Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Batley game

Go down 
+7
reidy
Meltham Giant
Gem Bob
matt01
BO JANGLES
giantsfan
ponner
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Batley game Empty
PostSubject: Batley game   Batley game EmptyWed May 04, 2011 11:13 am

Who's going? How many fans will we take? Who should be rested if any? Score predictions for the brave ones amongst us and All other Batley chat.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
giantsfan
Ballboy
Ballboy
giantsfan

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-03-01

Batley game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batley game   Batley game EmptyWed May 04, 2011 1:37 pm

i think we should rest cudjoe robinson brough grix and brown we should keepour key players for saints the week after. giants 36 batley 10
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Batley game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batley game   Batley game EmptyWed May 04, 2011 3:59 pm

Play the strongest squad we have for me, I have vivid memories of Hunslet and Doncaster ( don't know if that was the cup ). We need to get back up to speed, and to take anyone lightly is fraught with danger. We have some tough fixtures coming up. and we need to win our share of them, So for me play our strongest team and don't make changes till they lose or we have to , If they can't play 33 or 34 games a season, then they shouldn't be with us.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Batley game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batley game   Batley game EmptyWed May 04, 2011 5:30 pm

I think a few will be rested. Apparently some have been given a few days off this week, so I guess they will only play if absolutely necessary. Personally I would rest a few with bumps and bruises. It's not like the first 17 have been firing on all cylinders at the moment so the fringe players deserve their chance to prove they should get a go against Saints.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Batley game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batley game   Batley game EmptyWed May 04, 2011 5:34 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
Play the strongest squad we have for me, I have vivid memories of Hunslet and Doncaster ( don't know if that was the cup ). We need to get back up to speed, and to take anyone lightly is fraught with danger. We have some tough fixtures coming up. and we need to win our share of them, So for me play our strongest team and don't make changes till they lose or we have to , If they can't play 33 or 34 games a season, then they shouldn't be with us.

Agree 100% with that mate.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Batley game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batley game   Batley game EmptyWed May 04, 2011 10:07 pm

matt01 wrote:
I think a few will be rested. Apparently some have been given a few days off this week, so I guess they will only play if absolutely necessary. Personally I would rest a few with bumps and bruises. It's not like the first 17 have been firing on all cylinders at the moment so the fringe players deserve their chance to prove they should get a go against Saints.

I know what you mean Matt, but if some of the youngsters get a shot and play really well will they get a chance against Saints, or will they be dropped to make way for the big names.

I really hope all this squad rotation thing pays off at the buisness end of the season, Granted It's done well up to the last few weeks and that may not be the reason for the poor form at the moment anyway, But It's not a policy i am easy with.
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Batley game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batley game   Batley game EmptyThu May 05, 2011 12:48 am

matt01 wrote:

Well Bruno mentioned he was going to Ireland for 3 days and Lunt mentioned coming back with a tan from Lanzarote...... Maybe 2 there that are rested Neutral
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Batley game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batley game   Batley game EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:18 am

Description of the ground: Renowned for its famous slope, Mount Pleasant is a favourite away day for many fans. Situated at the top of the hill that overlooks the town, the high end of the ground is surrounded by three grandstands. Behind the sticks is a relatively new terraced stand, which houses the changing rooms and also executive boxes. At the opposite end at the bottom of the hill is an open old-style terraced stand, although as you go back up the pitch down one of the sides, the terrace is closed off due to safety reasons. The bottom corner of the pitch sees quite a large dip, which the home side use to their advantage. In the diagonally opposite corner is the players entrance, which is situated between the new terraced stand, and a small all seater stand that runs down half of one side of the pitch.

Transport (bus, rail, car etc): Leave the M62 at Junction 26 and follow signs for the A638. Follow through Cleckheaton Town Centre and turn right after Fox’s Biscuits up to the top of the hill, and then turn left onto Heritage Road.

Parking: There are numerous side streets around the ground, and there are also club car parks and surplus car parking down the side of the ground.

Food & drink (inside and outside the ground): Behind the main stand there is a lot of space, and here you can find refreshments. On some visits, bands have been playing in trailers behind the ground. You can also get food and drink in the north west corner of the ground.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

Batley game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batley game   Batley game EmptySun May 08, 2011 1:07 pm

Good to see Andy Raleigh back!! Smile
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Batley game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batley game   Batley game EmptySun May 08, 2011 4:46 pm

Bloody good job we had a strong squad out cos Batley were unlucky TBH. Shocking today
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Batley game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batley game   Batley game EmptySun May 08, 2011 6:58 pm

We could so easily have lost. If they had kept the ball instead of chucking it into touch near the end when they had 5 tackles left it could have been different.

There is something not quite right at the moment. The players are not performing as a team. Individuals are doing some good stuff, but they just look disjointed and we are making uncharacteristic mistakes far too often.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Batley game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batley game   Batley game EmptySun May 08, 2011 7:08 pm

Confidence issue with some of em, not sure why? last 4 games been out of sorts, Browny will he won't yearly saga never helps. His contract runs till end of season so why the need to bring it up every May?
Will need to really improve if we are to kick on this season cos today couldn't tell which was the SL team
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Batley game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batley game   Batley game EmptySun May 08, 2011 7:21 pm

I can only think the players are believing their own hype.

Complete lack of respect for the opposition today. If you ask me we robbed Batley of a win they deserved.
Back to top Go down
Old School
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Batley game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batley game   Batley game EmptySun May 08, 2011 7:35 pm

For me Cudjoe and Lawrence need some time in the reserves, they were awfull today but thats just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Batley game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batley game   Batley game EmptySun May 08, 2011 7:37 pm

Had to work so missed this but from what the people i go to rugby with were saying, i really wasnt missing much and said Cudjoe was terrible until he scored his try?
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Batley game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batley game   Batley game EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:29 am

Giant-Dragon wrote:
Had to work so missed this but from what the people i go to rugby with were saying, i really wasnt missing much and said Cudjoe was terrible until he scored his try?

Summed up pretty well for you, not sure what was wrong with Leroy but looked like couldnt be bothered and at times like a rabbit caught in headlights.

Every kick to him he allowed it to bounce and NB got it spot on with choice of not making him regular fullback.

As for OldSchool saying Leroy and Bruno need a stint in reserves, have said this for a while about Bruno, needs some work with Jammer IMO cos he has the size and talent to be a superstar, just needs to believe and back himself a little more.

Wardle deserves a centre spot alongside Jerry IMO can see it being a great partnership, as for the other side?

Time to earn ya money NB, someone said on here he is a genius, we will find out by end of season.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Batley game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batley game   Batley game EmptyMon May 09, 2011 2:02 pm

We have a cracking team but our downfall is our complacency. We play at the level we expect our opposition to play. We could play St.George one week and give them a real good game, the week after we could play Shaw Cross and scrape a win. We lack the killer instinct to put lesser teams to bed early. Yesterday was bad but it doesn't worry me that we'll play like that again. Take nothing away from Batley it was their cup final and it was only due to the effort they'd put in for an hour that they fell short in the last 15mins.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Batley game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batley game   Batley game EmptyMon May 09, 2011 2:44 pm

I was happy that Batley gave us a real good contest.,Going up there and watching us run in a procession of tries,I would have taken no pleasure in viewing that.

We never tried to play any football throughout,The halves decided they were going to get this job done on their own,They both made some good breaks up the middle but errors after the breaks meant the tries didn't come.

Batley's forwards were excellent for the first 30 minutes of either half,they got up in numbers on our packmen around the play the ball.I think they noted early on that our own forwards weren't running with total commitment and gained confidence from that.

Had we lost we could have had no complaints,If the Batley forward had not done a Basil Fawlty impression drawing attention to himself he might have stayed on,After all it was not a stiff arm hit on Larne Patrick and did not deserve a straight red imo.

All's well that ends well,and relieved that we got through,Agree with Ponner the better the opposition the more we will raise our own game.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Batley game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batley game   Batley game EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:22 pm

ponner wrote:
We have a cracking team but our downfall is our complacency. We play at the level we expect our opposition to play. We could play St.George one week and give them a real good game, the week after we could play Shaw Cross and scrape a win. We lack the killer instinct to put lesser teams to bed early. Yesterday was bad but it doesn't worry me that we'll play like that again. Take nothing away from Batley it was their cup final and it was only due to the effort they'd put in for an hour that they fell short in the last 15mins.

I can see what your saying about playing to the level of the opposition, It often happens that way, what worries me is that we have played very poorly for the last month ,( I didn't see the Catalan game but have spoken to people who did )
As far as i know Saints have a lot of injuries, so lets hope we aren't treating them lightly or we will get a right tonking, We have as you say got a very good team, but It seems even N Brown has run out of Patience with them, The idea of a quality team is to play quality rugby, we saw that up to a month ago, and hopefully we will see it again, It only takes a few performances like we have been putting in for the crowds to plummet, and who can blame them.

Back to top Go down
Old School
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Batley game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batley game   Batley game EmptySat May 14, 2011 6:19 pm

00ps how wrong some people can be those 2 boys played well today. Embarassed Batley game 21033
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Batley game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batley game   Batley game EmptySat May 14, 2011 7:50 pm

Old School wrote:
00ps how wrong some people can be those 2 boys played well today. Embarassed Batley game 21033
Yep, lets hope they continue with this form.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Batley game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batley game   Batley game Empty

Back to top Go down

Batley game
Page 1 of 1