Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grixy lovers

Go down 
+8
BO JANGLES
Ivor C&G Scarf
Jools
ponner
Durham Giant
matt01
shelleygiant
defleppard
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Grixy lovers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 11:42 am

ponner wrote:
I wouldn't call letting him go to Hull KR in exchange for £100K 'nothing' but he did have a good game yesterday and as we have a clause in the contract that we have first refusal when his 2 year contract is up, we could still see him in a Giants shirt when he's better under high balls and cuts out the schoolboy errors. I'll admit he's better with ball in hand than Grix but no way safer at the back under high balls and Grix has a lot of say in organizing the defensive line during play.

Well i know nothing of the finances or the people who control them Mark and i know you do have some contacts, But It's not about getting £100k for a player you got for less, for me It's about recognising Talent ,keeping it, coaching out the glitches if need be, and you have another Danny Mcguire or whoever,
Not at the Giants, we have to go with the safest option someone who does more to organise the defence because It's safer, It was safer to let both Devere and Hodgson go they were a bit too old , they might get Injured then what, No much better to get in some other guys from down under, at least we know they are crocked, before they get here, They won't be like either Grix or Eden, neither safe nor a risk, because they will be mostly in the stand or n the Examiner telling how badly they want to make the Giants a great side. As far as i know we signed the latest one last October, Has he played 40 minutes yet, Still on his fitness program,? And yet just down the road at our Duel reg club was a player snapped up by Saints who looks a great prospect, We were probably to busy reading about how good Tai is going to be for us, to even know that Batley had a decent player.

Once again i know nothing of the staff numbers at the Giants, but i was talking to a friend who has a slight connection with the club, He was telling me i wouldn't believe how many there are, Maybe they need to get rid of a few chiefs and they could perhaps afford a decent Indian for the middle of the park ( they have been needing one for years ) Anyone know what Robbie Paul is up to these days? on the other hand, although Robbo was England hooker he's not too bad at half, and if we need them, both Grix and Leroy can do a safe job there,

All this said i have been to nearly every match so far, They are up there and i pray they can stay up there, At times to me they look a decent side who can grind out a win ( Hull Wigan ) sometimes they can turn on the style( Leeds) , sometimes they look abysmal ( Wakey Salford ) Next few weeks will reveal a bit more, should see if this much vaunted big pack can come good and give the backs some chances to show what they can do. The one thing that has not changed is the need for a class player in the most important spot. Where to get one, there are non about anywhere, Well there's one at HKR and he will be a good one before long, shame he won't be with us, but we need a safe option.
Back to top Go down
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2011-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 8:05 pm

Eden may well BECOME a great player. Scott grix IS a good full back. The giants cannot afford to have a weak link in such a crucial area with our current squad. It's no good comparing us to wigan or Leeds because we aren't wigan or Leeds and our club isn't like either.
I don't agree with you about our squad choices either- we have only 3 non British players in our squad. Probably as low as any SL team and lower than many- and you lost all credibility with me to suggest that the club wouldn't WANT to keep de Vere etc. - of course if you have over a million a year (thats only a mere £25,000 a week) you would like to put into the club then I'm sure MR Davy would happily share the burden. To suggest we don't keep talent is also an area I don't agree with- I can't think of any youngster we have "let go" who has gone on to be a superstar- but neither do we fans know the details or reasons for allowing eden to move on which may not be solely about his playing ability.
Time will tell about eden....
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
sparky

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 8:11 pm

Jools wrote:
To suggest we don't keep talent is also an area I don't agree with- I can't think of any youngster we have "let go" who has gone on to be a superstar

Martin Gleeson? In his prime he was an outstanding threequarter.
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
sparky

PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 8:13 pm

Jools wrote:
Scott grix IS a good full back.

Contentious to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 9:06 pm

sparky wrote:
Jools wrote:
To suggest we don't keep talent is also an area I don't agree with- I can't think of any youngster we have "let go" who has gone on to be a superstar

We did not LET gleeson go! You are talking over 10 years ago- hardly relevant to what is happening at the giants now. Gleeson was able to sign for another club as we were relegated- if we could we would have kept him. If that's the only one we have lost in a dozen years we have done pretty well I think!
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
sparky

PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 9:21 pm

Jools wrote:
sparky wrote:
Jools wrote:

We did not LET gleeson go! You are talking over 10 years ago- hardly relevant to what is happening at the giants now. Gleeson was able to sign for another club as we were relegated- if we could we would have kept him. If that's the only one we have lost in a dozen years we have done pretty well I think!

