Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Giants v Wolves this Saturday

Go down 
+5
DYSON28
Meltham Giant
washy
matt01
ponner
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Giants v Wolves this Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Giants v Wolves this Saturday   Giants v Wolves this Saturday EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 4:11 pm

Tickets going well so far. Sold out of our allocation of seated tickets already and sold out of our first 200 standing allocation within the first couple of hours. The club reckon it could be a sell out so get your tickets ASAP.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Wolves this Saturday   Giants v Wolves this Saturday EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 7:57 pm

Getting mine tomorrow, but 200 is hardly selling like hotcakes, surely they will be selling on the gate?
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Wolves this Saturday   Giants v Wolves this Saturday EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:19 pm

I need to get our tickets as they are saying the free under 5 tickets are only available pre bought! I'll be there even if I only have a hour to make it!!! So theres another reason to get our tickets if we're late at least they can't refuse entry if we have a ticket!!
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Wolves this Saturday   Giants v Wolves this Saturday EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 11:23 pm

No match for me again seen as its being played on saturday evening when i work Sad
Back to top Go down
DYSON28
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
DYSON28

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Wolves this Saturday   Giants v Wolves this Saturday EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 5:43 am

Tickets sorted ! me + 2 love going to warrington ...getting a bit of stick at work though lost 3 times to em this season i keep saying it doesnt matter as long as we win when it matters !! lets hit 'em hard giants !!
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Wolves this Saturday   Giants v Wolves this Saturday EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:07 am

Who else is going and how are you getting there? Is anyone stuck for a lift, or anyone with spaces left in their car?
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Wolves this Saturday   Giants v Wolves this Saturday EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:22 am

ponner wrote:
Who else is going and how are you getting there? Is anyone stuck for a lift, or anyone with spaces left in their car?

Theoretically we're stuck but I doubt you'll be setting off as late as I can set off!!

At the moment it's the 5.26 train meaning we'll miss most of the first half, but I'm trying to persuade my folks into giving us a lift over according to the routeplanner it's 49 min journey from town centre it's whats around Manchester at that time that the problem!!
Back to top Go down
DYSON28
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
DYSON28

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Wolves this Saturday   Giants v Wolves this Saturday EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 12:22 pm

Seems a bit quiet leading up to one of our biggest games of the season??
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Wolves this Saturday   Giants v Wolves this Saturday EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 5:41 pm

Am going, driving up from Londonon saturday morning!
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Wolves this Saturday   Giants v Wolves this Saturday EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:57 pm

3 of us going to this on Saturday.

Cant wait. We've got to put one past em this time!

I cant stand Warrington beating us!
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Wolves this Saturday   Giants v Wolves this Saturday EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 7:12 pm

I cant stand listening to their fans going on!!
Back to top Go down
EatonTheGiant

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Wolves this Saturday   Giants v Wolves this Saturday EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 1:45 pm

I cant wait for this game, it should be a cracker and i think we can have them. Hope we have a fair few fans with us so we can shut them warrington fans up. Come on Giants we can do it.
UTG
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Wolves this Saturday   Giants v Wolves this Saturday EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:38 pm

Well we did it. How tense was that finish!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Wolves this Saturday   Giants v Wolves this Saturday EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 9:07 pm

Just watched the first half and I had Goose bumps through the whole half!

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
DYSON28
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
DYSON28

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Wolves this Saturday   Giants v Wolves this Saturday EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 9:14 pm

That result was SWEEEEEETTTTTTTT!!!
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Wolves this Saturday   Giants v Wolves this Saturday EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 9:32 pm

Our fans were fantastic. Nearly as good as the 17 that wore the claret and gold with honour
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Wolves this Saturday   Giants v Wolves this Saturday EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 10:17 pm

Thought Nathan Brown was going to jump on the pitch and run along with Leroy for his try hehe.
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Wolves this Saturday   Giants v Wolves this Saturday EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 11:19 pm

Great wasn't it?? And to all those who said I was mad to attempt both town match and the Giants one well I made all 90 mins plus the safety sweep and stand down at the town game and made it to Warrington with 5 mins to spare!!
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Wolves this Saturday   Giants v Wolves this Saturday EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 7:05 am

I am so proud of the lads, they gave their all last night. Fantastic result. My nerves were jangling from the start of the second half though, it seemed like every time we scored any points they got the ball back from the kick off! What a time to come up with a win at Warrington. Lost 6 times to them before yesterday I believe. Wow is all I can say. My heart cant take much more! Twice in two weeks we have been on tenterhooks for the finish!!!!

Nathan on the sidelines willing Leroy on to the finish was brilliant, that has to go up on YouTube! "Go on my Son" I think he said....he was there with him right to the line. Paul Cook (I think) can also be seen in the background as Leroy sets off jumping up and down screaming at him from the touchline. And if that wasnt enough encouragement every Giants fan in the land watching was willing him over the line....great try!!

Cant wait to see how we do next week!
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Wolves this Saturday   Giants v Wolves this Saturday EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 8:08 am

34-22 the same score as we beat Wire in 2007 when Rocket Rod went the full length of the pitch. How weird is that!!
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Wolves this Saturday   Giants v Wolves this Saturday EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 8:43 am

I haven't seen Brown willing Leroy on, but I think every Fartowner behind those sticks were just as excited as he galloped towards us.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Wolves this Saturday   Giants v Wolves this Saturday EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 9:20 am

matt01 wrote:
I haven't seen Brown willing Leroy on, but I think every Fartowner behind those sticks were just as excited as he galloped towards us.
Oh it's worth watching Matt. It'll probably show it on the Super league show tonight at 5pm I think.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Wolves this Saturday   Giants v Wolves this Saturday EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 11:07 am

That moment when Nathan did that showed how much passion and commitment he has for the club...it was a nice moment and very worth seeing. Another similar moment for me last week was when Danny Brough passed to Leroy for Leroy to give us the win...he knew Leroy was going in to score and he turned to the crowd and punched the air with a big grin on his face...showed me he felt like he was now one of ours, settled and happy and commited to the cause.

Nice bit of trivia Ponner....our first Super League Victory came against Wire on 31.05.1998 final score 28-6 to the Giants...I am hoping for a repeat of the 1953 CC Final Score if we get picked to play Saints - 15-10 to us - will be another heart pounding game for us to watch but the perfect result pray Wink
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Wolves this Saturday   Giants v Wolves this Saturday EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:29 pm

Amazing feeling when Leroy came towarsds us. We went mental!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Wolves this Saturday   Giants v Wolves this Saturday EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 5:24 pm

ponner wrote:
matt01 wrote:
Oh it's worth watching Matt. It'll probably show it on the Super league show tonight at 5pm I think.
Just watched it. Not many coaches would be that animated and so caught up in the moment. Mind you the delight on Leroy's face was clear and his reaction to go straight to the crowd to celebrate says a lot about how much this all means to him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Wolves this Saturday   Giants v Wolves this Saturday Empty

Back to top Go down

Giants v Wolves this Saturday
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next