Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rhinos and Childs

Go down 
+2
BO JANGLES
matt01
6 posters
AuthorMessage
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Rhinos and Childs Empty
PostSubject: Rhinos and Childs   Rhinos and Childs EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 5:29 pm

I thought we were ok. Leeds had more at stake than us, but for a few silly individual mistakes and Childs we would have won. Have the RFL decided because of the one sided reffing in the challenge cup final they will help Leeds out in the odd game for the rest of this season? I hope Cudjoe is fine for wire.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Rhinos and Childs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhinos and Childs   Rhinos and Childs EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 5:43 pm

I was very happy with that show, It was a lot more like our early season form and as Matt has said, with a bit better performance from Childs we could quite easy have won, Was a bit disappointed with Simson running out of the line and leaving Mcgilvray with no chance, Thought Leroy had a top game along with Robbo and Brough, but to be fair most of the team played well.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Rhinos and Childs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhinos and Childs   Rhinos and Childs EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 6:27 pm

Dunno what is happening on our left edge now,and if our moves get stopped on our right edge it's important.Gilly used to be the decoy on the left side but now he gets the ball to drive in every time we take play down that side,so no overlap is created.Broughy is not the best pivot.

Back to top Go down
Mable_syrup
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-11-30

Rhinos and Childs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhinos and Childs   Rhinos and Childs EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 6:43 pm

2 bad starts of each half is what did us today. Simpson jumping out of the line gave them a try, and i'll hold back until ive seen some of the decisions before I say owt about the ref, but it looked like he made a few booboos
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Rhinos and Childs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhinos and Childs   Rhinos and Childs EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 9:20 pm

Props not punching holes like they did.An old man like Peacock showed them up today.Doesn't give you much hope for next week despite what they will say in examiner and the smart ass web forum pundits who want to shout you down.(Not on here)
Back to top Go down
cabrita
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Rhinos and Childs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhinos and Childs   Rhinos and Childs EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 11:59 pm

matt01 wrote:
I hope Cudjoe is fine for wire.

If Cudjoe is out, does anyone know who will be given the task of intercepting the ball and running it back the length of the field for the decisive try? Very Happy

Rhinos and Childs 21033 Rhinos and Childs 21033
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Rhinos and Childs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhinos and Childs   Rhinos and Childs EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 11:55 am

defleppard wrote:
Props not punching holes like they did.An old man like Peacock showed them up today.Doesn't give you much hope for next week despite what they will say in examiner and the smart ass web forum pundits who want to shout you down.(Not on here)

The Leeds forwards were the more powerful (especially early on both halves) But Brough kicking them back time after time offset that , As the halves went on we got better ,and i thought it was our best show for quite some time, We let in a couple of soft tries true, but on another day with another Ref we would probably have won. I am sure Warrington will be a lot harder, but we weren't supposed to beat them last year, either way i shall be there.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Rhinos and Childs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhinos and Childs   Rhinos and Childs EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 12:05 pm

It wasn't Child imo it was discipline and silly errors that cost the game.

Ive not been watching the Giants for anywhere near as long as some on here, but for the duration I have been watching them one thing as always rang true and that is we seem unable to play 80 minutes. It's as though the ref springs it on them at 60 minutes and says 2sorry lads, were gonna go for 80 today" and it completely catches them off guard.

Simposn is still a waste of space btw.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Rhinos and Childs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhinos and Childs   Rhinos and Childs EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 5:04 pm

defleppard wrote:
Peacock was the best prop on the field, no doubt in my mind, but this is a team game and I know the props are spelled, but they seem to be running down a hell of a lot of tackles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rhinos and Childs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rhinos and Childs   Rhinos and Childs Empty

Back to top Go down

Rhinos and Childs
Page 1 of 1