Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Absolute Poop

Go down 
+7
penninegiant
sparky
matt01
ponner
Old School
dannablue
Giantdee
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

Absolute Poop Empty
PostSubject: Absolute Poop   Absolute Poop EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 3:52 pm

I do not want to hear any garbage from the club about peaking at the right time and knowing what we have to put right, that was Bradford 2011, not a very good team at all and they spanked us. Giants have loads of talent, the club need to face whatever the issue is and sort it. Quite simply we have been dire for weeks, looks like we may miss top 4 and season could be over next week - seems to me something is quite wrong.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Absolute Poop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Poop   Absolute Poop EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 4:06 pm

Dont know what the reason is but it needs sorting. We are at the business end of the season. The players went into a dip when Nathan's future was up in the air again (or so it was rumoured) but he is staying so thats not it. Not convinced all is well in the camp - have they get into the mind set that they have done enough at the start of the season to get into the play offs so have all decided to chill a bit...

Very disappointed with the team as a whole at the moment. They always seem to press the self destruct button at the crucial times. They cannot raise their game for the so called "big games" and cannot be bothered against those teams below us in the table now!

So much for the big "home coming" in a couple of weeks..
Back to top Go down
Old School
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Absolute Poop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Poop   Absolute Poop EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 6:19 pm

All is not well.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Absolute Poop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Poop   Absolute Poop EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 6:24 pm

Old School wrote:
All is not well.
Ya don't say!!! Shaw Cross would have beaten us today. Our forwards are running like fairies and our backs are like headless chickens.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Absolute Poop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Poop   Absolute Poop EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 6:41 pm

Old School wrote:
All is not well.
care to elaborate?
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
sparky

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Absolute Poop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Poop   Absolute Poop EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 6:42 pm

Worst performance of the season. Pathetic. Harsh truths need to be faced now. Looks like we will probably be out of the Cup this time next week too.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Absolute Poop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Poop   Absolute Poop EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 8:35 pm

as the song went

"They wouldnt (or didnt want ) to believe me
They`d never believe me .....................""
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Absolute Poop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Poop   Absolute Poop EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 10:41 am

Shocking performance and should be ashamed to pull on the C&G.

Maybe they ought to visit the RL hall of fame and have a look at "The Team of all Talents" who were paid next to nothing but the pride in pulling that C&G jersey on meant they won all 4 cups 1 year, why because they had pride.

Show them the tape of the Wigan game where we won 9-7 and ended up with 11 men and watch Tony Johnson that day, he was assulted everytime he had the ball but he never gave up he ran stronger and harder everytime he got it, why because he had pride.

That performance at Bradford was the worse I have seen from a Huddersfield side for years and I include the Barracuda days in that cos at least then they were not expected to win owt and turned up to some games with just 13 men but they were proud to play for Fartown!!!

I watched a game at Carlisle where a certain loose forward by the name of Simon Kenworthy played 60 minutes with a bust arm as we had no subs, we lost 40-1 that day, does anyone honestly think any of that lot on Sunday would put their bodies on the line for the C&G in such a way? me neither because they had no pride.

I am not going over the top here but fans paid to go to watch that in petrol money, cost to get in and other expenses while in the ground, same goes for Wakey, Cas, Wigan, Wire, Catalans, Crusaders, need I go on.

If there are problems get them sorted yesterday or we will be losing fans rather than gaining them, imo the buck stops with NB and he needs to prove why we were so desperate to keep him and build a team who are proud to play in C&G if not sod off whoever you are cos your not worthy.

That showing yesterday was an embaressment and the team had no desire, energy, aggression, fire or will to win, as for pride need I say more.

RL is not a game where you can turn form on and off and next week we will be in for a shock, heaven help us if it is raining!!!!! Season could be over come 6pm next Sunday, if nothing else show some pride in these famous colours you are wearing cos there are thousands who would have given their right arm to pull em on and run out at Fartown, Leeds Road, The Galpharm in fact any RL ground in the world!!!!!

Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Absolute Poop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Poop   Absolute Poop EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 2:58 pm

FLYINGPROP wrote:
Shocking performance and should be ashamed to pull on the C&G.

Maybe they ought to visit the RL hall of fame and have a look at "The Team of all Talents" who were paid next to nothing but the pride in pulling that C&G jersey on meant they won all 4 cups 1 year, why because they had pride.

Show them the tape of the Wigan game where we won 9-7 and ended up with 11 men and watch Tony Johnson that day, he was assulted everytime he had the ball but he never gave up he ran stronger and harder everytime he got it, why because he had pride.

That performance at Bradford was the worse I have seen from a Huddersfield side for years and I include the Barracuda days in that cos at least then they were not expected to win owt and turned up to some games with just 13 men but they were proud to play for Fartown!!!

I watched a game at Carlisle where a certain loose forward by the name of Simon Kenworthy played 60 minutes with a bust arm as we had no subs, we lost 40-1 that day, does anyone honestly think any of that lot on Sunday would put their bodies on the line for the C&G in such a way? me neither because they had no pride.

I am not going over the top here but fans paid to go to watch that in petrol money, cost to get in and other expenses while in the ground, same goes for Wakey, Cas, Wigan, Wire, Catalans, Crusaders, need I go on.

If there are problems get them sorted yesterday or we will be losing fans rather than gaining them, imo the buck stops with NB and he needs to prove why we were so desperate to keep him and build a team who are proud to play in C&G if not sod off whoever you are cos your not worthy.

That showing yesterday was an embaressment and the team had no desire, energy, aggression, fire or will to win, as for pride need I say more.

RL is not a game where you can turn form on and off and next week we will be in for a shock, heaven help us if it is raining!!!!! Season could be over come 6pm next Sunday, if nothing else show some pride in these famous colours you are wearing cos there are thousands who would have given their right arm to pull em on and run out at Fartown, Leeds Road, The Galpharm in fact any RL ground in the world!!!!!

Couldn't agree more mate, I was Ashamed, Embarrassed and bl**dy wet through to boot, And all the J Sharpe type crap that N Brown is spouting in the Examiner cuts no Mustard with me, There's nothing he can say that i haven't hear a hundred times before, and none of it will change the absolute sh*te we saw yesterday. We must surely have reached bottom now, I know we have been bumping along close to it for some time now, Getting a lesson from Warrington is bad enough but to get that kind of a mauling from a team like Bradford and to play in the manner we did , is surely enough for even the most Die hard fans to realize something is seriously amiss. What a time to start to turn on this kind of stuff, Challenge Cup next week, Homecoming week after and playoffs round the corner,
Anyway enough is enough for anyone, I shall go to the Homecoming " for the grandsons sake " and that will be it till the Leeds game, I will content myself with whats on TV, From yesterdays game They aught to be made to watch it over and over to see what Lynch ,whitehead and Burgess were doing to them, Brough was kicking them back into their own 22 and they were running it back with consummate ease, At our end of the field half the attempts to clear our line were from Hodgson ( as usual ) Grix and McGilvray, We have a sett of forwards who don't know what aggression and line speed are about, and that has to be down to N Brown

I have never seen a team so inept at catching and holding a ball as yesterday, Yes it was wet but it's noticeable Bradford seemed to manage fairly well, and how would they go on if we still played in Winter, " Flyingprop " I think i was at the game you referred to at Carlyle ( what a ground that was ) and also there was a photo in one of the (when push come to shove books) of Fartown in the dressing room after what may have been the Wigan game, The Photo was entitled " nothing left to give " The Photo and the title said it all.

We can just choose not to go ( and believe me plenty will after that ) It would be much harder for K Davy to do so , the man must surely wonder sometimes what he has to do , he must think at this moment ,he is back to square one, I know if it was me I would be down the road, I certainly wouldn't blame him if he did, Mrs Davy must be one heck of a League fan.
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
sparky

Absolute Poop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Poop   Absolute Poop EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 3:22 pm

Totally agree with prop & bo....it was a complete disgrace. Every single Bulls try was stoppable with committed defence. It's just inexcusable in my book for a professional team to behave that way. I'm 43 now and I can honestly say with a straight face that I could make some of those tackles. No kidding. that's how weak we were in defence.

I just don't get it at all...what on earth is going on??

P.S. Prop I watched that Wigan match the other day when TJ kept getting battered...and he still made a try assist after all that punishment. It's all about attitude & pride.
Back to top Go down
Old School
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Absolute Poop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Poop   Absolute Poop EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 7:29 pm

So much negativity,deary deary me.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Absolute Poop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Poop   Absolute Poop EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 8:04 pm

Old School wrote:
Did you go? I did, that's why I'm having negative thoughts lately.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Absolute Poop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Poop   Absolute Poop EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 9:18 pm

Old School wrote:

Mate are you sniffing something or what, If you went to the game, then by all means enlighten us all on a single thing you can base one positive thought on.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Absolute Poop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Poop   Absolute Poop EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 10:11 pm

Old School wrote:

Then by all means balance it with a gem pf positivity !! (or is that a secret !!!)

Id love to go to bed and sleep peacefully!!! Wink -- so type away OS --I`m waiting!!! pray
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Absolute Poop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Poop   Absolute Poop EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:58 am

For the past few weeks now, every player that is on Twitter has been stating "we owe the fans a performance".

Here's a thought.... PULL YOUR FINGERS OUT AND EARN YOUR WAGES! I don't know whats going on but we are going to slip down the table if it continues.

We are looking like an amatuer side at the moment, a joke to pay money to watch for those who take the time and effort to travel to games.
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
sparky

Absolute Poop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Poop   Absolute Poop EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:12 am

Well said MG...totally agree. The players need to realize that talk is cheap. I can take it when we lose as long as the team has given their all, tried their very best and look proud to wear the mighty claret & gold. As a fan I don't think that's too much to ask.

Like I said, losses I can live with. A team that looks and plays like a pub side with a belly full of ale and a couldn't care less demeanour really upsets me, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Absolute Poop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Poop   Absolute Poop EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:35 am

No -you can tell on here that you arent !!
Back to top Go down
Old School
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Absolute Poop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Poop   Absolute Poop EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:39 pm

Deary Deary me.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Absolute Poop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Poop   Absolute Poop EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 7:51 am

Yep --but we still have hope OS!!--so dont lose TOO much sleep !

Maybe a small pearl of wisdom, some inside info or a genuine appraisal of the current malaise would sooth our troubled minds eh? ! Wink

Or perhaps youre happier with one liners and not much else Smile
Back to top Go down
Old School
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Absolute Poop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Poop   Absolute Poop EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 7:22 pm

Bont wory i wont,because unlike a lot of people that post on here i am a positive person.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Absolute Poop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Poop   Absolute Poop EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 8:17 pm

Me and Bo used to and had good reason to be !

If you think recent performances have been OK - I think a "dreamer" or "unrealistic" is more appropriate !!

But keep the faith like we`ve been told!! Wink
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Absolute Poop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Poop   Absolute Poop EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:31 pm

Heard it all now,the supporters are too negative on message boards,so therefore the players can't perform upon the field anymore.Unbelievable. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Absolute Poop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Poop   Absolute Poop EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:06 pm

Old School wrote:
Bont wory i wont,because unlike a lot of people that post on here i am a positive person.

J Sharpe was the most positive person in league, It's just that like you a lot of what he said only made sense to himself.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Absolute Poop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Poop   Absolute Poop EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 9:50 am

Lolling at Bo. Quite frightening Bo but you speak a lot of sense mate Wink Smile
Back to top Go down
Old School
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Absolute Poop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Poop   Absolute Poop EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 6:53 pm

Bo trust me kid i know what am talking about unlike a lot on here, tee shirt seen it and all that. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Absolute Poop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Absolute Poop   Absolute Poop Empty

Back to top Go down

Absolute Poop
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: Giants Forum-
Jump to: