Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who should be captain?

Go down 
+10
penninegiant
Durham Giant
Eclair
Shogun
anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf
Meltham Giant
bostock
reidy
matt01
ponner
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Who should be captain? Empty
PostSubject: Who should be captain?   Who should be captain? EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 5:22 pm

Should it be someone who's been at the club a while or a fresh face? After last season I would have thought Raleigh could be in with a shout but since then we've had Hodgson and Carney come in who could also stake a claim. Would giving Todd that extra bit of responsibility keep him under control? Would Brett Hodgson be welcomed as captain from the other players after only just stepping off the plane? Could Whatuira take the role as he's got the experience and been here a while now?

My opinion:
Captain-Whatuira
Vice Captain-Brett Hodgson
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Who should be captain?   Who should be captain? EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 5:53 pm

I'd have Wild as captain and Raleigh as vice. Guys who lead by example.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Who should be captain?   Who should be captain? EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 7:11 pm

As long as it's someone who will take control and has the teams respect, not fussed tbh.
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Who should be captain?   Who should be captain? EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 1:32 pm

i would give it to a huddersfield lad,crabtree Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Who should be captain?   Who should be captain? EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 8:47 pm

ponner wrote:
Should it be someone who's been at the club a while or a fresh face? After last season I would have thought Raleigh could be in with a shout but since then we've had Hodgson and Carney come in who could also stake a claim. Would giving Todd that extra bit of responsibility keep him under control? Would Brett Hodgson be welcomed as captain from the other players after only just stepping off the plane? Could Whatuira take the role as he's got the experience and been here a while now?

My opinion:
Captain-Whatuira
Vice Captain-Brett Hodgson

Ponner, you know the way to my heart! Whatuira would be a great captain, but maybe do what we did last year and have 2 vices in Eorl and Brett maybe.... whoever it is, dont mind to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Who should be captain?   Who should be captain? EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 2:02 pm

I would go for Wild personally. The guy never looks satisfied with himself on the pitch, he always has that look that he should have done something more. He has the desire to lead the team to the next level. Also he showed a huge amount of loyality to the club to knock Saints back when they came sniffing. I'll never forget that tackle he made on a Bradford player when we beat them at the Galpharm for the first time, the ground that he made up to stop the guy just before he got to the line was amazing. Either Raleigh or Whatuira as vice, IMO.
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Who should be captain?   Who should be captain? EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 2:50 pm

anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf wrote:
I would go for Wild personally. The guy never looks satisfied with himself on the pitch, he always has that look that he should have done something more. He has the desire to lead the team to the next level. Also he showed a huge amount of loyality to the club to knock Saints back when they came sniffing. I'll never forget that tackle he made on a Bradford player when we beat them at the Galpharm for the first time, the ground that he made up to stop the guy just before he got to the line was amazing. Either Raleigh or Whatuira as vice, IMO.
good call,anwar Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Who should be captain?   Who should be captain? EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 6:15 pm

I would go for Brett Hodgson. Because of his experience mainly and also I believe the full back has a better idea from his position on the field than any other position to monitor the game.
Leave the forwards to get on with the graft without having to think too much.
Back to top Go down
Eclair
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Who should be captain?   Who should be captain? EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 7:56 pm

Shogun wrote:
I would go for Brett Hodgson. Because of his experience mainly and also I believe the full back has a better idea from his position on the field than any other position to monitor the game.

Shocked Smile
I won't mention that comment to one forward of my acquaintance!
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Who should be captain?   Who should be captain? EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 8:31 pm

Eclair wrote:
Shogun wrote:

Shocked Smile
What Shogun also fails to remember is that he was a foward in his paying days too. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Who should be captain?   Who should be captain? EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 9:24 pm

ponner wrote:
Eclair wrote:
Shogun wrote:

Shocked Smile
What Shogun also fails to remember is that he was a foward in his paying days too. Laughing

Maybe that is why he thinks Hodgson. If he was a forward when he played he probably knows how difficult it was to think and run at the same time Wink
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Who should be captain?   Who should be captain? EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 9:27 pm

Luke Robinson, why not, he has the passion and wears his heart on his sleeve!
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Who should be captain?   Who should be captain? EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 9:27 pm

I would have thought that the natural captain would be Hodgson. he will impress his team mates is a consumate professional, is experienced, will demand respect from players and opponeents and will know how to sweet talk a referee. Something our players could have done with Last year.

I would also look at players like raleigh, Eorl and Wild as pack leader / Vice captains. particularly Eorl and Wild where the responsibility may spur them on to achieve big things this season
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Who should be captain?   Who should be captain? EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 9:29 pm

I would love Andy to be captain, but can't help but think it is a poisoned chalice, let him play as he has been doin!
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Who should be captain?   Who should be captain? EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 12:01 am

ponner wrote:
Eclair wrote:
Shogun wrote:

Shocked Smile

was he also a FORWARD in his PLAYING days !?--time to put the bottle down methinks!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Who should be captain?   Who should be captain? EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 9:35 am

It's my keyboard!!!! If i don't slam the keys then it doesn't register :P
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

PostSubject: Re: Who should be captain?   Who should be captain? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 7:11 pm

Still paying, but not playing.

Anyway I was a well educated forward.
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

PostSubject: Re: Who should be captain?   Who should be captain? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 7:15 pm

ponner wrote:
It's my keyboard!!!! If i don't slam the keys then it doesn't register :P

Poor workman that blames his tools.
Come on over and I will give you some spelling lessons. study study
Back to top Go down
Mandy Giants Fan
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Mandy Giants Fan

Number of posts : 838
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Who should be captain?   Who should be captain? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 9:56 am

I think maybe Wild give him a bit more responsibility and I think he could handle it, not sure about vice captain though
Back to top Go down
tonytownend
tonytownend

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Who should be captain?   Who should be captain? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 4:16 pm

Brett Hodgson for skipper and i think he should chose his own vice-captain, leadership roles always work best if your comfortable with the people working alongside you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youviewpropertyservices.co.uk
Natalie-x
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Natalie-x

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Who should be captain?   Who should be captain? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:55 pm

I wreckon Darrell Griffin for captain!
Don't know why. I don't think Brett should be captain, he's new!!
Nat x
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Who should be captain?   Who should be captain? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:09 pm

Hmm im indescive about this captain role

I think Brett should get vice captain at least
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
Natalie-x
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Natalie-x

PostSubject: Re: Who should be captain?   Who should be captain? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:13 pm

He shouldn't even get vice captain in my opinion!
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Who should be captain?   Who should be captain? EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:22 pm

Hmm, well i hope Nathan has a headache from all this, cos i know i would if i was him xD
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
Natalie-x
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Natalie-x

PostSubject: Re: Who should be captain?   Who should be captain? EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 9:32 am

Giant-Dragon wrote:
Hmm, well i hope Nathan has a headache from all this, cos i know i would if i was him xD

Hmmm, well I changed my mind about Captain.
I wreckon it WILL be Brett =/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who should be captain?   Who should be captain? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who should be captain?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next