Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Examiner Features

Go down 
+4
Mandy Giants Fan
ponner
JudgeB
CA
8 posters
AuthorMessage
CA
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Examiner Features Empty
PostSubject: Examiner Features   Examiner Features EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 1:36 pm

Thought for those who don't get the examiner I would post a couple of features in todays paper of interest.

Quote :
Star man Raleigh wants to finish on a high
ANDY RALEIGH is desperate to mark an excellent personal campaign by helping the Giants finish their Super League season on a high with victory at Warrington tonight.

Although the Giants have had a disappointing year, the Huddersfield-born 27-year-old back-row forward has been a rock in his side’s pack.

It was a fact recognised at the Giants’ Player of the Year evening when he won a whole host of awards.

That included the Players’ Player of the Year prize.

And he intends to repay the faith shown in him by his teammates by doing everything in his power to make sure the Giants finish their season on a positive note against the Wolves tonight.

“To pick up all those awards was a tremendous honour, and also came as a bit of a surprise,” said Raleigh, who has been the only ever-present in the Giants’ side this season.

“But I think the Players’ Player Award probably means the most to me.

“It shows that your efforts are genuinely appreciated by your teammates, and that’s something very special.

“Although it’s been a tough year for us as a whole, I’ve been happy with the way I’ve been playing, and I’ve now had official recognition of that fact.

“So, in a sense, I see tonight as the chance to put the icing on the cake.

“It’s my opportunity to prove for one final time that I deserved to receive all these awards, and I intend to do everything I can to make sure we end our season on a really positive note.

“We’ve come close to beating Warrington a few times this season and tonight we see it as an opportunity to get one back on them.

“Getting a win would be fantastic.”

Link

Quote :
Figures are Legendary!

MEMBERSHIP to the Legends Club leads the way as fans continue to snap up the Giants’ cut-price season tickets for 2009 at a record rate.

Club officials can now report more adult season tickets have been sold for Super League XIV than throughout the entire 2008 campaign.

A whole variety of season-ticket packages are on offer, but it is the take-up to the Legends Club, which incorporates Vice President membership, that has really captured the imagination.

“We’ve already reached record season-ticket sales, which is fantastic news,” reported Giants managing director Richard Thewlis. “But it is the Legends package that is showing the most growth.

“We already have over 40 new Vice Presidents signed up to enter the Legends Club which is a major boost, and the signs are that the Legends Club capacity will be reached sooner rather than later.

“The pace of ‘Giants Revolution’ season-ticket sales has increased this week on the back of the signing of Australian NRL superstar Todd Carney and we’re confident that will continue.”

Link
Quote :
Stephen not so Wild on doing dreaded run

HAS there ever been more pressure on Stephen Wild going into a Super League game?

The Giants’ Great Britain back-row forward finished last season as Huddersfield’s top tryscorer with 15 as he became the club’s first player to be included in a Super League Dream Team.

But as the Giants head to Warrington tonight, Wild knows he has to score a try to avoid doing the dreaded naked run.

It’s something the 27-year-old has never had to do before, but at an unnamed location over the next few days Wild may be forced to embark on the jog all Super League players dread more than any other.

And should he fail to cross the whitewash tonight, it also promises to be a lonely run – although he could have new signing David Fauimu to keep him company!

The New Zealand Test hooker’s delayed arrival due to red tape means he’s only figured in the last three games, but his teammates are unlikely to show him any sympathy for that.

And that’s also the case for young Reserve player Michael Brown, who made the briefest of appearances as a substitute in the final minutes of the win over Harlequins at the Galpharm in June.

Under the naked run rules, as soon as a player steps onto a Super League field he is automatically included in the list to become a potential ‘victim’, even if he spends just a couple of minutes on the pitch – as was the case with the highly unfortunate Brown.
Link
Back to top Go down
JudgeB
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
JudgeB

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Examiner Features Empty
PostSubject: Re: Examiner Features   Examiner Features EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 9:25 pm

Link[/quote]
Quote :
Stephen not so Wild on doing dreaded run

HAS there ever been more pressure on Stephen Wild going into a Super League game?

The Giants’ Great Britain back-row forward finished last season as Huddersfield’s top tryscorer with 15 as he became the club’s first player to be included in a Super League Dream Team.

But as the Giants head to Warrington tonight, Wild knows he has to score a try to avoid doing the dreaded naked run.

It’s something the 27-year-old has never had to do before, but at an unnamed location over the next few days Wild may be forced to embark on the jog all Super League players dread more than any other.

And should he fail to cross the whitewash tonight, it also promises to be a lonely run – although he could have new signing David Fauimu to keep him company!

The New Zealand Test hooker’s delayed arrival due to red tape means he’s only figured in the last three games, but his teammates are unlikely to show him any sympathy for that.

And that’s also the case for young Reserve player Michael Brown, who made the briefest of appearances as a substitute in the final minutes of the win over Harlequins at the Galpharm in June.

Under the naked run rules, as soon as a player steps onto a Super League field he is automatically included in the list to become a potential ‘victim’, even if he spends just a couple of minutes on the pitch – as was the case with the highly unfortunate Brown.
Link
[/quote]

Biggest smile ever on Wilds face when he scored his first tonight and with Fauimu scoring as well young Brown is going to one lonely naked runner Laughing
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Examiner Features Empty
PostSubject: Re: Examiner Features   Examiner Features EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 9:49 pm

Exactly what i thought. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Mandy Giants Fan
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Mandy Giants Fan

Number of posts : 838
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Examiner Features Empty
PostSubject: Re: Examiner Features   Examiner Features EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 7:49 am

I would make the other Lads watch Michael Brown and tease him hahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568

Examiner Features Empty
PostSubject: Re: Examiner Features   Examiner Features EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 6:07 pm

Poor Michael B!!

I think they should all do the naked run round the pitch (several laps!) - the club could even charge a small admission fee...bet we would sell out the stadium :P Trouble is the lads would be scared to death of the pack of hungry drooling women in the stands they wouldnt want to come out of the changing rooms! Would be a nice little earner for the club though lol!
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

Examiner Features Empty
PostSubject: Re: Examiner Features   Examiner Features EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 6:16 pm

dannablue wrote:
Poor Michael B!!

I think they should all do the naked run round the pitch (several laps!) - the club could even charge a small admission fee...bet we would sell out the stadium :P Trouble is the lads would be scared to death of the pack of hungry drooling women in the stands they wouldnt want to come out of the changing rooms! Would be a nice little earner for the club though lol!

Never mind the money young lady, we know your motives and it AIN'T cash....... Suspect
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Examiner Features Empty
PostSubject: Re: Examiner Features   Examiner Features EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 10:10 pm

well theres a play off on the other side prediction comp - between Crackerjack, Squirt , and Wes !

Its to race the young fella in the nude so he doesnt run on his own!!

Crackers and Squirt were chatting .......................and ......................Wes ....................ITS ALL YOURS!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568

Examiner Features Empty
PostSubject: Re: Examiner Features   Examiner Features EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 7:53 pm

reidy@work wrote:
dannablue wrote:
Poor Michael B!!

Never mind the money young lady, we know your motives and it AIN'T cash....... Suspect

Who, little ol' me?? What are you suggesting??!!! I simply have the club at heart....the fact I would gain lots of pleasure from such an event is beside the point Laughing
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Examiner Features Empty
PostSubject: Re: Examiner Features   Examiner Features EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 8:51 pm

dannablue wrote:
Poor Michael B!!

ooooh that would just be ace!

id so skive college just to see that!

anyhoo i thought they were doing a topless calander this year? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

Examiner Features Empty
PostSubject: Re: Examiner Features   Examiner Features EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 9:21 pm

I offered GD but my belly would steal the limelight...... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Mandy Giants Fan
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Mandy Giants Fan

Number of posts : 838
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Examiner Features Empty
PostSubject: Re: Examiner Features   Examiner Features EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 5:29 am

That's what I got told by someone who works closely with the player's, maybe they chickened out lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Examiner Features Empty
PostSubject: Re: Examiner Features   Examiner Features Empty

Back to top Go down

Examiner Features
Page 1 of 1