Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks

Go down 
+5
BO JANGLES
Ivor C&G Scarf
giants4eva15
reidy
ponner
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks Empty
PostSubject: Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks   Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 8:55 pm

Huddersfield Giants received mixed injury verdicts today with the news that Shaun Lunt is set to be back in action quicker than first feared, although skipper Brett Hodgson is also set for a spell on the sidelines with a thigh strain.

23 year old hooker Lunt was unable to take the field for yesterday’s clash with Crusaders RL following an Achilles injury sustained in the pre-match warm-up, although a scan today revealed that whilst his injury was not quite as serious as first feared, he will still be out of action for 3-4 weeks.

Furthermore, captain and reigning Man of Steel Brett Hodgson will also be missing for a month with a thigh strain.

Head Coach Nathan Brown spoke exclusively to giantsrl.com to discuss the injury news:

“It’s going to be around 3-4 weeks for Shaun Lunt which is certainly not as long as we first feared which is really pleasing. Obviously it’s not ideal but with the length of time it’s not a tragedy for us, you’d always like to have all your players fit and healthy but with Brad Drew coming back and Luke Robinson playing great we feel like we have the cover there to do really well.

“Brett’s our captain and the reigning Man of Steel so it’s clear how important he is and what he brings to the team, but it does offer the opportunity for the rest of the team to step up in what is an important month for us. Leroy (Cudjoe) came in at full-back against the Crusaders and did a good job and he is a player that will keep improving. The important thing is how players respond to it , and generally this year we have played well without Brett including a victory over Leeds so the onus is on the team to step up for the weeks ahead.”
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks   Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:19 pm

I wonder if anything is underlying with Brett.....
Back to top Go down
giants4eva15
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 82
Location : the giants are my religion, the galpharm my church!
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks   Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:21 pm

hmm i thought the same reidy as they said earlier it was a dead leg, and we also have wire twice in the next month!
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks   Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:23 pm

giants4eva15 wrote:
hmm i thought the same reidy as they said earlier it was a dead leg, and we also have wire twice in the next month!

Yeah I don't generally like to look too deeply into this stuff but seems very coincidental, especially as nothing was mentioned after the last match that he played and the interview he gave afterwards......
Back to top Go down
giants4eva15
Ballboy
Ballboy

PostSubject: Re: Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks   Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:26 pm

thought exactly the same, said to my partner we will see how the next month pans out. seems something is happening. cant see it being a coincidence?
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks   Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:28 pm

Hopefully someone will be able to clarify things later for us Smile
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks   Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:42 pm

Have to admit I have been well into the conspiracy theory as well!!

However, assuming everything is as it is claimed, how ironic would it be if, instead of signing a one year deal with us when he had the chance, injury forced him to not get another contract!! [Not that I wish him ill, I must honestly add.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks   Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 12:21 pm

Well I have always been a sceptical Bu**er, so you dont need to know my thoughts. It's probably our hardest month of the regular season, but it will give our other players a chance to show we are not a one man team.
Just as a matter of interest, if he is out for the next month, does anyone know how many that will be out of the 17 matches played.
Back to top Go down
Old School
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks   Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 4:38 pm

There is no conspiracy Hodgson is injured,and the blame lies with the C.E.O at the club for him leaving.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks   Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 6:27 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
Well I have always been a sceptical Bu**er, so you dont need to know my thoughts. It's probably our hardest month of the regular season, but it will give our other players a chance to show we are not a one man team.
Just as a matter of interest, if he is out for the next month, does anyone know how many that will be out of the 17 matches played.

Played in 7 league games, scoring 1 try and 23 goals, 2 of the 7 we lost being Saints and Wire
The 5 we won being Castleford, Catalans, Harlequins, Hull K.R. and Bradford.

TBH the C.E.O. or whoever has had to make a call on this, we may not like it but then again if he replaces Brett with another class player it will be all forgotton, also if Brett plays 2 games for Wire and finds out his legs have finally retired even though he doesn't want to then again all will be forgotton.

Whoever it was has had to make a brave call and although I will be sad to see him go, IMO at present it's the right one. Smile
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks   Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:01 pm

At this moment in time it's looking a good call from the club. If however he's the main man that helps us win either the Challenge Cup or Grand Final then my opinion may change.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks   Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:48 pm

Well for my money a player who can only make 7 games out of 17, without haveing a serious injury , is a very expensive player, If i had been K Davy i wouldn't have offered him two years either, but as a friend of mine pointed out, to allow him to talk to other clubs before the end of the season was just plain stupid.
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks   Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 11:23 pm

Whilst I tend to agree with you, Bo, just playing Devil's advocate, we signed a 34 year old who was injured.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks   Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 12:07 am

yeah --but theres always the "inside" information we dont know about !

After all were only supporters eh? Neutral

but if we go on (after knocking his new colleagues outta the cup ) maybe he`ll be fit for Wembley, eh?? Wink
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks   Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 11:47 am

Ivor C&G Scarf wrote:
Whilst I tend to agree with you, Bo, just playing Devil's advocate, we signed a 34 year old who was injured.

Yea i know what you are saying Ivor, But signing on a player with a serious injury is taking a calculated gamble, that he is going to come through it.Hodgson has had no serious injury, but has only managed 7 games.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

PostSubject: Re: Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks   Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 3:22 pm

Ivor C&G Scarf wrote:

..............which surely indicates consistency dunnit Ivor ?? Neutral
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks   Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 12:16 am

The other big difference between Drew and Brett is their respective positions, age is a big factor if you are a forward or a back and think Drew was brought in originally as a forward.
Back to top Go down
raceman

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks   Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:17 pm

Heard this morning from the horses mouth that Brett is playing on Saturday, hope so, with Leroy back on the wing.
Back to top Go down
giants4eva15
Ballboy
Ballboy

PostSubject: Re: Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks   Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:49 pm

hmm if brett plays it will make it interesting thats for sure!
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

PostSubject: Re: Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks   Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:52 pm

yeah --might just wave their new aquisition through the gap , dyer mean??? Wink Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks   Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks Empty

Back to top Go down

Brett & Lunt out for 3-4 weeks
Page 1 of 1