Gleeson went elsewhere to ply his trade, call it letting him go, call it him moving on. Whatever. It's just splitting hairs. I'm not going to debate semantics with you. You didn't specify a time frame in your post for us losing young talent to other clubs. The example stands. Gleeson was a young world class talent who left Fartown.

As far as it not being relevant to where the Giants are now, of course it is. If other players see world class contemporaries leaving Fartown for other clubs, players of a similar standard aren't going to want to play for said club as they will deem it not worthy of them.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 10:20 pm

Jools wrote:
Eden may well BECOME a great player. Scott grix IS a good full back. The giants cannot afford to have a weak link in such a crucial area with our current squad. It's no good comparing us to wigan or Leeds because we aren't wigan or Leeds and our club isn't like either.
I don't agree with you about our squad choices either- we have only 3 non British players in our squad. Probably as low as any SL team and lower than many- and you lost all credibility with me to suggest that the club wouldn't WANT to keep de Vere etc. - of course if you have over a million a year (thats only a mere £25,000 a week) you would like to put into the club then I'm sure MR Davy would happily share the burden. To suggest we don't keep talent is also an area I don't agree with- I can't think of any youngster we have "let go" who has gone on to be a superstar- but neither do we fans know the details or reasons for allowing eden to move on which may not be solely about his playing ability.

I don't remember making any mention of young players, although Eden is obviously in that category, I had a very good discussion with DeVere on the plane to Perpignan the first time we played over there, I well remember what he told me and it was nothing to do with not being able to afford him, You believe what you like ,i just know what he told me, ( credible or otherwise ) Hodgson we were told was allowed to go because the club didn't think he was worth 2 more years, not only that but the incredibly stupid decision was taken to announce he was going to Warrington in the middle of the season, How daft were warrington to think he had more in him, and how well the side went after that, Remember Brad drew same thing with him, not worth 2 years send him to Wakey, then get him back 2 years later, some one really had their finger on the pulse there, Ryan Hudson ? not worth it, Money needed for the likes of Fa-alogo Decent player on the odd occasion he got onto the field, And did the club learn , they sure did ,they anounced in the middle of the season N Brown was leaving, on top of that when he revealed he was going to Saints, they allowed him to to carry on, how professional was that

We all have our opinions of course and i doubt mine fit many people who post on here's opinion, Nevertheless i am entitalled to them, and i am dumbfounded why the club carn't be bothered to bring on obvious talent like Eden, and yet can find large sums of money to bring in over the hill Aussies like Odonell to sit in the stand, Yes he was very good and very tough on the field, but sadly not often on the field, Now we have another who is still struggling to get fit and we are into the second half of the season,
The 3 good players they did bring in ( who were still good ) well two they didn't want to keep and the other thay gave to Warrington.
You are right to say we shouldn't be compared to Leeds and Wigan, we are a long way away from the way those clubs are run, But by the amount of success they have you have to think that maybe they know something we dont.

As regards having a million to put into the club ,no i dont have it, although i would hazzard a guess i have put a lot more into it than you, and in any event i thought Sky were the ones doing that, don't all clubs get the same, or are the £s that Wigan and Leeds get somehow worth more, Perhaps they just spend them more wisely, I don't think off the top of my head either one are spending massive ammounts on oversea's players. Neither do they let their most talented yougster go, Speaking of which some of our more talented younger players may well be on the wanted lists at other clubs, there is a lot of talk about that the Salford guy is thinking big, but then there's always a lot of talk.

