Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart)

Go down 
+7
Ivor C&G Scarf
Gem Bob
dannablue
matt01
ponner
BO JANGLES
penninegiant
11 posters
AuthorMessage
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart) Empty
PostSubject: Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart)   Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart) EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 12:47 pm

Many of you on this forum will probably have heard by now of the sad loss, at the weekend, of one of our posters Big Stuart - Stuart Greaves

Stuart was a well known figure at Fartown and The Galpharm working firstly "behind the scenes" and then for the tireless work he put in organising trips, social events and fundraising for the Vice Presidents/Legends (or Leg-Ends / