Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS

Go down 
+13
matt01
Pharmergibbs
Ivor C&G Scarf
bostock
giants4eva15
Meltham Giant
washy
Gem Bob
JudgeB
anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf
FLYINGPROP
ponner
reidy
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS   LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:34 pm

reidy wrote:
Pharmergibbs wrote:
Gem Bob wrote:
Last season our record crowd was against Leeds at home. There was a huge fanfare and Leeds put us on our arses and made us look stupid.

Next week is about standing up as the underdogs in our locality and showing both Leeds and Bradford that we are no walk over anymore.

A win against Leeds next week would be the biggest thing to happen to the club in years.

You are bang on there! I would argue given the message it would send that it could have a bigger effect than getting to Challenge cup final a couple of years ago. I know that is fairly bold but given it would take us clear of the Rhinos and out of sight of the Bulls**t the message it would send to the rest of rugby league would be huge. At a time when attendances are on the rise and have never been so important fans from the bulls especially may be there for the taking.

I am trying not to get carried away here and realise things can go wrong just as quickly but have genuinely never been so optimistic.

We have messed up so many times when we have attracted a big crown in fron of Sky we are due a change of fortune.

The times they are a changin!

pray pray pray
God we hope so lol!!!!
#

pity we could be one short on crowd figures !!!

gembob might boycott it cos we`re playing some team outside the Heavy Woollen district!! Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS   LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 10:42 am

ponner wrote:
washy wrote:
As much as I would love to see the Giants win this one I really can't see Leeds losing 3 in a row!! But you never know!!
Too late they already have in St.Helens(cup), Bulls and Salford.

In the league!!! But saying that they've played Saints twice in as many weeks and I think that may have somehting to do with their performances of late.

Watching the Super league show last night how many of their try's were the result of many forward passes in the build up!! And they still lost!!

If we win this it will go against so many factors that have made us fail before, big crowd, on sky and it being Leeds. Lets hope the spirit of CC semi at Odsal inspires them!
Back to top Go down
wheatley92
Ballboy
Ballboy
wheatley92

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS   LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 1:05 pm

good feeling about this game,
L**ds are about to loose four in a row.

i think it will be a close game tho, ( drop goal)

LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS - Page 2 21033 FARTOWN LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS - Page 2 21033
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS   LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 4:37 pm

They will have done themselves a huge favor crowd wise by beating HKR, I suppose the TV will keep quite a few away but still they may pull as many as 15,000, It will be good if they do. On the field , keep the Leeds halves quiet, front up in the forwards and we have a 50/50 chance of a win, Leeds will not be counting this a easy game ,as they have done many times in the past, If we can win this one it will not be viewed as a big upset and could have a massive affect on our season, If we dont win it, It's not the end of the world, The main thing is to play well in front of a big crowd and on TV.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS   LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 7:08 pm

15000 would be fantastic. What is our record home attendance?
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS   LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 7:18 pm

10/2/2008 15,629 against Leeds last season
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS   LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 8:02 pm

ponner wrote:
10/2/2008 15,629 against Leeds last season

Yes i thought it was that game as well, I think most Leeds fans are treating us with a bit more respect these days, I'm really hopeful of a big crowd.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS   LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 8:07 pm

If this game wasn't to be shown on SKY then i'm sure we'd have smashed the record. It will keep a few away but i'm still hopefull it can be broken.
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS   LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:10 pm

ponner wrote:
If this game wasn't to be shown on SKY then i'm sure we'd have smashed the record. It will keep a few away but i'm still hopefull it can be broken.
it should be broken the shawcross sharks U8s are playing a curtain raiser Smile Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS   LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:12 pm

bostock wrote:
ponner wrote:
it should be broken the shawcross sharks U8s are playing a curtain raiser Smile Wink Very Happy
How many free tickets can you get me then Wink
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS   LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:15 pm

ponner wrote:
bostock wrote:
ponner wrote:
O they are charging £10 LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS - Page 2 21033
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS   LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:17 pm

bostock wrote:
ponner wrote:
bostock wrote:
ponner wrote:
O they are charging £10 LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS - Page 2 21033
Damn, I was going to treat my Sister if they were free Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sadu
Ballboy
Ballboy
sadu

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS   LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 1:32 am

Boots n' all made a good fuss of this game..Pick of the week'... most excited about this game Smile So if you can go.. THEN DO... dont stay in to watch it! is gona be a totally hair-splitin game i rekon.. can't wait.

AND CAN WE HAVE A LITTLE MORE CHEERING PLEEEEEAAAASE?
PEOPLE.. DONT LOOK AT ME LIKE I'M STRANGE FOR CHEERIN OUR TEAM.. WHATS THAT ALL ABOUT??

LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS - Page 2 21033 LETS GO GIANTS, LETS GO!! LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS - Page 2 21033 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS   LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

LOOKING FORWARDS TO L**DS RHINOS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2