Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grixy lovers

Go down 
+8
BO JANGLES
Ivor C&G Scarf
Jools
ponner
Durham Giant
matt01
shelleygiant
defleppard
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Grixy lovers Empty
PostSubject: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 10:34 pm

How happy were you when your god surrendered on the last tackle when he could have got it out,just happy to take the tackle and gift the ball back to the opposition.
Back to top Go down
shelleygiant
Ballboy
Ballboy
shelleygiant

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Grixy lovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 10:57 pm

Not as happy as you appear to be Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Grixy lovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 11:02 pm

Grixy at FB means we won't win a trophy because he can't pass the ball,well at least you will be happy because you just love him regardless.Fair enough.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Grixy lovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:52 am

I was surprised to see him get man of the match last night. Fair enough he didn't do much wrong, but I thought others stood out more. He did die with the ball on the last but hardly crime of the century, Leroy went for the line when a simple pass would have given Jerry a walk in and then Leroy got held up. Players make mistakes. You do see Grix talking to others a lot, especially when we are defending. He is great at backing up and not the worst at kicking, but he can't run the ball back very well and does have a habit of not letting the ball go at the right time. He is no Brett, but still one of the better full backs in the competition in my opinion. He's not got the passing skills of Brett or Lomax or the elusive running of Eden or Hardaker, but he does back up really well, doesn't have any damaging weaknesses and seems a good talker to others.
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Grixy lovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:46 am

defleppard wrote:
How happy were you when your god surrendered on the last tackle when he could have got it out,just happy to take the tackle and gift the ball back to the opposition.

One mistake and you want him crucified.

Leroy blew two chances to get jerry away and 3 times in the first half the team got into a mess on last tackle options.

Jerry failed to back Murphy up on a kick return

What about his defensive performance, what about him coming into the line to help set up Murphys try.

Your need to criticise Grix regardless of anything else suggests you have some ulterior motive for having a go at him.

Did your girlfriend dump you for him or something
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Grixy lovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 1:36 pm

defleppard wrote:
To be fair mate I thought Grix had a good game with a hand in a few of our tries and one of them was due to his quick thinking to get the pass out asap. Yes he got tackled on the 5th tackle but so did Robbo and someone else. He's had 1 bad game so far for me this year against Bradford but they all did and other than that he's been very safe at full back. He's as good as any full back in the league for backing up breaks and is more like another half back on the field rather than the dynamic full backs like Hardaker, Tomkins and Lomax. I wouldn't have given him MOM last night although he had a good game but Murphy had a blinder.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2011-06-16

Grixy lovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 2:54 pm

When grix was caught ball in hand it looked like some of the lads had counted wrong- ferres questioned the ref after hand over was called (it was the last and the ref had- briefly- signalled it) but if grix had got the call from a team mate ie ferres it was 4th then that's hardly crime of the century. Whoever selects MOM quite clearly does it because it winds you up!
There were worse mistakes made which cost us- eorls knock on an example- gifting them possesion in our half- but nobody would dream of calling eorl for it. Robbo (i think it was) missing the tackle that led to their try another. Last week he made two errors - the same as Patrick who was on the field for a third of the time and half as many as brett ferres who was touted for England. Not sure what he did to upset you but let it go....
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Grixy lovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 5:01 pm

Jools wrote:
When grix was caught ball in hand it looked like some of the lads had counted wrong- ferres questioned the ref after hand over was called (it was the last and the ref had- briefly- signalled it) but if grix had got the call from a team mate ie ferres it was 4th then that's hardly crime of the century. Whoever selects MOM quite clearly does it because it winds you up!
There were worse mistakes made which cost us- eorls knock on an example- gifting them possesion in our half- but nobody would dream of calling eorl for it. Robbo (i think it was) missing the tackle that led to their try another. Last week he made two errors - the same as Patrick who was on the field for a third of the time and half as many as brett ferres who was touted for England. Not sure what he did to upset you but let it go....

That's where you are wrong Jools,Eorl is one of my fave players,but if someone came on here and crticised an aspect of his play,that would be their opinion of which they were entitled,though I might not agree,and if I didn't I would say so.

What pi$$es me off more than anything are the bl**dy thought police who want to stifle any discussion because it's somehow just 'scapegoating' in their blinkered view.
Back to top Go down
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

Grixy lovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:18 pm

Fine- but if all you do is criticise the mistakes of one player and not others, and praise the good work of some but not one then it does come across as scapegoating even if that's not the intention.
Grix makes mistakes-maybe even as many as brett did when he won MOS- many of the mistakes are made under pressure, how many times has robbo dropped the ball this season? mistakes like that are just poor skills.
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Grixy lovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 2:50 pm

*Deleted by ponner as personal insults towards other members won't be tolerated on this forum. People are allowed to voice their opinions even if I don't necessarily agree with them*
Thanks, ponner
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Grixy lovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 7:13 pm

Jools wrote:
Fine- but if all you do is criticise the mistakes of one player and not others, and praise the good work of some but not one then it does come across as scapegoating even if that's not the intention.
Grix makes mistakes-maybe even as many as brett did when he won MOS- many of the mistakes are made under pressure, how many times has robbo dropped the ball this season? mistakes like that are just poor skills.

