Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

50 years in the making

Go down 
+3
adelaide-giant.no9
dannablue
Gem Bob
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

50 years in the making Empty
PostSubject: 50 years in the making   50 years in the making EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 9:18 pm

I think now people will stand up and realise that the Giants are no longer a bottom team but a real contender in this game.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: 50 years in the making   50 years in the making EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 9:29 pm

Awesome result tonight, cant believe this is my team...we have arrived and are now a big team....need to ensure we keep this up for the easter games too...

Well done to the lads...what a result!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are top of the league (again!) :-)
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: 50 years in the making   50 years in the making EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 9:36 pm

it said on radio that it was over 18000 days since our last win at headingly
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: 50 years in the making   50 years in the making EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 9:50 pm

Great result well done the whole team, my frend who went rang me with a match report, he said Brough and Brown ran the show behind a very dominent pack. Truley great days when we win at Headingley.
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: 50 years in the making   50 years in the making EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 9:51 pm

did any of our older posters go to the last win at headingly?
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: 50 years in the making   50 years in the making EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 10:28 pm

I wasn't there as i remember, which is unusual as i was really keen in those days, I have been to Headingley many times to see Fartown ,Yorkshire ,Great Britain. but i can not remember ever seeing Huddersfield win there, I bet i know one fella who was there that day though, A certan man from Omfeth.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: 50 years in the making   50 years in the making EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 10:39 pm

indeedydeedy --and went straight from Headingley to do a gig at the Cro Magnum club off Harrogate Road where the DJ that night was a certain Mr James Savile !!!

Ever met him Bo???
Perhaps he fixed it for yer???? Wink Smile
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: 50 years in the making   50 years in the making EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 6:43 am

adelaide-giant.no9 wrote:
it said on radio that it was over 18000 days since our last win at headingly

Not now its not, at mo its less than 24 hours Smile cheers 50 years in the making 21033 50 years in the making 21033 50 years in the making 21033 50 years in the making 21033 50 years in the making 21033
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: 50 years in the making   50 years in the making EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 7:24 am

This proves we are as good as any team in this competition. We didn't just win we dominated them. Now the players just need to keep focussed and then we have a great chance to finish this season as number 1.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: 50 years in the making   50 years in the making EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 10:32 am

penninegiant wrote:
indeedydeedy --and went straight from Headingley to do a gig at the Cro Magnum club off Harrogate Road where the DJ that night was a certain Mr James Savile !!!

Ever met him Bo???
Perhaps he fixed it for yer???? Wink Smile

Met him just a few months ago on Chrismas eve in Leeds general PG, Wasn't feeling at my best at the time, He left me some smellies , shook my hand and said ,Don't worry mate you'll be fine, and off he went to hand out more pressies. Raises Millions for LGI apparently.
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: 50 years in the making   50 years in the making EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 1:42 pm

Worth 200 mile journey, fantastic performance. Defence oustanding and so many top performers! Well done browny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 50 years in the making   50 years in the making Empty

Back to top Go down

50 years in the making
Page 1 of 1