Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Salford score updates

Go down 
+5
FLYINGPROP
hudders789
dannablue
reidy
ponner
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
hudders789
Ballboy
Ballboy
hudders789

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Salford score updates - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salford score updates   Salford score updates - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:17 pm

finally we score, hodgson, 24-4
Back to top Go down
hudders789
Ballboy
Ballboy
hudders789

PostSubject: Re: Salford score updates   Salford score updates - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:19 pm

I said on saturday that we would lose today, radio said salford not playing that well just we playing worse, think brown has overcooked the resting of players! Oh well cant win em all!
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Salford score updates   Salford score updates - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:20 pm

Sad that we are happy not to be nilled when we are a top 3 side!

The players want to sort themselves out.

Not happy here.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Salford score updates   Salford score updates - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:21 pm

Again we bomb it....WHY??????

Going to do something more interesting now - dont want to waste any more time of them today!
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Salford score updates   Salford score updates - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:21 pm

28-4

I'm bloody fuming!
Back to top Go down
hudders789
Ballboy
Ballboy
hudders789

PostSubject: Re: Salford score updates   Salford score updates - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:22 pm

Although we cant expect to win every game, we should be beating sides like salford, we have every right to be fuming, this is unacceptable!
Back to top Go down
hudders789
Ballboy
Ballboy
hudders789

PostSubject: Re: Salford score updates   Salford score updates - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:28 pm

we score again, 30-10 too little too late me thinks,
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Salford score updates   Salford score updates - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:32 pm

Apparently Smith ruled one out, shoulda been at least 14 points.
No matter what, sounds like we haven't deserved jack squit.
Back to top Go down
hudders789
Ballboy
Ballboy
hudders789

PostSubject: Re: Salford score updates   Salford score updates - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:36 pm

30-14 now, not looking as bad but there is no excuses today, sounds like we were awful! need to sort this out before friday.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Salford score updates   Salford score updates - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:39 pm

Castleford always run us close and look like have put up good fight against Saints today so we really need to get back on our game for Friday me thinks!!!!!
Back to top Go down
hudders789
Ballboy
Ballboy
hudders789

PostSubject: Re: Salford score updates   Salford score updates - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:45 pm

final score 30-18, both teams scored 4 trys, just salford kicked 7 from 7 kicks. Oh well roll on friday!!
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Salford score updates   Salford score updates - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:49 pm

I still stand by what I said about Brough, he is NOT consistent and I would have kept Kermit any day of the week as opposed to him.

His poor play and conversion misses (amongst other poor performances) have cost us 2 points today.

Tyrer intercepted a ball off him and that basically knackered the job.
It shouldn't have happened!
Back to top Go down
hudders789
Ballboy
Ballboy
hudders789

PostSubject: Re: Salford score updates   Salford score updates - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:54 pm

dont think it is broughs fault, the whole team underperformed today, plus think some of the blame should lay on nathan browns head for resting too many players, this caused us to be disjointed, but like i said roll on friday!
Back to top Go down
Lillyd

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Salford score updates   Salford score updates - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 4:14 pm

lets hope him resting a few will do us good for friday

and hope we have a good win against cas
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Salford score updates   Salford score updates - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 5:16 pm

Don't know what to make of a performance like that, we never started to play till 65 minutes had gone, I cant remember completing a sett in the first half, Forward passes, Knock on's, penalties, all were there in abundance, For 3/4 of that game we were as bad as it gets, and N Brown has to take his share of blame for it.

Brough had a poor game all round, his kicking in the loose was poor, His place kicking was far too rushed cause we were running out of time, and his passing was like everyone else's, rubbish. However It is always the same, i dont care who your halfbacks are, if they are playing behind a pack that is getting a good hiding they will not shine,

He was poor, but to put all the blame on him would be wrong, I can't remember a position on the field where we weren't outplayed, The pack were just outplayed by a set of forwards who never took a backward step, could offload at will, and must have thought it the easiest game they had played this season.

