Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eorl's Testamonial against Fax

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Eorl's Testamonial against Fax Empty
PostSubject: Eorl's Testamonial against Fax   Eorl's Testamonial against Fax EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 4:36 pm

Taken from Giantsrl.com

FULL CIRCLE FOR CRABTREE AHEAD OF TESTIMONIAL

With his Testimonial game now less than a week away, Giants and England star Eorl Crabtree revealed his excitement and pride ahead of the Infirmary Cup derby clash against Halifax at the Galpharm Stadium on Sunday (3.00pm).

Crabtree has been rewarded for a decade of service in the claret and gold with a fixture against near neighbours Halifax, with both Nathan Brown and opposing Coach Matt Calland pledging to play full strength teams for the clash.

“It seems strange that I’ve been here ten years now – it’s a little surreal! I’m immensely looking forward to my testimonial game and a little bit nervous at the same time to be honest.

“It’s great that both clubs have committed to putting out full strength sides and I’d like to thank them for that. I’m sure that it’s going to be a proper derby clash and there’s something to play for in the Infirmary Cup which both sides will want to win.”

The fans favourite has kicked off his testimonial year with a number of events including The RL Factor, and admitted that having Halifax as the opponents for the game has it made it extra special – particularly as his first team debut came in the Infirmary Cup clash between the two sides in 2000!

“One of the biggest aims of my testimonial year is to make everything value for money, and I’m really pleased that we are playing Halifax as I think it is an attractive fixture for the fans. Halifax is particularly special for me too as there is a bit of history in my family with my Uncle Shirley (former Wrestling legend ‘Big Daddy’) and a lot of my family being from Halifax and my Grandfather actually played for them many years ago, so it promises to be a very special day for me and my family.

“My first team debut was against them in the Infirmary Cup the ten years ago, albeit for only five minutes at the end of the game but it was a very proud moment. I’m not even sure I touched the ball but I do remember tackling former Halifax star Martin Moana which was a very big thing for me at the time. Now it’s gone full circle, and I’m facing the same club in my testimonial feature which is very strange!”

Championship Grand Finalists Halifax have recruited strongly as they look to mount a strong challenge in 2010, adding Makali Aizue and former Giants favourite Stanley Gene to a squad that already packs plenty of Super League experience.

“I’m not sure whether or not Stanley is playing but it would be very special for me to see him running out onto the pitch, he was present when we did my first testimonial event in the RL Factor and he’s been a tremendous player and a great servant of the game for many years. They’ve built a very capable side at Halifax and I’m sure they will be there or there about at the top of the Championship at the end of the year.”

Tickets are priced at £13 for adults, £10 for concessions and £5 for under 16’s and supporters can pay on the turnstiles. The Direct Golf and Britannia Rescue Stand's will be open for the game.

Who's going then? Smile
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Eorl's Testamonial against Fax   Eorl's Testamonial against Fax EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 5:00 pm

A few of us will be going. We rarely go to friendlies, in fact I think my last friendly game was Paul Reilly's testimonial. Looking forward to this one, Eorl really deserves it and hopefully Super Stan will be there too.
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Eorl's Testamonial against Fax   Eorl's Testamonial against Fax EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 6:12 pm

Im in a box with a few people..
Hope its not cancelled due to snow Sad
but im like Matt, I dont really go to friendlies!
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Eorl's Testamonial against Fax   Eorl's Testamonial against Fax EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 5:58 pm

Is off

A real shame for him. Hopefully a time can be found to play this if not before the season then perhaps straight after.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Eorl's Testamonial against Fax   Eorl's Testamonial against Fax EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 6:10 pm

Gutted! :-(
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Eorl's Testamonial against Fax   Eorl's Testamonial against Fax EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 6:15 pm

According to his FB hes hoping to have the fixture midweek on the 21st!
I hope so, i was looking forward to this.. and apparently those who were in boxes get to go in if its rescheduled or a SL game Smile
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eorl's Testamonial against Fax   Eorl's Testamonial against Fax Empty

Back to top Go down

Eorl's Testamonial against Fax
Page 1 of 1