Back to top Go down
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 11:13 pm

Yes All clubs can spend the same on players- but I'm willing to bet wigan and Leeds spend a lot more as a club than we do. They have revenue that we don't and that money is spent on coaching and development and facilities etc etc- that clearly is going to make a difference to the quality of players whichever way you look at it.
I don't think it's a case of "can't be bothered" to bring on eden, we bothered to bring on wardle, leroy, jerry, Bruno, cording its about balancing the books and given our poor ticket sales I imagine something had to give. We haven't as far as I can see made a habit of letting our most talented youngsters go, as I say the jury is still out on whether we have made a mistake with eden- he had a good game against us and saints but has had some shockers too by the sounds
Ken spends over 1 million every year of his OWN money on this club to enable us to have a modicum of what the "big clubs" have. At the end of the day the books have to be balanced- if it means they have to get rid of a big earner such as brett or drew then so be it. Drew didnt really set wakey alight when he left did he- did de Vere rip it up in aus? Brett - yes he played very well at wire...... When he played, which is key as if a player of that calibre were missing from our squad for that length if time due to injury we would miss him more than wire did (see LOD).
We are trying to compete with the big boys on a lot less money- sacrifices have to be made one way or another. It's difficult to attract youngsters to giants when Leeds wire etc can offer a lot more in terms of training and facilities.
If eden is the only mistake we have made with youngsters since we returned to superleague then that'll do for me.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 7:01 am

Its all down to the Huddersfield "fringe"(not converted)supporters take on things alas IMO

1. t`would be nice to compete consistently (we`rre doing that at moment)and win something
then
2 We need ditto ditto ditto
then
3 We must ditto ditto ditto

They always .in entertainment , put the best act on last ,the star of the show
Thats what people remember
Sadly , this is entertainment , and the fact is last season we put the support (?) on last
Thats what the additional fringe remember
And the increase in prices at the same time though absolutely necessary sadly clinched it for many

As they say on TV -"Fact"
Sad but true and its gonna take fresh ideas and initiatve to claw it back !

So if ANYONE has ANY ideas to improve things (those on here have the club very nuch at heart or they wouldnt be posting ) Id suggest sending them to Ponner or Jools and Im sure they`ll try to ensure they reach the right quarter

Pens to paper / keys to keyboards folks...................................................... Lets get this "show" on the road again !!!
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 11:16 am

BO JANGLES wrote:
Jools wrote:

I don't remember making any mention of young players, although Eden is obviously in that category, I had a very good discussion with DeVere on the plane to Perpignan the first time we played over there, I well remember what he told me and it was nothing to do with not being able to afford him, You believe what you like ,i just know what he told me, ( credible or otherwise ) Hodgson we were told was allowed to go because the club didn't think he was worth 2 more years, not only that but the incredibly stupid decision was taken to announce he was going to Warrington in the middle of the season, How daft were warrington to think he had more in him, and how well the side went after that, Remember Brad drew same thing with him, not worth 2 years send him to Wakey, then get him back 2 years later, some one really had their finger on the pulse there, Ryan Hudson ? not worth it, Money needed for the likes of Fa-alogo Decent player on the odd occasion he got onto the field, And did the club learn , they sure did ,they anounced in the middle of the season N Brown was leaving, on top of that when he revealed he was going to Saints, they allowed him to to carry on, how professional was that

We all have our opinions of course and i doubt mine fit many people who post on here's opinion, Nevertheless i am entitalled to them, and i am dumbfounded why the club carn't be bothered to bring on obvious talent like Eden, and yet can find large sums of money to bring in over the hill Aussies like Odonell to sit in the stand, Yes he was very good and very tough on the field, but sadly not often on the field, Now we have another who is still struggling to get fit and we are into the second half of the season,
The 3 good players they did bring in ( who were still good ) well two they didn't want to keep and the other thay gave to Warrington.
You are right to say we shouldn't be compared to Leeds and Wigan, we are a long way away from the way those clubs are run, But by the amount of success they have you have to think that maybe they know something we dont.

As regards having a million to put into the club ,no i dont have it, although i would hazzard a guess i have put a lot more into it than you, and in any event i thought Sky were the ones doing that, don't all clubs get the same, or are the £s that Wigan and Leeds get somehow worth more, Perhaps they just spend them more wisely, I don't think off the top of my head either one are spending massive ammounts on oversea's players. Neither do they let their most talented yougster go, Speaking of which some of our more talented younger players may well be on the wanted lists at other clubs, there is a lot of talk about that the Salford guy is thinking big, but then there's always a lot of talk.

You should try to sell your 6th sense of hindsight it would come in handy for a lot of people.

There will not be one poster on here or any other forum who thought O'Donnell was a bad signing at the time.

With hindsight it did not work out due to a serious knee injury but none of us knew that would happen.

Faalogo came with an excellent injury record but the fact he had rubber hamstrings was not something the club knew except with hindsight.

Brett Hodgson missed a lot of games for us with injuries and the club thought it was worth moving him on. The fact that he has been less injury prone at Wire could not be foreseen unless you had hindsight. If we had not moved him on we would not have got EDEN. so you have a go at us not keeping Eden and for getting rid of Hodgson but we would not have had one without the other.
Additionally most of the signings you are talking about were done by NB, should the club have ignored what |NB said. Everyone thought he was a great coach ( some of us didnt) but with hindsight he should hav egone a couple of years earlier.

Wire are now paying the price for keeping players too long. They have an aging team with difficulties in replacing them. There will be no more aussies coming over and british halves are as rare as rocking horse poop.

As for your understanding of the financial information Sky pay a million a year. The SC is 1.8 million. Yes we have the same as other teams but the extra money they have allows them to spend more money on other things. Giants have 3 people working on Marketing. Wigan have 14 just dealing with the first team.

Leeds had a well developed youth system for years ours has been going for about 5 years with proper funding.

As for Leeds and Wigan not letting talented youngster go they were slated for letting Wild, Brown, Robbo Hodgson etc go to replace them with Aussies.
They have changed tack in the last couple of years as well.

The club have made mistakes and they know it but your criticisms are way off the mark.
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
sparky

PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 12:11 pm

Durham Giant wrote:

There will not be one poster on here or any other forum who thought O'Donnell was a bad signing at the time.

With hindsight it did not work out due to a serious knee injury but none of us knew that would happen.

Wrong. LOD was already injured when Fartown acquired him. In addition to which, a few fans voiced reservations at the time of signing as to the judgement of the club in forking out such a huge stash on a contract for a player who was undergoing rehab.

Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 3:22 pm

sparky wrote:
Durham Giant wrote:

Wrong. LOD was already injured when Fartown acquired him. In addition to which, a few fans voiced reservations at the time of signing as to the judgement of the club in forking out such a huge stash on a contract for a player who was undergoing rehab.

Dead right he was , and he was not the only one either, Devere was signed knowing that he was needing a knee job that would take 6 months, I know that he was quite prepared to cancel his contract if it didn't work, but why take risks like that, and why keep on signing players who wont be able to play till months into the season, It's not rocket science to work out why ( forwards particularly ) who have been battering away in the NRL for 10 or 12 years come over here, It's because they can play at a lower level, Less intensity , Less pressure, Same money, and yes some of them have been and still are very good, I guess we must just be unlucky, Although some-one signing Injured players for big money can hardly claim that

The main reason Fartown sign these players is for the same one they signed Gary Scofield, It's in the hope that the crowds will turn up to see them, Scofield was long past it when he came to fartown, and people wont turn out to watch over the hill players, It's all on to get them to watch a team second from the top.

And if Wigan and Leeds produce more and better youngsters than us ( and they do ) It's not an accident, just the way it is, Its because they have worked at it, They haven't been at it any longer than we have, They have worked at keeping the game vibrant at all levels and they reap the rewards with players like Tomkins, and when Tomkin's leaves (as he will ) they will get a B******** fortune for him, which they will reinvest in the game, Not give him away to another club ( to come back and destroy you ) thankful that you have got rid of a big wage.

I think it was Jools who said we shouldn't be compared to the likes of Wigan and Leeds, I can understand why he thinks so, Myself i'm damned if i see why not, The people who run the clubs are obviously the right people in the right jobs, they are not Superpeople, And Durham makes the point Warrington have a old team and are having trouble finding good replacements, Lets see shall we, because Warrington are not really any better placed than we are for producing players.

There will be fewer players coming from Os because of the Currency situation, That wont bother me, in fact it will be a good thing because the home grown players will get a chance, who knows we may even begin to close the gap on the Aussies, I'm all in favor of giving the young players a crack, We may( should Brough or Robbo get an Injury God forbid ) see it , Although to be honest we are far more likely to see what we saw at Batley.

This may all seem like an attack on the club, and in a sense it is, I've watched them for a very long time, I've sponsored them, I've advertised in their programs, and there are others on here who have done far more than me, so i feel i have a right to a say on a forum, The team are well placed at the moment And i pray they keep it going, To win something could make a huge difference to the club( although It's not guaranteed ) but nothing else has worked, Not letters in the Examiner from Ken, not trips to Twickers and Wembley, Not getting into the playoffs, Not highly Paid players from the other side of the world, Of course the whole fiasco with Hodgson and N Brown didn't help but hopefully we are over that now, Onward and Upward.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 3:44 pm

For me there isn't much to choose between Grix & Eden,though must say been impressed with Eden's awareness when he joins the line,when to pass it wide or when to show and go.He didn't display this passing aspect of his game last year for us joining the line as a second five-eigth,and his assists for tries this time (without checking) must be right up there.

For us,it's about coaching from now on imo,not about players,this is the key to our season.

When we go wide,it is often a shambles as far as structure is concerned,HKR are far better,but on the other hand they are are soft as crap on edge defence or even closer to the ruck come to that.

It's not Grix's fault alone,but he should be encouraged to pass it out when he joins the line.yet the halves are panic bosuns when it comes to the shift,always taking the safe option of a show and go or hitting the front runner,rather than the pass to the sweep runner. Leroy & Wardle must be sick to death of not getting good quick ball from the halves or 2nd five-eigth cos they are scared to throw an intercept.

It's up to the coaches to get this sorted now.

We now rely too much on front runners ,Ferres & Chan to bust or offload out of the tackle to create danger on the flanks and tbh they are two of the best in the business,but you have to play some footy on the edges to win trophies imo.

Finally,welcome back BJ,nice to have someone who just wants to state an opinion not like the pain in the ass thought police who just want to close down all discussion because of their pathetic boo hoo my fave player is getting criticised,or should that be scapegoated.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 6:07 pm

Jools wrote:
Yes All clubs can spend the same on players- but I'm willing to bet wigan and Leeds spend a lot more as a club than we do. They have revenue that we don't and that money is spent on coaching and development and facilities etc etc- that clearly is going to make a difference to the quality of players whichever way you look at it.
I don't think it's a case of "can't be bothered" to bring on eden, we bothered to bring on wardle, leroy, jerry, Bruno, cording its about balancing the books and given our poor ticket sales I imagine something had to give. We haven't as far as I can see made a habit of letting our most talented youngsters go, as I say the jury is still out on whether we have made a mistake with eden- he had a good game against us and saints but has had some shockers too by the sounds
Ken spends over 1 million every year of his OWN money on this club to enable us to have a modicum of what the "big clubs" have. At the end of the day the books have to be balanced- if it means they have to get rid of a big earner such as brett or drew then so be it. Drew didnt really set wakey alight when he left did he- did de Vere rip it up in aus? Brett - yes he played very well at wire...... When he played, which is key as if a player of that calibre were missing from our squad for that length if time due to injury we would miss him more than wire did (see LOD).
We are trying to compete with the big boys on a lot less money- sacrifices have to be made one way or another. It's difficult to attract youngsters to giants when Leeds wire etc can offer a lot more in terms of training and facilities.
If eden is the only mistake we have made with youngsters since we returned to superleague then that'll do for me.

Spot on with this summary of the situation Jools,we are punching above our weight because of the apathy of the Huddersfield public towards RL,not been around long enough to know the true story,but it was obvious our code well and truly lost the fight to soccer in this town at some stage back in the day.

If you look at our crowds now they are mostly middle aged/elderly,we do not have the late teens early to mid 20 year olds watching us.

We should be very grateful for the great footy we are watching this year.Disappointing that too many wanted to say stuff season tickets after one bad season in 4 from NB.

Hoping a Koukash type will step into the breach when Sir Ken calls it a day,but always said whatever happens in the future thanks Sir Ken for the great memories.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 7:04 pm

defleppard wrote:
Jools wrote:

Spot on with this summary of the situation Jools,we are punching above our weight because of the apathy of the Huddersfield public towards RL,not been around long enough to know the true story,but it was obvious our code well and truly lost the fight to soccer in this town at some stage back in the day.

If you look at our crowds now they are mostly middle aged/elderly,we do not have the late teens early to mid 20 year olds watching us.

We should be very grateful for the great footy we are watching this year.Disappointing that too many wanted to say stuff season tickets after one bad season in 4 from NB.

Hoping a Koukash type will step into the breach when Sir Ken calls it a day,but always said whatever happens in the future thanks Sir Ken for the great memories.

Huddersfield has always unfortunately been primarily a soccer town DL, Although Fartown did get decent crowds in League terms, when they were rightly regarded as a class side, I can't go back as far as the team of all the talents so i don't know what the crowds were like in those days.
Without really looking into it i would say that the price to watch a game today will take a bigger slice of income than it did in the fifties and young people today have a huge choice of things to do compared with those days.
I myself didn't renew my season ticket because more of my family have taken up Golf and i intended to play Sundays, So far it has cost me more to pay on the gate and I'm not complaining about that , it was my choice, and that's really what it's all about, You have to sell something that people want to buy, and no amount of cajoling and coaxing will do any good, If they don't like what they see they wont turn up, It's a bit like me berating everyone on here for not playing Golf, Or PG giving people grief because they are not T Tennis fanatics, Myself i manage to fit in both sports as does PG, but if i was forced ,or ever am forced to chose one, there is no question that Golf would be the winner.
I also suspect a lot of fans are just sat back waiting for the last two seasons collapses to re-occur, if they have not invested in a season ticket they can just stop going, It's the horrible facts of the entertainment industry.
One other thing, I don't know any facts and figures ( maybe some-one does ) If the club has lost 20% of season passes, but charged roughly double the price, how does this equate to a huge loss of income.
As i said i have no figures, these are just things i have heard, they may be wildly off the mark, But some-one who may be well informed about club matters may have info.

Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 7:36 pm

BJ,I will never bag you as I can tell from your words over many years on here,you are just as passionate about Fartown as I am.In the end us passionates can turn on each other when the real problem is the apathetic arseholes of the rest of this sad town,who just want to watch soccer,a simple game for simple people.

People do have lives (not fricking soccer) away from watching RL,can't blame people for that,some want to make things happen in their lives,while others can only watch what happens,unfortunately with my body I can't be a prop for Fartown,as much as I would wish to be.

Sir Ken Davy should have let Huddersfield Town die,then we would have had no competition.

Sir Ken made a big mistake giving so called fans summat for nowt last year,now them losers just expect summat for nowt for ever more.

Nice discussing with you BJ - fricking whingeing thought police do my skull in,could name names but they are not worth the time it takes to tap out on this keyboard - RL fools,sums it all up without even thinking about it for longer than about 2 seconds.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 8:57 pm

defleppard wrote:
BJ,I will never bag you as I can tell from your words over many years on here,you are just as passionate about Fartown as I am.In the end us passionates can turn on each other when the real problem is the apathetic arseholes of the rest of this sad town,who just want to watch soccer,a simple game for simple people.

People do have lives (not fricking soccer) away from watching RL,can't blame people for that,some want to make things happen in their lives,while others can only watch what happens,unfortunately with my body I can't be a prop for Fartown,as much as I would wish to be.

Sir Ken Davy should have let Huddersfield Town die,then we would have had no competition.

Sir Ken made a big mistake giving so called fans summat for nowt last year,now them losers just expect summat for nowt for ever more.

Nice discussing with you BJ - fricking whingeing thought police do my skull in,could name names but they are not worth the time it takes to tap out on this keyboard - RL fools,sums it all up without even thinking about it for longer than about 2 seconds.

DL i have had some great times watching Fartown over the years , how many thousands of miles i have driven i just don't know, up to Worky and Whitehaven in the old Morris minor, before the Motorways were built, It used to be a whole day of a job, Always with the hope that sooner or later there would be another 1953 or 1962, still hoping.I've trailed all over the north to Watch Yorkshire and Lancashire games , as well as the touring Aussies, and there are others on here who have gone for longer and travelled further than i have as well mate, We have seen not only the best Fartowners to play but also some of the best players ever born, on both sides of the world, It brings a tear to the eye Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I know the game is all different now, but some of those players would still be giants today in the true sense of the word, some of them Fartowners, I know they are reckoned to be a lot faster today, in some respects they are, The forwards certainly, the backs i don't think so , I don't think i can remember a winger at Fartown in the last 40 years i would have backed against Ken senior, Kebbie perhaps. Devery Valentine, Sullivan, I'd go back to them days tomorrow mate winters and all.
Sports do move on and improve but class is always class. Boxing is a good example and something i used to be into ( i have debated this before with someone ) Clay when he was in his early twenties would have decimated today's fighters just as he did then, because he was pure class.
I watched a film of Jessie Owen recently, he was without doubt the finest runner technically i have ever seen, he would still be pure class today,
So you see if i never went to another match as long as i lived, me and more like me could never be called fair weather fans, I shall keep going, cause i won't be able to resist, I've loved the game since my early teens, but you can be sure i will state my opinion if i feel like it, i don't say everyone will agree with it but that fair enough ,that's what a forum is.

Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 4:35 pm

"but you can be sure i will state my opinion if i feel like it, i don't say everyone will agree with it but thats fair enough ,that's what a forum is"

^ Absolutely correct.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 11:28 pm

Grixy is a soft *cat*,that's my opinion,like that or not.

*Whilst I appreciate your views being posted on here mate, please tone the language down a little as kids do read this forum and the constant bagging of Grix fans is more likely to deter people from here rather than encourage people to post. The last thing I want is for it to get like RLFans used to be. Cheers Mark*
Back to top Go down
TerrierGiant
TerrierGiant

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2013-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 10:35 am

What have you got against Grix? Evil or Very MadEvil or Very MadEvil or Very Mad Sure he's prone to some mistakes and doesn't always make the right decision, but so what. He's always going to be judged playing in such a spotlighted position. How about instead of constantly slagging him off you get behind him and the rest of the team?!
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 6:28 pm

Lurkers offering nothing that only turn up to slag off those who offer an opinion, are the ones that should be banned from here.

There was one guy who boasted how 14 of his mates were packing up their season tickets after a bad end to last year,returned this time to castigate the loyal fans for not being 100% positive about one particular game of this current campaign.How was that for total rank hypocrisy.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 1:16 am

Grixy will be okay when he is playing for Swinton next year.LOL

Smurph will be our FB next year and deserves to be,he's underrated,but so much better than the likes of flash in the pan crowd pleasers such as Grix or Eden.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 5:19 pm

I wouldn't be  at all surprised about Grix and Murphy, depending whether we have signed Broughton or not. We will have to agree to disagree about Eden I think myself that crowd pleasers are exactly what we need,  I think he is destined to be a very good player.
The thing is that ,as far as i know we have never been out of the top three since the first day of the season,  and yet we can't  get 8,000 for  Leeds, Something needs  to change.
Incidentally does anyone know if Robbie H Paul was a success in his time at the Giants, Myself i saw or heard very little of him, I'm not saying he didn't do a good job, I  just don't know if he did or not.
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 7:27 pm

RHP did not increase gates, in fact he was in post and so involved when this years disasterous ST pricing policy was launched. RHP did not succeed in his marketing role at the Giants. Whether that was his fault or not I do not think we will ever know.

It does not appear to me that the top brass did much to try and retain him, if that is the case it seems to answer the question.

As for Grix, I don't really have any issue with him, he has some fine games and some poorer games. On Friday night I would have to say he was dreadful, yet the previos week against Leeds he was very accomplished. He is not as consistently good as the season he took over from Hodgson. I think his traumas under Nathan last season have affected his confidence, if he starts well he is good if he makes an early error he seems to overly dwell on things and makes multiple errors.

A consistent Scot Grix is a good SL full back, but looking forward if Baloo cannot solve Grix's confidence he will not be consistent and Baloo will have to replace him. Only PA can make that call.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 9:14 pm

Well we got told we needed to win a trophy to bring the crowds back and yet Grix is our weakest link.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Grixy lovers
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: Giants Forum-
Jump to: