Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where will we finish?

Go down 
+3
giantsfan
Jools
matt01
7 posters
AuthorMessage
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Where will we finish? Empty
PostSubject: Where will we finish?   Where will we finish? EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:26 am

Looking at our run in we have a lot of tough fixtures to come. This should prepare us well for the play-offs, but will it mean we slip down the ladder, especially as we will probably slip up against one of the 'weaker' teams.

Remaining fixtures are:
Wigan v Huddersfield
Huddersfield v Crusaders
Warrington v Huddersfield
Bradford v Huddersfield
Quarter Final Castleford v Huddersfield
Huddersfield v Hull K R
St Helens v Huddersfield
Salford v Huddersfield
Huddersfield v Harlequins RL
Huddersfield v Leeds
Back to top Go down
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2011-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Where will we finish?   Where will we finish? EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:35 am

Should definitely finish In the top 4 and possibly 2nd or third, saints away a must win for top 3 and if we can beat wire and wigan away then should be top 2. we have some tough away fixtures but our home games look winnable- all our slip ups have been away from home. Still think losing against the two bottom sides will come back to haunt us, and could be the reason we miss out on winning the hubcap.
Back to top Go down
giantsfan
Ballboy
Ballboy
giantsfan

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Where will we finish?   Where will we finish? EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:55 am

I think we will finish is the top 2 or at least top 4 the only think the giants are missing at the min is Dannys kicking game.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: Where will we finish?   Where will we finish? EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:34 am

We are going to have to play Wire, Wigan and Bradford away without King Danny. When does LOD return? I would like to think we can finish top and get the hubcap, next week is a very important game if we are going to achieve that.
Back to top Go down
Jools
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Jools

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2011-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Where will we finish?   Where will we finish? EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 11:35 am

LOD possible for wigan definite for crusaders from what I've heard. Personally would not like to risk him next week - we rushed doof back and it made things worse. Miss wigan, play 40 against crusaders then a full game aginst wire for me - line him up to hit briers and hodgson a few times!!!!
Back to top Go down
DobbyMufc
DobbyMufc

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2011-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Where will we finish?   Where will we finish? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 3:42 pm

I think we will finish around the top 3 but with Danny Brough out well ... Grix did some good kicking against Catalan .
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Where will we finish?   Where will we finish? EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:56 pm

I think It's fair to say that Brough has become the linchpin for the Giants, not just because of his kicking game but it seems to me that Brown plays better when Brough is on the field, We did well against a tough Catalan side without him but it must be a lot easier for the forwards to control the game if the opposing forwards are having to drive out of their own 22 all the game, Also when our pack is starting from around the half way it gives Brown a chance to play, Robbo gives it his best wherever he plays, but ideally him and Lunt alternating at hooker with Brough at SH is what works best. Hopefully Brough will be back in good time to find his feet ready for the playoff's.

For me we can expect to win 5 games, and be in with a good shout at the rest, I think how we perform tomorrow will be a good indication of how we will get on, If Wigan play like they did against Saints, That and the Wolves game will be the really tough ones, Wins at Saints are rare also , but we have a good record at Wigan, and a good recent record against Wolves, so who knows we are not regarded as easy for any side now.
Back to top Go down
cabrita
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Where will we finish?   Where will we finish? EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 12:30 am

I think we'll be top three. Never write them off of course, but after losing today Saints and Leeds are 3 and 5 points behind us respectively, each having played a game more, and we have a much better points difference than either. (205 vs 117 and 51.) If either loses to us in the remaining game we have with them then there is very little chance of being overtaken by either. I don't expect to be overtaken by Leeds anyway, nor Catalans. Castleford too far off really, and the rest nowhere.

But if, as Jools suggested, we beat Wigan or Wire away from home, then there is no reason at all why we shouldn't be #1.
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Where will we finish?   Where will we finish? EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 7:13 pm

Thought 3rd or 4th before today, but not sure anymore. Must win next week.
Back to top Go down
cabrita
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2010-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Where will we finish?   Where will we finish? EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 7:32 pm

Disappointing result today, but I still think we will finish in the top three. I think today's loss is more of a lost opportunity than a real set back. An opportunity missed to open up a wider gap between us and St Helens or Leeds. But really we didn't lose any ground to them, they also lost this weekend.

Looking through the list of remaining fixtures that matt01posted, there is only one really difficult one left, and that is Warrington away. The rest are all winnable, even St Helens away, they are not playing all that well at the moment either. That doesn't mean that we will win them all, but we ought to win most of them, and it will take two losses for St Helens to take third away from us, and then only if they win all their remaining matches. Win the matches we should win and we'll be third at the end of the season.

We all know that there could be a bad slip up somewhere along the line, but please don't let it be against Hull KR. I'm going to be back home in England for a couple of weeks, and that will be the only game I see live all season. pray

Keep the faith. Where will we finish? 21033
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: Where will we finish?   Where will we finish? EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 9:14 pm

I think it looks more like 3rd than 1st at the moment, even if we do win most of our remaining games I can't see Wire and Wigan both slipping up too often.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where will we finish?   Where will we finish? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where will we finish?
Page 1 of 1