Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Match Analysis - Wolves

Go down 
+2
reidy
JudgeB
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Match Analysis - Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Match Analysis - Wolves   Match Analysis - Wolves EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 7:03 pm

Ill do this in 2 halves.

First half

We played well. In all i think we were a good side, but Warringtons lack of cohesion and errors made us look a very good side. We passed the ball out and really made the most of every opportunity. Something rarely present of recent times was that desire to win. According to Sky TV we lose most of our games in the opening 20 minutes. It was very clear what the advice was today and that was to play for the first 20 as if their lives depended on it and it worked. I believe we were forcing errors and utilising them in ways that only a handful of teams do. Warrington were flat and it was from our strong forwards, strong defence and desire to win. Warrington were being bullied out of the game in the first half.

Second Half

Wire scored within the first few minutes and that put us on the back foot. Both our tries were rightly disallowed. Warrington turned the pressure up a notch and were not making the same errors they were previously. They stepped up to the plate and we met them. But why Thorman kicked to Penny when Riley was in great discomfort only he will know. I dont believe Robbo expected the ball for the drop goal (why would Thorman have been stood deep too?) Nonetheless it looked like the lads dug deep but ultimately were bet by a better side - that was reflected in out score count of zero in the second half.

Cudjoe got a very deserved MOM, Thorman showed he is where he belongs, Hudson showed how much he'll be missed, great to have Hodgson back. All the forwards were excellent in fact the whole team were great. Slightly disappointing with a loss but great to see us playing again.
Back to top Go down
JudgeB
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
JudgeB

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Match Analysis - Wolves   Match Analysis - Wolves EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 7:43 pm

Why spurn 2 kicks at goal in what was going to be a tight match? Those 4 points may have been enough!

Without having seen any video properly I can't judge whether either try of ours should have been allowed BUT for Wires 2 tries there appeared to be blatent knock on's in the lead ups which I feel Silverwood should have refrred to the VR.

We panic too often when within 10 - 15 yards of the try line, giving the ball away with silly errors and we are too predictable going forward.

At least tonight I felt all the team gave 100% but we still came up short.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Match Analysis - Wolves   Match Analysis - Wolves EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 10:01 pm

Thorman wanted to go for 2 points at the penalty, but the bench told him not to. That would have won us that match.
We had a stunning 1st half and the 2nd half had a few errors, but we were not helped by the refereeing. Twice, Silverwood should have stopped time and didn't.
Neither of the 2 disallowed tries, should have been. Browns try was not a 2 man tackle/steal.
The other was judged to have not been on the line.
Complete and total crap refereeing. On the ground and square in the air.
Ultimately though, this loss is down to the bench. End of rant.

1. Andy Raleigh (Not for the obvious reason, but he ran like a racehorse).
2. Cudjoe (The best game he has had to date)
3. Danny Kirmond (Played brilliant off the bench)
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Match Analysis - Wolves   Match Analysis - Wolves EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 11:12 pm

In my opinion we threw it away, we should have and could have won, but for some silly decisions and a slip in concentration at crucial times.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Match Analysis - Wolves   Match Analysis - Wolves EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 11:20 pm

matt01 wrote:
In my opinion we threw it away, we should have and could have won, but for some silly decisions and a slip in concentration at crucial times.

Why would'nt they let CT take the 2 and gain advantage? He was furious.
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617

PostSubject: Re: Match Analysis - Wolves   Match Analysis - Wolves EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 11:41 pm

reidy@work wrote:
matt01 wrote:

if you mean the one in second half at the scrum,you can not take a penalty from a scrum infringment. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Match Analysis - Wolves   Match Analysis - Wolves EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 11:45 pm

bostock wrote:
reidy@work wrote:
matt01 wrote:

if you mean the one in second half at the scrum,you can not take a penalty from a scrum infringment. Crying or Very sad

Nah, not that. We had a penalty for interferance. CT looked at the bench with 2 fingers and they said NO. Foolish imho.
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617

PostSubject: Re: Match Analysis - Wolves   Match Analysis - Wolves EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 11:47 pm

reidy@work wrote:
bostock wrote:
reidy@work wrote:
matt01 wrote:

Nah, not that. We had a penalty for interferance. CT looked at the bench with 2 fingers and they said NO. Foolish imho.
to true Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Match Analysis - Wolves   Match Analysis - Wolves EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 11:55 pm

Bedtime for me fella. Nighty night..... Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Match Analysis - Wolves   Match Analysis - Wolves EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 6:55 am

reidy@work wrote:
Thorman wanted to go for 2 points at the penalty, but the bench told him not to. That would have won us that match.
We had a stunning 1st half and the 2nd half had a few errors, but we were not helped by the refereeing. Twice, Silverwood should have stopped time and didn't.
Neither of the 2 disallowed tries, should have been. Browns try was not a 2 man tackle/steal.

Reidy i disagree mate. There was nothing wrong with reffing. Brown had his try dissallowed because he knocked it on which he did. He clearly dropped the ball when he put it down. The he knocked it on again whereby it hit his arm and went forward.
Honestly mate both tries were rightly dissallowed.

The only thing i think the ref did wrong was not to penalise Briers for the blatant time wasting around the 78th minute.
Back to top Go down
Mandy Giants Fan
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Mandy Giants Fan

Number of posts : 838
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Match Analysis - Wolves   Match Analysis - Wolves EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 6:58 am

Sturl wrote:
reidy@work wrote:

Reidy i disagree mate. There was nothing wrong with reffing. Brown had his try dissallowed because he knocked it on which he did. He clearly dropped the ball when he put it down. The he knocked it on again whereby it hit his arm and went forward.
Honestly mate both tries were rightly dissallowed.

The only thing i think the ref did wrong was not to penalise Briers for the blatant time wasting around the 78th minute.

I agree stu, but briers likes to be centre of attention as we know Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Match Analysis - Wolves   Match Analysis - Wolves EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 7:00 am

Very true!

I couldnt believe that at one point it took him about 15 seconds to get up and play the ball. Holding down is 3-5 seconds yet Briers takes 3 times that in messing about and its not just this game. He does it every single game where Wolves are up and it bugs me.
Back to top Go down
Mandy Giants Fan
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Mandy Giants Fan

Number of posts : 838
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Match Analysis - Wolves   Match Analysis - Wolves EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 7:02 am

That is briers all over though
Back to top Go down
Mad Lockwood Giant
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Match Analysis - Wolves   Match Analysis - Wolves EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 10:44 am

That second -half performance cost us - albeit we had 2 tries disallowed by video ref Klein. We played too much one out stuff in teh second-half. The expansive game went to pot. All credit to Warrington for snuffing us out - but tehy were lucky to win. They didn't win it - we lost it! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Match Analysis - Wolves   Match Analysis - Wolves Empty

Back to top Go down

Match Analysis - Wolves
Page 1 of 1