Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do we all think to the Brough deal?

Go down 
+10
FLYINGPROP
Shogun
Ivor C&G Scarf
matt01
reidy
Durham Giant
BO JANGLES
ponner
Pharmergibbs
anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-01-07

What do we all think to the Brough deal? Empty
PostSubject: What do we all think to the Brough deal?   What do we all think to the Brough deal? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 10:12 am

So, after a long time of speculation the little man has arrived. I personally think this is a huge deal for the club and a signal of intent about what we want to achieve. With Brough at scrum half, I know think we can fulfill the promise we have shown for the last few seasons. He will be our Burrow, Long, Myler, Eastmond. He is exactly what we need and the thought of having him, Brett, Leroy, Fa'alogo, Brown and Gilmour in the same team really is something to look forward to.

Glad Kirmond has only gone out on loan, think he would have strggled to get a starting place this season anyway.
Back to top Go down
Pharmergibbs
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: What do we all think to the Brough deal?   What do we all think to the Brough deal? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:33 pm

I think danny k would have found his way into the team this season such is his quality. I think db is a great signing and it demonstrates that we are up there signing the good players and competing. If he settles in well we have a fantastic, strong and in depth squad capable of competing for the top. Who would have thought a few years ago that we could have a players like drew, Lawrence, finningan and mcnally waiting in the wings and not have to bat an eyelid! I do feel we need to make sure dk comes back though, he is the future for the club and in my view will lead a few of our young lads into the international setup in due course. All in all, a great deal, just make sure we get dk back for next season.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: What do we all think to the Brough deal?   What do we all think to the Brough deal? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:41 pm

If NB can keep DB under control then this will be a signing that takes us on to greater things, even world domination Wink
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: What do we all think to the Brough deal?   What do we all think to the Brough deal? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 3:44 pm

ponner wrote:
If NB can keep DB under control then this will be a signing that takes us on to greater things, even world domination Wink

My thoughts entirely, It's all about how he fits into the team, There is no doubt he has the game, and as we all know Robbo knew the score when he extended his contract, I think he is quite happy to play hooker along with Lunt.
Persoally i just trust N Browns judgment, and It's great to have such strength in depth.
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: What do we all think to the Brough deal?   What do we all think to the Brough deal? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 4:04 pm

I am so excited by this i am ending my self imposed exile from here.

Smile .Welcome aboard Danny Boy.

I am absolutely chuffed at this signing and feel more excited about it than any of our signing this year or last including Brett or fa alogo.

Danny brings the best kicking game of any player in SL to the Giants. Kicking in the modern game is probably the most important thing in a teams arsenal. Strong Australian type defences are much harder to break down and a good kicking game is what helps to unlock those defences. Danny does that.

But he is also quicker than our half backs and when he gets into his stride can easily go the length of the field. Added to his passing ability he really will add the extra spice that our attack has lacked in the last couple of years. additionally we now have 3 key pivots Brett, Brown and danny , in the team who all offer vision and skill and which will keep our opponents defence guessing. It will not be a case of clamp down on one player or kicker but they wil have to watch 3.

We will be a better attacking outfit with him in the team. defensively for a half back he is quite strong head and sholders above the like of Myler etc.

As for Robbo i genuinely think he will be playing in his best position at hooker. In concentrating on running at tired forwards at interchange his best asset will be emphasised.

Whilst some may question dannys attitude he is a spiky character but he wants to win . he reminds me off Bobbie Goulding , Lee Briers or even Roy Keane in that respect he wants to win. With Brett on the pitch to calm him down i am not concerned about this.

Whilst there have been off field problems he took his punishment re the drinking incident well ( unlike Scully) and as for financial difficulties his success on the pitch wil be his salvation and i am sure he will be a better person for coming through adversity.

If the club had any doubts about these issues they would not have signed him. Thewlis knows him well and Brown has shown his ability to manage difficult situations and discipline well.
Ken has paid the money to make sure he comes here.

I have no doubt about their judgement.

I have never felt so positive about the Giants as i have now, after this signing.

Welcome aboard Danny

Smile cheers What do we all think to the Brough deal? 21033 What do we all think to the Brough deal? 21033 What do we all think to the Brough deal? 21033
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: What do we all think to the Brough deal?   What do we all think to the Brough deal? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 4:41 pm

Durham Giant wrote:
I am so excited by this i am ending my self imposed exile from here.

Smile .Welcome aboard Danny Boy.

I am absolutely chuffed at this signing and feel more excited about it than any of our signing this year or last including Brett or fa alogo.

Danny brings the best kicking game of any player in SL to the Giants. Kicking in the modern game is probably the most important thing in a teams arsenal. Strong Australian type defences are much harder to break down and a good kicking game is what helps to unlock those defences. Danny does that.

But he is also quicker than our half backs and when he gets into his stride can easily go the length of the field. Added to his passing ability he really will add the extra spice that our attack has lacked in the last couple of years. additionally we now have 3 key pivots Brett, Brown and danny , in the team who all offer vision and skill and which will keep our opponents defence guessing. It will not be a case of clamp down on one player or kicker but they wil have to watch 3.

We will be a better attacking outfit with him in the team. defensively for a half back he is quite strong head and sholders above the like of Myler etc.

As for Robbo i genuinely think he will be playing in his best position at hooker. In concentrating on running at tired forwards at interchange his best asset will be emphasised.

Whilst some may question dannys attitude he is a spiky character but he wants to win . he reminds me off Bobbie Goulding , Lee Briers or even Roy Keane in that respect he wants to win. With Brett on the pitch to calm him down i am not concerned about this.

Whilst there have been off field problems he took his punishment re the drinking incident well ( unlike Scully) and as for financial difficulties his success on the pitch wil be his salvation and i am sure he will be a better person for coming through adversity.

If the club had any doubts about these issues they would not have signed him. Thewlis knows him well and Brown has shown his ability to manage difficult situations and discipline well.
Ken has paid the money to make sure he comes here.

I have no doubt about their judgement.

I have never felt so positive about the Giants as i have now, after this signing.

Welcome aboard Danny

Smile cheers What do we all think to the Brough deal? 21033 What do we all think to the Brough deal? 21033 What do we all think to the Brough deal? 21033

I agree with just about all of that, If N Brown can make him fit in with the team, we are going to be a seriously good side, Like you i feel more optimistic about our chances of winning something than i have for many many years, Although i would say we were a better side than Warrington for most of last season. Broughs kicking game should make a huge difference to our game, I think our forwards will be happy with some good long kicks.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

PostSubject: Re: What do we all think to the Brough deal?   What do we all think to the Brough deal? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:08 pm

Hope they have a clause in his contract stating if he starts straying off course, then his butt is outta the door after the warning shots and he doesn't get paid.
Don't get me wrong, I do hope it works out but he has messed 3 clubs around in a row. Why would we be any different?
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: What do we all think to the Brough deal?   What do we all think to the Brough deal? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:43 pm

Not sure about that Scot, I dont know why he left Hull, but i understood he left Cas because they were looking likely to be out of Super league, and although he has made no secret that he wanted to leave Wakey ,i dont think he has messed them about particularly, They have certainly fought hard to keep him anyway, Most of the Wakey fans wanted him to stay and Iv'e read somewhere that Cas would have him back tomorrow,
I do know what you are saying though, There is talk of him being a bit disruptive but N Brown will have heard the same things we have, so he must think he can make it work. I am really glad he is here ,I rate him the best British SH in Super league myself, End of the day It's all to try for, If he fits in we are going to be serious contenders , if not we have plenty of depth,
I think K Davy is making his bid to take over Bradford's place as the second team in W Yorks, he is pulling out all the stops and i just hope the fans respond and turn up in good numbers, The man deserves some genuine success.
I have a good feeling about Brough, he has the game ,he just needs to fit in, he has taken a lot of getting here ,So the people who matter must also have a good feeling about him.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: What do we all think to the Brough deal?   What do we all think to the Brough deal? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:46 pm

He kept getting drunk at Hull and Matterson thought him being nearer home at Cas, would calm him down.
Mark knows about other things at Wakey, but there is background believe me.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: What do we all think to the Brough deal?   What do we all think to the Brough deal? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:48 pm

Agree with a lot of what has been said.

I think he could well be a wonderful signing and in the end could be the difference between silverware and no silverware.

Shame Kirmond has had to make way, thankfully it is only for the season, lets hope wakey don't ruin him too much.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: What do we all think to the Brough deal?   What do we all think to the Brough deal? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 10:12 pm

reidy wrote:
He kept getting drunk at Hull and Matterson thought him being nearer home at Cas, would calm him down.

Fair enough mate.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: What do we all think to the Brough deal?   What do we all think to the Brough deal? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 10:28 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
reidy wrote:

Fair enough mate.

I'm sure we'll find more out on Friday night Bo. Wink
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: What do we all think to the Brough deal?   What do we all think to the Brough deal? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 10:54 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
I think K Davy is making his bid to take over Bradford's place as the second team in W Yorks, he is pulling out all the stops and i just hope the fans respond and turn up in good numbers, The man deserves some genuine success.

Sorry, I have to disagree strongly with that.

Mr D is making his bid to become, not only the number 1 team in W Yorkshire, not only Yorkshire, but in Super League.

And now, this could be the year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: What do we all think to the Brough deal?   What do we all think to the Brough deal? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 11:07 pm

It is a problem for NB having so many good players to pick from. He also has a problem in that if he wants 4 big forwards on the bench, where does Robbo slot in, as he will be starting with Lunt most likely.
I await with interest how NB sorts it out as Robbo is too good to leave out with his speedy line breaks.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: What do we all think to the Brough deal?   What do we all think to the Brough deal? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 8:32 am

Ivor C&G Scarf wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:

Sorry, I have to disagree strongly with that.

Mr D is making his bid to become, not only the number 1 team in W Yorkshire, not only Yorkshire, but in Super League.

And now, this could be the year.

Fair comment Ivor, I just think it is a matter of stages, We may well surpass Leeds on the field but as a club may take a While.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: What do we all think to the Brough deal?   What do we all think to the Brough deal? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 8:37 am

Shogun wrote:
It is a problem for NB having so many good players to pick from. He also has a problem in that if he wants 4 big forwards on the bench, where does Robbo slot in, as he will be starting with Lunt most likely.
I await with interest how NB sorts it out as Robbo is too good to leave out with his speedy line breaks.

Think Robbo is certain to be there, He will cover both Hooker and SH , We dont often go with 4 forwards on the bench do we , It's going to be interesting.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: What do we all think to the Brough deal?   What do we all think to the Brough deal? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 10:10 am

Think bench for Saints game will be:-

Brough
Crabtree
Patrick
Faiumu

Think Robbo would start at 7, this bench is working on the theory that Mason still isn't 100%, Fa'alogo is 100% fit and Wildy would be in the centers again.
Back to top Go down
Pharmergibbs
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: What do we all think to the Brough deal?   What do we all think to the Brough deal? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 1:59 pm

Fa'alogo out this week and possibly next unfortunately. Jammer and fatz return however. Soliola is out for the season as well. I fancy us on Sunday, come on the giants!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

PostSubject: Re: What do we all think to the Brough deal?   What do we all think to the Brough deal? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 6:11 pm

Wild and Gilly in 2nd row then?
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: What do we all think to the Brough deal?   What do we all think to the Brough deal? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 6:59 pm

Good signing,NB you just know will have him working overtime on his defence.

Robbo has had a fine start to the season,don't think anyone could deny that.Brough though would offer more of a complete package,a better pivot plus the so vital kicking game,short and long.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: What do we all think to the Brough deal?   What do we all think to the Brough deal? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 8:22 pm

I'm the kind of person who thinks that if something isn't broken then don't try and fix it.

But i trust NB's judgement so will wait and see what happens. For me though i can't help thinking that Brough left all his past clubs on bad terms - Dewsbury, Hull FC, Castleford and Wakefield. You have to wonder.

Will wait and see i think.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: What do we all think to the Brough deal?   What do we all think to the Brough deal? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 9:01 pm

Gem Bob wrote:
I'm the kind of person who thinks that if something isn't broken then don't try and fix it.

But i trust NB's judgement so will wait and see what happens. For me though i can't help thinking that Brough left all his past clubs on bad terms - Dewsbury, Hull FC, Castleford and Wakefield. You have to wonder.

I see what you are saying Gem, and there is undoubtedly some truth in the rumors about his attitude in certain areas, But as i was discussing with Scot, Most Cas fans would have him back tomorrow, and Wakey tries desperately to keep him, Don't know about Hull, but invariably many fans of clubs slag off players who leave them, As you say time will tell, Didn't he play for York as well, or have i dreamed that.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: What do we all think to the Brough deal?   What do we all think to the Brough deal? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 9:07 pm

I was in Cas on Tuesday. Customer was a Cas fan. He said DB were good, but you guys are welcome. Too much hassle.
Back to top Go down
Clock-Face-Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Clock-Face-Giant

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: Re: What do we all think to the Brough deal?   What do we all think to the Brough deal? EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 11:12 pm

Gem Bob wrote:

My thoughts exactly we're going in the right direction at the moment, and is it wise to bring in a disruptive influence in right now.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

PostSubject: Re: What do we all think to the Brough deal?   What do we all think to the Brough deal? EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 8:47 pm

TBH don't think Broughy will get away with being a disruptive influence when NB is in charge, Can't remember who it was but over in Oz Nathan clipped someone round the ear for having a poor game as he was coming off the field.

Browny was a Hooker, knuff said ( nasty little breed them no9's!!! ) Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do we all think to the Brough deal?   What do we all think to the Brough deal? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do we all think to the Brough deal?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next