Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shaun Lunt coming to the Giants?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Shaun Lunt coming to the Giants? Empty
PostSubject: Shaun Lunt coming to the Giants?   Shaun Lunt coming to the Giants? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 8:30 am

Town youngster Shaun Lunt looks to be on his way to Huddersfield Giants – subject to a compensation package being agreed with Workington.

Shaun Lunt

Hooker Lunt, 22, who was plagued by back injuries last season, has been one of the star players at Derwent Park for the past three years.

But he has caught the eye of the Super League club and though Workington are sad to see him go they will not stand in his way.

Town chairman, Dave Bowden, said: “It looks like Shaun will be going to Huddersfield. We have been in discussions with them over a compensation package, which will be adjudicated by the RFL.

“It appears Shaun is keen to go and they are keen to have him there.

“We are delighted that he is being given the opportunity to play at a higher level and we wish him well if it comes off.

“If it all goes through it is a fantastic opportunity for him at the right stage in his career.”

Lunt won the NL2 young player of the year trophy in consecutive years in 2006 and 2007.

link
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Shaun Lunt coming to the Giants?   Shaun Lunt coming to the Giants? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 4:39 pm

Why have him and Moore?
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Shaun Lunt coming to the Giants?   Shaun Lunt coming to the Giants? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 7:12 pm

matt01 wrote:
Why have him and Moore?

Good question.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: Shaun Lunt coming to the Giants?   Shaun Lunt coming to the Giants? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 9:49 pm

Is anyone else thinking the Moore signing was a mistake? Valuable salary cap space taken up with a St Helen's player, who will more than likely return to Saints at the end of the season when Cunningham retires.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Shaun Lunt coming to the Giants?   Shaun Lunt coming to the Giants? EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 11:28 pm

yes -exactly!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Mandy Giants Fan
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Mandy Giants Fan

Number of posts : 838
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Shaun Lunt coming to the Giants?   Shaun Lunt coming to the Giants? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 10:50 am

It's official

GIANTS SNARE ONE FOR THE FUTURE

Huddersfield Giants have signed 21-year-old Workington Town star Shaun Lunt on a three-year full time contract. The hooker/half back was the National league young player of the year in 2006 and 2007 and has joined for an undisclosed fee.

Giants Managing Director Richard Thewlis commented:

“Our club has followed Shaun’s progress for a number of years and he is highly rated as having real potential for the future. He wanted a full time environment and we are happy to provide him with an opportunity. At this stage he knows he is behind the mark in terms of players of a similar age who have been full time since 16 yet he has the advantage of playing senior rugby for longer so it will be interesting to see how he goes in our environment. He is a long-term project player for us and fits in with our policies of giving people opportunities in every facet of the business. How he grasps this opportunity is down to him but he knows he will have great coaching and facilities second to none.”

“I would also like to pay tribute to the Workington club and their chairman Dave Bowden who have been very understanding throughout our negotiations. I am sure Dave is upset to lose Shaun yet he made it clear from the outset that he didn’t want to stand in the way of his progress to Super League. We have agreed an undisclosed fee with Workington and I am sure that all three parties view the final outcome as a positive one for all.”

Workington Town Chairman Dave Bowden commented:

“It’s a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive super league club, one he simply could not ignore. Sean has been a model professional and has developed his career here, winning national awards. It is an illustration that young players can move forward from playing at Workington. We all wish Shaun and Huddersfield well, and will follow his progress with interest.”

Shaun Lunt was delighted to join the Giants:

"There were a number of clubs who were showing an interest in me, but as soon as I knew Huddersfield were keen, I jumped at the chance to come. They've got a fantastic reputation. Everyone can see they're a club on the up, and their facilities speak for themselves.”

”At this stage, it’s just a case of getting my head down, working hard and biding my time to see what happens. I know there are a lot of players ahead of me in the pecking order here, but joining Huddersfield is still a dream move for me. I can't wait for the start of pre-season training!”

Taken from Giants official website
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: Shaun Lunt coming to the Giants?   Shaun Lunt coming to the Giants? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 6:25 pm

Lunt sounds like he could be a real asset for the club and should add more competition for places. Good luck to the lad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shaun Lunt coming to the Giants?   Shaun Lunt coming to the Giants? Empty

Back to top Go down

Shaun Lunt coming to the Giants?
Page 1 of 1