Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lee Gilmour

Go down 
+6
penninegiant
Gem Bob
Ivor C&G Scarf
FLYINGPROP
BO JANGLES
ponner
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Lee Gilmour Empty
PostSubject: Lee Gilmour   Lee Gilmour EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 9:23 pm

Apparently he's coming to the Giants next season according to the press. IMO it would be top class signing. OK he's 30/31 but still as fit as a butchers dog with good pace for a big unit. What you say?
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Lee Gilmour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Gilmour   Lee Gilmour EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 9:55 pm

Not sure about this one Ponner, there's no doubt he is a quality player and has done well at every club he has been at but whether we should be signing players his age or not i dont know, H e is most effective at centre i think, but is not out of place in the second row ( much like Lolesi ) I would think we are ok for centre's especially if Brown is played there , which i would like to see with us going for a world class stand off ( to go alongside Brough hopefully ) that is where our greatest need is. That's how i see it , Gilmore would certainly not let us down but if we are intending to be the other top club in W Yorkshire should we be signing players of his age. If we do sign him i wouldn't be unhappy, more disappointed we aren't setting our sights higher. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Lee Gilmour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Gilmour   Lee Gilmour EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 12:53 am

We tried to sign him before he signed professionally but got better deal elsewhere.

Not sure would be a good signing at his age now, and think we better saving the funds for someone like Rangi Chase.
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Lee Gilmour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Gilmour   Lee Gilmour EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 6:50 am

Similarly I don't think Hodgson B has been a good signing for us at his age.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Lee Gilmour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Gilmour   Lee Gilmour EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 10:11 am

confirmed:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/super_league/huddersfield/8149357.stm

I think far too many people look at his age and straight away think its a bad thing, Le Gilmour has been at the top of the pile for years and has played for Saints, Leeds, Wigan and Bradford.
Every time i watch he is on fire and plays 100% everytime. Put him up against any of the 2nd rowers/centres and he will do very very well. In fact as a centre probably only Gidley is better in the British game.

So not only does he bring skill to us he brings an excellent track record and experience few can compete with.

Our first signing in years i have actually got excited about.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Lee Gilmour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Gilmour   Lee Gilmour EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 2:10 pm

gerrrout !!

Youre excitable at the best o times!! Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Lee Gilmour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Gilmour   Lee Gilmour EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 2:43 pm

Gem Bob wrote:
confirmed:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/super_league/huddersfield/8149357.stm

I think far too many people look at his age and straight away think its a bad thing, Le Gilmour has been at the top of the pile for years and has played for Saints, Leeds, Wigan and Bradford.
Every time i watch he is on fire and plays 100% everytime. Put him up against any of the 2nd rowers/centres and he will do very very well. In fact as a centre probably only Gidley is better in the British game.

So not only does he bring skill to us he brings an excellent track record and experience few can compete with.

As i have said i would not be unhappy (am not unhappy ) I just think we have far greater needs at the moment, We need to magic up a world class SO from somwhere, and world class = top money, however all that said we are going in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Lee Gilmour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Gilmour   Lee Gilmour EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 2:56 pm

Gem Bob wrote:
confirmed:

Some ineresting comments from that link Gem. Robbo at Hooker, Brough at Scrum H, Broughton on the wing and Mr x tra special at SO would suit me down to the ground, In fact if the club could confirm them signings i would pay for next years ST now even if they are back to full price.
Back to top Go down
Old School
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Lee Gilmour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Gilmour   Lee Gilmour EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 3:13 pm

Ponner dint you believe me mate.
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Lee Gilmour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Gilmour   Lee Gilmour EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 4:50 pm

The rumours elsewhere are that Brough is trying to choose between Saints & Dulls. If that's true, some choice, eh!
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Lee Gilmour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Gilmour   Lee Gilmour EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 5:26 pm

Ivor C&G Scarf wrote:
The rumours elsewhere are that Brough is trying to choose between Saints & Dulls. If that's true, some choice, eh!

Strange one that Ivor, I can't understand why Saints with the players they have coming through would be interested.
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Lee Gilmour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Gilmour   Lee Gilmour EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 5:59 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
Gem Bob wrote:
confirmed:

Some ineresting comments from that link Gem. Robbo at Hooker, Brough at Scrum H, Broughton on the wing and Mr x tra special at SO would suit me down to the ground, In fact if the club could confirm them signings i would pay for next years ST now even if they are back to full price.

What link did you get ? mine mentioned nothing about Brough, broughton, robbo or mr extra special Exclamation
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Lee Gilmour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Gilmour   Lee Gilmour EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 6:07 pm

might take me some time to warm to this guy after all he has been the enemy for so long and he has punished us on many occasions in the past

just watch he will have a stormer in the semi as he proves to the saints lot that he is still fully committed
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Lee Gilmour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Gilmour   Lee Gilmour EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 6:40 pm

Durham Giant wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:
Gem Bob wrote:
confirmed:

What link did you get ? mine mentioned nothing about Brough, broughton, robbo or mr extra special Exclamation

They were comments on the link that Gem posted , earlier in this thread.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Lee Gilmour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Gilmour   Lee Gilmour EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 6:57 pm

If he is prepared to come at the right wage then we would be fools not to be seriously interested. He is England quality.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Lee Gilmour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Gilmour   Lee Gilmour EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 7:37 pm

matt01 wrote:
If he is prepared to come at the right wage then we would be fools not to be seriously interested. He is England quality.

Well certainly we could have done a lot worse, But i really hope we have money left to sign a class SO, If indeed that is in N Browns thinking, It certainly was when he signed Carney and if it still is then it is worth remembering how long it takes to get a visa.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lee Gilmour Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lee Gilmour   Lee Gilmour Empty

Back to top Go down

Lee Gilmour
Page 1 of 1