Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ferguson keen to kick on head of bulls

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Ferguson keen to kick on head of bulls  Empty
PostSubject: Ferguson keen to kick on head of bulls    Ferguson keen to kick on head of bulls  EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 3:17 pm

Giants new boy Dale Ferguson is focused on trying to earn a regular place in the side following a promising debut on Friday night.

Ferguson came off the bench to make his first appearance for the Claret and Gold in a week which also saw the 22-year-old receive a call-up to the England Knights squad, alongside teammates Michael Lawrence, Shaun Lunt, Larne Patrick and Jermaine McGilvray.

The back-row forward was in good spirits after the match however he admitted that the learning and hard work had only just begun:

‘I am very grateful for getting the opportunity to make my debut and I thought it went ok.’ He said.

‘I have made a benchmark now. I am still learning, like every other player is. I want to keep developing under Nathan Brown and push on. Playing alongside world class players and training alongside them means I am picking up things day by day.’

The experience of the squad around him will undoubtedly be a huge help to Ferguson, who also commented on the guidance he receives from his experienced international colleagues in training.

‘I am like a sponge at the minute. Every time I get chance to speak to the likes of Lee Gilmour for instance, I ask them what’s going on or I say to him can you help me out with this.’

The Pontefract based star now has his sights set firmly on making his home debut in next weekend’s clash with a resurgent Bradford Bulls and will be boosted by what he said was an unexpected international call-up.

‘It came as a surprise I got a phone call late in the hour saying I was in the squad, which I was very surprised with but very grateful too.’ said Ferguson.

‘The Bulls have just come off a good win at Wakefield but we have just come off a good win at the weekend so we can just push on and hopefully win.’

‘I am looking forward to it but there is a lot of competition for places at the minute. I have just got to push on in training and try earn a spot again this week.’
Back to top Go down

Ferguson keen to kick on head of bulls
Page 1 of 1