Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rocket Rod back playing

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Rocket Rod back playing Empty
PostSubject: Rocket Rod back playing   Rocket Rod back playing EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 9:56 am

Quote :
PRIZED Northern Pride recruit Rod Jensen has a big, fat, red circle traced around February 14 on his calendar.

The date represents the Pride’s first trial match against Papua New Guinea in Cairns (Northern Pride Oval) ahead of the start of the 2009 Queensland Cup season in March.

Freshly thawed from a stint playing for Huddersfield in the English Super League, Jensen has been an enthusiastic participant in the Pride’s gruelling pre-season training regimen.

The former North Queensland Cowboys utility eagerly confesses he cannot wait for his first game in Pride colours.

"I’m counting down the days until the trials," Jensen said. "It might sound like a strange thing to say but it’s been a refreshing change coming back up here.

"I’m enjoying my football again. It’s refreshing being back in the heat and the sunshine and away from the cold."

Jensen has found his welcome at the Pride to be especially warm, with the 30-year-old revelling in his new environment.

The former Ravenshoe junior said he was impressed by the Pride’s professional set-up and attitude to football. "They say that the Queensland Cup is semi-professional but I don’t think there is a lot of difference in the way that we train and the Cowboys do," he said.

"I guess the only difference is that the boys are coming to training after working a nine-hour shift. A lot of the boys think they can play in the NRL and this is kind of their birthing stage really.

"Everyone’s putting a lot of work in. We know there are going to be a fair few Cowboys coming back so there’s going to be a lot of competition for spots.

"But the feeling is really good in the squad and I think we’re in for a great year."

The Pride opens its Queensland Cup season with an away match against Tweed Heads on Saturday, March 14.
Link
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Rod back playing   Rocket Rod back playing EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 9:51 pm

ponner wrote:
Quote :
PRIZED Northern Pride recruit Rod Jensen has a big, fat, red circle traced around February 14 on his calendar.

The date represents the Pride’s first trial match against Papua New Guinea in Cairns (Northern Pride Oval) ahead of the start of the 2009 Queensland Cup season in March.

Freshly thawed from a stint playing for Huddersfield in the English Super League, Jensen has been an enthusiastic participant in the Pride’s gruelling pre-season training regimen.

The former North Queensland Cowboys utility eagerly confesses he cannot wait for his first game in Pride colours.

"I’m counting down the days until the trials," Jensen said. "It might sound like a strange thing to say but it’s been a refreshing change coming back up here.

"I’m enjoying my football again. It’s refreshing being back in the heat and the sunshine and away from the cold."

Jensen has found his welcome at the Pride to be especially warm, with the 30-year-old revelling in his new environment.

The former Ravenshoe junior said he was impressed by the Pride’s professional set-up and attitude to football. "They say that the Queensland Cup is semi-professional but I don’t think there is a lot of difference in the way that we train and the Cowboys do," he said.

"I guess the only difference is that the boys are coming to training after working a nine-hour shift. A lot of the boys think they can play in the NRL and this is kind of their birthing stage really.

"Everyone’s putting a lot of work in. We know there are going to be a fair few Cowboys coming back so there’s going to be a lot of competition for spots.

"But the feeling is really good in the squad and I think we’re in for a great year."

The Pride opens its Queensland Cup season with an away match against Tweed Heads on Saturday, March 14.
Link

I always liked Rod. The problem was he always wanted to be the star. He was always looking for the 100m try. If he could have been more of a team player then he could have been one of the best imo. (oh and managed not to knock on a lot)
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Rod back playing   Rocket Rod back playing EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:12 pm

jensen played in a game either at the world cup or just before it and scored two tries for an indigenous team?
Back to top Go down
Natalie-x
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Natalie-x

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Rod back playing   Rocket Rod back playing EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:28 pm

Gem Bob wrote:
ponner wrote:
Quote :

Link

I always liked Rod. The problem was he always wanted to be the star. He was always looking for the 100m try. If he could have been more of a team player then he could have been one of the best imo. (oh and managed not to knock on a lot)

Yeah well, if they played him more often and played him properly then he wouldnt of gone home!!
Back to top Go down
Natalie-x
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Natalie-x

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Rod back playing   Rocket Rod back playing EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 10:28 pm

I want Rod back!
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Rod back playing   Rocket Rod back playing EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 5:38 am

He scored some awesome tries but was a liability under a high ball(and low balls) which resulted in the opposition scoring too many tries which resulted in us losing games imo.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Natalie-x
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Natalie-x

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Rod back playing   Rocket Rod back playing EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 10:01 am

Oi oi oi, it wasnt just Rod that lost us the games yanno!
Take it back, me and Rod are out to get you Mark.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Rod back playing   Rocket Rod back playing EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 11:21 am

eeerrr--leave me outa your scraps!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Rod back playing   Rocket Rod back playing Empty

Back to top Go down

Rocket Rod back playing
Page 1 of 1