Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Our own Club house/Bar!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mad Lockwood Giant
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Our own Club house/Bar!! Empty
PostSubject: Our own Club house/Bar!!   Our own Club house/Bar!! EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 10:40 am

We need our own Bar facilities etc. It showed last Sunday before the Saints game with the Ropewalk being shut for repairs. Ken says it would cost him too much and would take over 12 years to make a profit on such a venture. So will never happen then. But we do need one - Ropewalk will be putting prices up to pay for refurbishment - which is dear anyway to start with. We need a facility for the fans! Question
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Our own Club house/Bar!!   Our own Club house/Bar!! EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 10:43 am

I wonder how many years the bar facilities for corporate fans took to pay for its self?
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Our own Club house/Bar!!   Our own Club house/Bar!! EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 10:51 am

matt01 wrote:
I wonder how many years the bar facilities for corporate fans took to pay for its self?
About a week with those prices!!!
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Our own Club house/Bar!!   Our own Club house/Bar!! EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 12:14 pm

Last week did show how reliant we all are on the ropewalk I was amazed how many lost souls I came across! BTW contrary to rumour the Saints fans hadn't been allowed in early in fact those were the last turnstiles open despite the huge queues!!

Anyway back to topic! it has been discussed many times about a clubhouse by both Giants and Town, but unfotunatly both seem intent in swelling numbers for their corporate bars!! Both clubs have this season tried to make these accessable to the ordinary punter by introducing the Centenary bar and the 40-20 club!

High on the agenda though is has alway have been a supporters area for the disabled supporters which all football and some RL clubs have. But this has been in the pipeline since the stadium opened, so unless someone made a club themselves I doubt any other sort of supporters bar wouldn't never materialise unfortunatly!

The major stumbling block is where to situate it!! There is a unit for let next door to the Pizza hut but then it runs into other problems like the proprietor of the ropewalk may object and the Pizza Hut may too! Teh only saving grace would be this HD1 project and with the current climate I can see that never coming to fruition!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our own Club house/Bar!!   Our own Club house/Bar!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Our own Club house/Bar!!
Page 1 of 1