Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Play offs

Go down 
+4
reidy
matt01
bostock
Shogun
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Play offs Empty
PostSubject: Play offs   Play offs EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 10:19 pm

What does anybody think about the new system.
My personal view is, it seems ok, but as for being able to select from 2 for your semi final opponent seems a bit dodgy, but wait and see before bagging it.
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Play offs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs   Play offs EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 12:49 pm

makes you wonder who will pick the team to play against?
coach;on performance or
chairman;on gate receipts
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Play offs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs   Play offs EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 6:27 pm

I like the idea of the top 4 getting a second bite, but not sure about the club being able to pick their semi final opponents. Surely home advantage is enough.
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Play offs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs   Play offs EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 5:08 pm

matt01 wrote:
I like the idea of the top 4 getting a second bite, but not sure about the club being able to pick their semi final opponents. Surely home advantage is enough.

I would agree with the above.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Play offs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs   Play offs EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 5:55 pm

Same here. I don't mind the odd tweak to the system, but this is a complete overhaul which will prob give advantage to the likes of Leeds & Saints.
If it ain't broken, don't fix it. imho.
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Play offs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs   Play offs EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 10:47 pm

reidy@work wrote:
Same here. I don't mind the odd tweak to the system, but this is a complete overhaul which will prob give advantage to the likes of Leeds & Saints.
If it ain't broken, don't fix it. imho.

Totally agree!
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Play offs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs   Play offs EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 3:14 am

matt01 wrote:

with the choice of semi final opponents i think it will benefit the lesser teams, just imagine the team talk before the game where leeds have elected to play hudds rather than say hull because they think you arent as good, will that not give you the passion /desire to shove it up them ?
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Play offs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs   Play offs EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 2:27 pm

adelaide-giant.no9 wrote:
matt01 wrote:

with the choice of semi final opponents i think it will benefit the lesser teams, just imagine the team talk before the game where leeds have elected to play hudds rather than say hull because they think you arent as good, will that not give you the passion /desire to shove it up them ?
dont think the chairman would let the coach pick hudds over hull,because of the lower gate money. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Helen
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Play offs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs   Play offs EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 10:06 pm

I've got nothing against the new play off system, except I don't think it's the best idea that the top team gets to choose their semi final opponant. I suppose time will tell how successful it is, I won't say anything too negative until I see how it works out.
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Play offs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs   Play offs EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 8:37 am

Helen wrote:
I've got nothing against the new play off system, except I don't think it's the best idea that the top team gets to choose their semi final opponant. I suppose time will tell how successful it is, I won't say anything too negative until I see how it works out.

O/T Nice of you to phone to say that you got back OK! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Play offs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs   Play offs EmptyMon Dec 08, 2008 9:32 pm

bostock wrote:
adelaide-giant.no9 wrote:
matt01 wrote:

dont think the chairman would let the coach pick hudds over hull,because of the lower gate money. Rolling Eyes

Another way of looking at it is :- A choice between Hudd or Hull. If the team choosing decided that they had more chance of beating Hudd, they would take a reduced crowd option in the hope of progressing with more certainty to the final and a big pay day.

Of course this is only hypothetical as Hull are likely to be no better than Hudds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Play offs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Play offs   Play offs Empty

Back to top Go down

Play offs
Page 1 of 1