Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you want to finish 3rd or 4th?

Go down 
+3
matt01
wheatley92
ponner
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Do you want to finish 3rd or 4th? Empty
PostSubject: Do you want to finish 3rd or 4th?   Do you want to finish 3rd or 4th? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 8:14 pm

It's looking pretty certain that if we finish 3rd it'll be a trip to Saints in the play offs. If we finish 4th it'll be a trip to Leeds. Which would you prefer?
HKR won't have it their own way at Wakey on Sunday so if we beat Wigan and Wakey beat HKR then we finish 3rd.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
wheatley92
Ballboy
Ballboy
wheatley92

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to finish 3rd or 4th?   Do you want to finish 3rd or 4th? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 8:17 pm

i think a trip to saints, would be better for us,
if a young squad could put up a GOOD fight agains saints i dont see why we cant beat them with the same or different squad,
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to finish 3rd or 4th?   Do you want to finish 3rd or 4th? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 8:23 pm

Not bothered, if we are going to win the Grand Final then we can't worry about avoiding either of them.
Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to finish 3rd or 4th?   Do you want to finish 3rd or 4th? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 8:30 pm

The Whinos are the only team we have not beaten this season, and its a short trip,
bring them on
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to finish 3rd or 4th?   Do you want to finish 3rd or 4th? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 8:34 pm

As it stands at round 26 the top 7 teams will be in the play offs. Catalans are in 8th but play St.Helens next week where as Bulls go to Hull FC so i'm assuming Bulls will sneak in to 8th place. The first round of play offs would look like this if placing don't change. I think if we are going to lose in Week 1 then IMO finishing 3rd would give us an easier game the following week against either Wakey or Castleford.

WEEK 1
Qualifying Play Off 1
Rhinos V Giants

Qualifying Play Off 2
St.Helens V Hull KR

Elimination Play Off 1
Wigan V Bradford

Elimination Play Off 2
Wakefield v Castleford

WEEK 2
Preliminary Semi Final 1
QPO 1 Loser
V
EPO 1 Winner

Preliminary Semi Final 2
QPO 2 Loser
V
EPO 2 Winner
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to finish 3rd or 4th?   Do you want to finish 3rd or 4th? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 8:45 pm

I'm not fussed tbh.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to finish 3rd or 4th?   Do you want to finish 3rd or 4th? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 9:38 pm

with the present standard of supreme refereeing excellence extraordinaire --I`ll be happy to finish anywhere!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

its bloody garbage - it`ll take some changing - and the current supremo couldnt change the bath towels !! Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to finish 3rd or 4th?   Do you want to finish 3rd or 4th? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 10:28 pm

ponner wrote:
As it stands at round 26 the top 7 teams will be in the play offs. Catalans are in 8th but play St.Helens next week where as Bulls go to Hull FC so i'm assuming Bulls will sneak in to 8th place. The first round of play offs would look like this if placing don't change. I think if we are going to lose in Week 1 then IMO finishing 3rd would give us an easier game the following week against either Wakey or Castleford.

WEEK 1
Qualifying Play Off 1
Rhinos V Giants

Qualifying Play Off 2
St.Helens V Hull KR

Elimination Play Off 1
Wigan V Bradford

Elimination Play Off 2
Wakefield v Castleford

WEEK 2
Preliminary Semi Final 1
QPO 1 Loser
V
EPO 1 Winner

Preliminary Semi Final 2
QPO 2 Loser
V
EPO 2 Winner

To be honest i woul;d rather avoid Cas cos feel they have been one of the best teams we have played this season and all the games against them have been a real struggle and very close
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to finish 3rd or 4th?   Do you want to finish 3rd or 4th? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you want to finish 3rd or 4th?
Page 1 of 1