After 65 minutes they decided to play, but what use is it after 65 minutes of incompetence. A great turnout from the fans to witness a load of trash like that. They all deserve a good B----ing from K Davy, starting with N Brown and working down, we got exactly what we deserved from that, I said earlier in the week we could get embarrassed, I didn't expect it to be that bad.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Salford score updates   Salford score updates - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:06 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
Don't know what to make of a performance like that, we never started to play till 65 minutes had gone, I cant remember completing a sett in the first half, Forward passes, Knock on's, penalties, all were there in abundance, For 3/4 of that game we were as bad as it gets, and N Brown has to take his share of blame for it.

Brough had a poor game all round, his kicking in the loose was poor, His place kicking was far too rushed cause we were running out of time, and his passing was like everyone else's, rubbish. However It is always the same, i dont care who your halfbacks are, if they are playing behind a pack that is getting a good hiding they will not shine,

He was poor, but to put all the blame on him would be wrong, I can't remember a position on the field where we weren't outplayed, The pack were just outplayed by a set of forwards who never took a backward step, could offload at will, and must have thought it the easiest game they had played this season.

After 65 minutes they decided to play, but what use is it after 65 minutes of incompetence. A great turnout from the fans to witness a load of trash like that. They all deserve a good B----ing from K Davy, starting with N Brown and working down, we got exactly what we deserved from that, I said earlier in the week we could get embarrassed, I didn't expect it to be that bad.
Spot on. One or two seemed to want to bust a gut, but most couldn't even do the basics right. We underestimated Salford and it caught us out. We only started scoring once the game was safe for Salford. Saying that we can't ever play as bad as that again and we still scored as many tries as Salford.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Salford score updates   Salford score updates - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:14 pm

[quote="matt01"]
BO JANGLES wrote:

Spot on. One or two seemed to want to bust a gut, but most couldn't even do the basics right. We underestimated Salford and it caught us out. We only started scoring once the game was safe for Salford. Saying that we can't ever play as bad as that again and we still scored as many tries as Salford.[/quot
e]
Fair comment Matt. Every team i suppose is entitled to a bad performance, lets hope that's ours out of the way for this season. That was very disapointing after the fans turned up for them.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Salford score updates   Salford score updates - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:52 pm

Utter garbage today. No enthusiasm until it was too late today. Brown was the only one who looked likely to make a break and when Robinson came on he tried his best to speed things up. David Hodgson saved us a few times with decent catches under high balls. Other than that there's nothing good to take out of todays game apart from a good travelling support who were yet again let down. If Nathan had better players at his disposal but decided to rest them because we were playing a lesser team then he wants a right rodding from Ken. I'd go as far as saying that was our worst performance for a few years. I text radio Leeds to suggest the players donate their wages to charity after todays game cos they didn't earn a penny. Our forwards were outplayed but a pack of no names today.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Salford score updates   Salford score updates - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:21 pm

The only player that the commentators picked out as being anywhere near decent, was Mr Consistent - Andy Raleigh.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Salford score updates   Salford score updates - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 8:19 pm

reidy wrote:
The only player that the commentators picked out as being anywhere near decent, was Mr Consistent - Andy Raleigh.
I think they all made some basic mistakes today, even our Andy. I hate to think players don't give anything less than 100% because in the end they are very fortunate to be professional sportsmen. Rugby League can only be played by the brave and to get to the level our players have got to they are all extremely brave, but they let themselves down today. Perhaps Brown's selection wasn't the wisest, but then if we go on a winning run now because we are the most fresh squad around then it will be proved to be the correct decision. I suppose time will tell. Nevertheless the guys out there were good enough to beat Salford if only they had done the basics right.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Salford score updates   Salford score updates - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 10:31 pm

reidy wrote:

Raleigh was no better than any of the others, He never busted a tackle, he never got a offload in, And it's no more use blaming him than it is Brough. We had no stand out player today. After 65 minutes there were one or two who tried hard, Brown as much as anybody, but it was too late.
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Salford score updates   Salford score updates - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 5:33 pm

I know I didnt go to the game but Id never blame Nathan for the scoreline. Yeah maybe he chose the squad but at the end of the day its down to the players on the pitch to perform. Nathan may have given them a ear full at half time and they couldnt act on it? I dont know.. But im sure it will be corrected on Friday
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Salford score updates   Salford score updates - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Salford score updates
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2