Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quins V Fartown

Go down 
+6
adelaide-giant.no9
FLYINGPROP
Pharmergibbs
reidy
Giants4life
matt01
10 posters
AuthorMessage
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Quins V Fartown Empty
PostSubject: Quins V Fartown   Quins V Fartown EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 8:41 pm

What a pass from Brown for our second try. Who needs Brett with Brown's class?
Back to top Go down
Giants4life
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Giants4life

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2011-03-01

Quins V Fartown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quins V Fartown   Quins V Fartown EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 8:52 pm

Agree completely matt.

How biased are the commentators?!?

Come on Hudds 8 point lead And ferguson yet to come on.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Quins V Fartown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quins V Fartown   Quins V Fartown EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 8:54 pm

Video ref is a W*********** Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Giants4life
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Giants4life

Quins V Fartown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quins V Fartown   Quins V Fartown EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 9:00 pm

reidy wrote:
Video ref is a W*********** Very Happy

lol!
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Quins V Fartown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quins V Fartown   Quins V Fartown EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 9:01 pm

Our forwards are awesome, they are battering the Quins. More of the same in the second half please.
Back to top Go down
Giants4life
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Giants4life

Quins V Fartown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quins V Fartown   Quins V Fartown EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 9:05 pm

What a McGillvary run! The lad has utter speed.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Quins V Fartown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quins V Fartown   Quins V Fartown EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 9:11 pm

Super, super Horne... Smile
Back to top Go down
Pharmergibbs
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Quins V Fartown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quins V Fartown   Quins V Fartown EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:32 pm

Glad we won but a really poor performance in attack from us, just awful basic errors at the sharp end. Glad we won when we are not on form, that is important but boy was that ugly. We have no fluidity at all in attack and are scoring ugly trys. 3 dull games on the trot. However god help the first team we play when the attack clicks!
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Quins V Fartown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quins V Fartown   Quins V Fartown EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:36 pm

I know what you mean, but I do enjoy seeing the forwards rip into the opposition and we really did that tonight. Still we need to make more of the opportunities given to us.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Quins V Fartown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quins V Fartown   Quins V Fartown EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:37 pm

Eorl had yet another great game.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Quins V Fartown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quins V Fartown   Quins V Fartown EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:47 pm

Some tool on the darkside (Dulls fan) saying how Eorl is rubbish, may change his mind come a week on Sunday!!!

Good game today was different class against Hull FC
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Quins V Fartown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quins V Fartown   Quins V Fartown EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:50 pm

FLYINGPROP wrote:
Some tool on the darkside (Dulls fan) saying how Eorl is rubbish, may change his mind come a week on Sunday!!!

Good game today was different class against Hull FC

All Dulls fans are tools Oz. Very Happy
Like ya said, come a week on Sunday when the big fella has placed a few on the injury list, then they'll stop putting him down!
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Quins V Fartown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quins V Fartown   Quins V Fartown EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:55 pm

Did Eorl do 80 mins today?
Back to top Go down
Giants4life
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Giants4life

Quins V Fartown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quins V Fartown   Quins V Fartown EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:59 pm

matt01 wrote:

No mate. Got subbed after about 30 mins I think.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Quins V Fartown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quins V Fartown   Quins V Fartown EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 11:02 pm

Giants4life wrote:
matt01 wrote:

Fair enough, still I think he is doing more minutes now he is starting games. Really has made another step forward this season.
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Quins V Fartown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quins V Fartown   Quins V Fartown EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 12:19 am

the left hand side just didnt work for me.. gilmour and hodgy were very poor..but the team always seemed to go the same way..why?.. dont we have a right side attacking plan?
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Quins V Fartown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quins V Fartown   Quins V Fartown EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 12:20 am

to say that was first against third it was very low on skill, effort was great.. i will be glad to watch professional rugby league next week when the nrl starts, rather tan the amateur offerings i watched this morn lol...lol
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Quins V Fartown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quins V Fartown   Quins V Fartown EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 12:23 am

matt01 wrote:
Giants4life wrote:
matt01 wrote:

Fair enough, still I think he is doing more minutes now he is starting games. Really has made another step forward this season.

Very very true and another who has improved no end this season is Griffin, these 2 are really taking it out of the opposition with there barnstorming runs taking 3-4 to pull em down.

Keep it up fellas!!!
Back to top Go down
Pharmergibbs
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 162

Quins V Fartown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quins V Fartown   Quins V Fartown EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 9:47 am

Just watched the game again. Lunt, jerry and LOD stood out for me. Nothing flashy from LOD just hard graft. Every time we ran wide we more or less messed it up, combination of brough and grix taking wrong options and delivering poor passes and the centres and wide supplying playing running poor or uncertain lines. We seem to stutter as the ball goes wider everytime, wasted loads last night and it really does need to be dealt with.

On a positive note I reckon jerry is going to get better and better, tough little bugger, young Marcus bai!
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

Quins V Fartown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quins V Fartown   Quins V Fartown EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 12:36 pm

The only downside i can see to him he is sucked 20 yards inside whenever we defend our line ,and it always results in a try, mind you Leroy is forever running out of the line as well, so unless this is sorted we shall concede a lot down that side.

The game last night , I thought Quins were something of a disappointment, not short on effort but not to much class, A team with as much forward domination as we had last night ,that takes the points on offer would score 50, An off day in the attacking department! early days yet, Brown wont be happy with that and will no doubt work hard to change it.
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256

Quins V Fartown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quins V Fartown   Quins V Fartown EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 3:54 pm

Was at game, conditions were quite heavy! A good away win in my view. Good fan turnout from Giants too1
Back to top Go down
DobbyMufc
DobbyMufc

Number of posts : 31

Quins V Fartown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quins V Fartown   Quins V Fartown EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 5:01 pm

Fa'alogo did a great run and superb set up to Horne
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Quins V Fartown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quins V Fartown   Quins V Fartown EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 7:08 pm

Pharmergibbs wrote:
Just watched the game again. Lunt, jerry and LOD stood out for me. Nothing flashy from LOD just hard graft. Every time we ran wide we more or less messed it up, combination of brough and grix taking wrong options and delivering poor passes and the centres and wide supplying playing running poor or uncertain lines. We seem to stutter as the ball goes wider everytime, wasted loads last night and it really does need to be dealt with.

Totally agree.This is an ongoing problem,they say they are working hard on attack during the week but there seems to be no improvement come the weekend.I think much of this stems from from slow dummy half distribution,and when I say slow I'm talking fractions of seconds,such is the pace of Super League.I'd have Keal Carlile back in at dummy half as soon as he is ready.At the moment our threequarters are standing too flat,the acting half service is too slow and the opposition defence are up and too close which is leading to indecision from the halves.It needs sorting,because we won't be able to smash the top clubs down the middle all the time.

Pharmergibbs wrote:
On a positive note I reckon jerry is going to get better and better, tough little bugger, young Marcus bai!

Real talent is Jerry,thought he was going to score after he made that break early in the second half.
Back to top Go down
Giants4life
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player
Giants4life

Quins V Fartown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quins V Fartown   Quins V Fartown EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 7:24 pm

U20s lost

44-4

Take into consideration many players out on dual reg

E.Hodgson
Wood
McNally
Walker
Fairbank
Cording

Maybe some more I'm not sure
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content