The hypocrisy is the disgrace though jools,after Salford,Robinson & Wardle became the scapegoats but no defence for them from the saddo grixy lovers condemning the scapegoating of other players.

Grixy got it out today,yet the grixy lovers are probably too thick to notice anyway.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Grixy lovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 8:12 am

defleppard wrote:
Jools wrote:

The hypocrisy is the disgrace though jools,after Salford,Robinson & Wardle became the scapegoats but no defence for them from the saddo grixy lovers condemning the scapegoating of other players.

Grixy got it out today,yet the grixy lovers are probably too thick to notice anyway.
He played well, although still dropped off a relatively easy tackle and didn't let the ball go when we had an overlap near the line. Still his support play was outstanding and he did get involved in a couple of clever moves.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Grixy lovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 2:34 pm

For mine matt,that was grixy's best performance as a full back,because he passed the ball out wide when he joined the line.Now this is the most important aspect of attack in the modern game.I'm not that fussed he dropped off a tackle,they all make mistakes.
Always said I liked grixy as a player,does most aspects very well,but if we are serious about winning trophies,imo a full back in the modern game has to be able to play second five eighth.

Could say not much pressure on SG yesterday,but great to see him getting the ball wide.Safety first coming back inside only plays into the hands of the top side.s
Back to top Go down
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

Grixy lovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 4:21 pm

I'm presuming there is a game plan that the players are asked to follow.....
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Grixy lovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 4:52 pm

Well I don't mind if the plan has been to play conservative in the early rounds,it's certainly worked for the most part,and the weather conditions have had much to do with that.

After the shambles of NB's final season,it would seem Paul Anderson has had to go back to basics,get the defence right again and move on from there.

It's just that when you watch the superb attacking football from Wigan already,it shows the level we have to try and match,if we are serious contenders for trophies or alternatively just content to be also rans yet again.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Grixy lovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 9:53 am

So now the dust has settled what is the general opinion of the Grix v Eden battle last Sunday?

Personally, although Grix had a decent game Eden edged it. His attacking was great and other than a missed tackle for one try and not going for one of the bombs was sound defensively. Grix did fine attacking, but not as good as Eden and made a couple of errors in defence just like Eden.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Grixy lovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 2:19 pm

Scot Grix is playing in his best position, it has been his best position at every club he has been at IMO, Also IMO he has reached his level and is unlikely to get any better, He will have his good days and bad days and very average days, ( like most players ) If he has a fault it is, he tries to hard and tries to do to much.
Greg Eden is the other side of the coin, he has the capability to go on and be a Bret Hodgson, yes he makes mistakes, just like Hodgson , but he is fast elusive, and backs up as well as anyone in the game , he is an exiting player to watch, exactly the type of player people turn up to watch, ( at least people like me anyway ) He may cost the odd game with a blunder but he won't be the only one to do that,
Eden is just the last in a long line of blunders, It's almost as though the Giants don't feel they have the right to have quality players like DeVere, Hodgson etc. K Davy ( a man who i have much admiration for ) amazes me at times, he continues to appeal to people to get behind the club, yet at the same time he allows the better talent to go and continues to bring in overrated players from down under, The last two didn't earn half a wage between them, and the latest one looks as though he may get fit in time to play in the play offs , should we get into them. So as far as i can see he has so far been paid to train and get himself fit, That's great work if you can get it.
That has nothing to do with Grix i know, but i have to agree with DL in some ways, Wigan for example wouldn't entertain either one, Grix because he wouldn't be good enough, and Tai they would tell him to come back for a trial when he had got himself fit.
The other thing i agree with DL about is, like him i don't think the Giants are really serious about being a so called top club, There is a lot more to it than just throwing money at over the hill Aussies, and hopeing ( usually invain ) that they will do there stuff. Watch some of the Wigan youngsters , they have so much pride in the shirt, and so much desire to win for their club and claim a starting place in the team, It shows and it is infectious, Does anyone think they would have let Tomkins go because he dropped a few balls in his first season, When the big games start and something is at stake we will see just as we always do , the cream will come to the top.
Iv'e seen most of the games this season ( despite not having a season ticket ) they are going ok , and although it may seem petty to be posting somewhat negative stuff about a side that is second in the league, It's not meant to be all negative, there are some good things as well, Lunt ,Brough Eorl, Koppy,Ferris (A player i wasn't impressed with at Cas ) all going well individually, as are some of the backs. Like always i talk to much, and i probably expect to much. I just feel i have as much right to win things as a Wigan Leeds or Warringtom fan has, I'm just not convinced the club feel the same way, I get the feeling they are more hoping to win something, rather than like Leeds say who expect or are determined to win something.
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

Grixy lovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 2:48 pm

I actually thought Grix was the better full back last week. Yes Eden is very good in attack and Rovers put a lot his way, so I agree that Eden was the better player going forward (though Grix did pretty well himself).

Neither is a particularly strong one on one defender but Grix organises the defence well, Eden scarcely organises the defence at all. Grix is also much better positionally.

So Eden better going forward though Grix was decent there. Grix much the better organising and positionally, I just thought there was a bigger difference in what Scott Grix was better at.

I suppose the real question is do we need the greater consistency of Grix or the occaissional brilliance of Eden, to be honest I am still not sure of the answer.
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
sparky

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Grixy lovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 3:55 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
Scot Grix is playing in his best position, it has been his best position at every club he has been at IMO, Also IMO he has reached his level and is unlikely to get any better, He will have his good days and bad days and very average days, ( like most players ) If he has a fault it is, he tries to hard and tries to do to much.
Greg Eden is the other side of the coin, he has the capability to go on and be a Bret Hodgson, yes he makes mistakes, just like Hodgson , but he is fast elusive, and backs up as well as anyone in the game , he is an exiting player to watch, exactly the type of player people turn up to watch, ( at least people like me anyway ) He may cost the odd game with a blunder but he won't be the only one to do that,
Eden is just the last in a long line of blunders, It's almost as though the Giants don't feel they have the right to have quality players like DeVere, Hodgson etc. K Davy ( a man who i have much admiration for ) amazes me at times, he continues to appeal to people to get behind the club, yet at the same time he allows the better talent to go and continues to bring in overrated players from down under, The last two didn't earn half a wage between them, and the latest one looks as though he may get fit in time to play in the play offs , should we get into them. So as far as i can see he has so far been paid to train and get himself fit, That's great work if you can get it.
That has nothing to do with Grix i know, but i have to agree with DL in some ways, Wigan for example wouldn't entertain either one, Grix because he wouldn't be good enough, and Tai they would tell him to come back for a trial when he had got himself fit.
The other thing i agree with DL about is, like him i don't think the Giants are really serious about being a so called top club, There is a lot more to it than just throwing money at over the hill Aussies, and hopeing ( usually invain ) that they will do there stuff. Watch some of the Wigan youngsters , they have so much pride in the shirt, and so much desire to win for their club and claim a starting place in the team, It shows and it is infectious, Does anyone think they would have let Tomkins go because he dropped a few balls in his first season, When the big games start and something is at stake we will see just as we always do , the cream will come to the top.
Iv'e seen most of the games this season ( despite not having a season ticket ) they are going ok , and although it may seem petty to be posting somewhat negative stuff about a side that is second in the league, It's not meant to be all negative, there are some good things as well, Lunt ,Brough Eorl, Koppy,Ferris (A player i wasn't impressed with at Cas ) all going well individually, as are some of the backs. Like always i talk to much, and i probably expect to much. I just feel i have as much right to win things as a Wigan Leeds or Warringtom fan has, I'm just not convinced the club feel the same way, I get the feeling they are more hoping to win something, rather than like Leeds say who expect or are determined to win something.

Agree with all of this. Good post.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Grixy lovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 4:41 pm

HKR v SAINTS. The Greg Eden show, I rest my case. All that lad needs is game time at one of the big clubs, Which is where he will end up.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Grixy lovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 6:38 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
HKR v SAINTS. The Greg Eden show, I rest my case. All that lad needs is game time at one of the big clubs, Which is where he will end up.
We certainly shot ourselves in the foot letting the lad leave for nothing. Especially as he was on a long contract too.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Grixy lovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 9:31 pm

Noticed that on the other forum,the one that it is very evident that less and less people are posting on,those who cried it was just scapegoating of Grix,boo hoo,now have suddenly realised themselves that he won't pass it out when he joins the line,rather he takes the safe option of coming back inside runs across the line and just disappears up his own bumhole.

Eden was anonymous for HKR at ours,don't care if he got on the end of the final passes for them tries.

Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Grixy lovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:32 pm

matt01 wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:
We certainly shot ourselves in the foot letting the lad leave for nothing. Especially as he was on a long contract too.

Shot ourselves in the foot for letting him leave at all Matt, But it's nothing new is it, we just keep on doing it. Somebody keeps on getting it wrong and no-one does anything about it.

Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Grixy lovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 9:57 am

I wouldn't call letting him go to Hull KR in exchange for £100K 'nothing' but he did have a good game yesterday and as we have a clause in the contract that we have first refusal when his 2 year contract is up, we could still see him in a Giants shirt when he's better under high balls and cuts out the schoolboy errors. I'll admit he's better with ball in hand than Grix but no way safer at the back under high balls and Grix has a lot of say in organizing the defensive line during play.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Grixy lovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 11:15 am

I must have missed the 100k in the reports. The first refusal is not worth the ink. We can't make Eden come back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grixy lovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grixy lovers   Grixy lovers Empty

Back to top Go down

Grixy lovers
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: Giants Forum-
Jump to: