KR v Giants   Hull KR v Giants EmptySun May 11, 2008 4:18 pm

Not much point explaining the game as you all will have seen it on TV.

If I weren't lost for words I'd call for 2 players to be dropped for next week's game and for one major head to roll!

Pluses for me were Snitch [my MOM]; Eorl - usual good tackling plus off-loads in the tackle; Andy Raleigh - consistently good; Hemingway - sharing the number 9 has been a good move; Hudson & Robinson - tried their hardest; Lawrence - keeps getting better.

Two enormous minuses both need to regain their confidence in the reserves - Brown & Jensen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Hull KR v Giants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull KR v Giants   Hull KR v Giants EmptySun May 11, 2008 4:46 pm

Didn't think Brown had a bad game to be honest but i'd agree about Jensen. Once again we show a lack of mental toughness when the other team scores which usually means they'll score another 2 in the next 5/10mins. We've got the players but they just aren't producing the goods on the pitch.
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Hull KR v Giants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull KR v Giants   Hull KR v Giants EmptySun May 11, 2008 7:08 pm

what can we do???????
im gutted Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Hull KR v Giants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull KR v Giants   Hull KR v Giants EmptyMon May 12, 2008 6:02 am

bostock wrote:
what can we do???????
im gutted Sad Sad Sad
I don't know the answer but the coach has to start taking the responsibilty of the performances as some time. A new man at the helm may change the attitude of the players though.
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Hull KR v Giants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull KR v Giants   Hull KR v Giants EmptyMon May 12, 2008 7:01 am

ponner wrote:
bostock wrote:
what can we do???????
im gutted Sad Sad Sad
I don't know the answer but the coach has to start taking the responsibilty of the performances as some time. A new man at the helm may change the attitude of the players though.

Surely, no you can't be, you're not suggesting, I daren't even think it let alone say it, S**** O**????
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
Helen
Ballboy
Ballboy

Hull KR v Giants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull KR v Giants   Hull KR v Giants EmptyTue May 13, 2008 9:53 am

There are some players who, every week, put in 100% and you can't fault them, they couldn't do any more. Eorl and Hudson come to mind although they are definatley not the only ones. However there are some who seem like they have lost confidence, probably from a combination of poor performances and getting a bit of stck from fans. I think those players should maybe play one or two matches for the academy to remind themselves that they are good players and hopefully when come back into the first team their performances will be alot better. But we all know this isn't going to happen, Sharp seems to have his favourites, there's absolutely no way he'd put any of his golden boys in the academy no matter how much good it might do them. With a team of first class and some international players just not performing week on week you've got to question what's going on behind the scenes, and by this I don't mean tension between players/coaches etc, I mean whether the coaching personel are up to the job or not.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Hull KR v Giants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull KR v Giants   Hull KR v Giants EmptyTue May 13, 2008 10:03 am

Helen wrote:
There are some players who, every week, put in 100% and you can't fault them, they couldn't do any more. Eorl and Hudson come to mind although they are definatley not the only ones. However there are some who seem like they have lost confidence, probably from a combination of poor performances and getting a bit of stck from fans. I think those players should maybe play one or two matches for the academy to remind themselves that they are good players and hopefully when come back into the first team their performances will be alot better. But we all know this isn't going to happen, Sharp seems to have his favourites, there's absolutely no way he'd put any of his golden boys in the academy no matter how much good it might do them. With a team of first class and some international players just not performing week on week you've got to question what's going on behind the scenes, and by this I don't mean tension between players/coaches etc, I mean whether the coaching personel are up to the job or not.
Agree Helen. It's also good to see you posting on a Giants forum again.
Back to top Go down
Helen
Ballboy
Ballboy

Hull KR v Giants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull KR v Giants   Hull KR v Giants EmptyTue May 13, 2008 10:04 am

Thanks, I kinda lost the will to live on the other one!
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Hull KR v Giants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull KR v Giants   Hull KR v Giants EmptyTue May 13, 2008 10:08 am

Helen wrote:
Thanks, I kinda lost the will to live on the other one!
I know exactly what you mean but as i started the forum up years ago i still felt a duty to keep posting even when i left as a mod. Hopefully we can keep this a forum where even when people don't agree with each other, we can accept their opinions and not resort to personal insults.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hull KR v Giants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hull KR v Giants   Hull KR v Giants Empty

Back to top Go down

Hull KR v Giants
Page 1 of 1