Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Did you go to Catalans?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Did you go to Catalans? Empty
PostSubject: Did you go to Catalans?   Did you go to Catalans? EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:16 pm

If so, is it recommended? Always fancied going but never had the money spare to take the family. Is it a good weekend?
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Did you go to Catalans?   Did you go to Catalans? EmptyWed May 04, 2011 6:28 am

Yes, went and enjoyed despite the result. I stayed in Perpignan which was good but pricey. The vast majority seemed to stay in spain, there seemed about 5 times as many giants fans at the game as were staying locally. Not sure how much of Perpignan those who stayed in spain saw.

I am glad I sampled Perpignan itself but would also consider spain in future, there is probably more tp do for kids there.

Will certainly gp again, but not every year - down to cost
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Did you go to Catalans?   Did you go to Catalans? EmptyWed May 04, 2011 7:33 am

I went last year we arranged the whole holiday around going to the game.

We stayed in Spain we got an APARTMENT with a shared pool and air conditioning for two weeks for the same price we would have payed for one week in an equipped tent in Perpignan.

The part of spain is really nice, good beaches , scenery and places to visit. Had day trips to Barcelona ( a must see) and Girona

We hired a car for two weeks and spent a lot of time on the beach and visiting a lot of the places where Salvador Dali lived and work etc.

Drove to Perpignan about an hour and a half and spent all day there. Enjoyed it . Most of those who go an about how great it is are middle aged blokes who spend all their time sitting around in the bars in Perpignan getting p!ssed. If i am being honest there is a lot more in Spain particularly if you have young kids. A couple of days in perpignan if you have kids is enough to see it all.
The other advantage of spain is the cost of living is a lot cheaper. Food and Drink appeared much, much cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you go to Catalans?   Did you go to Catalans? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did you go to Catalans?
Page 1 of 1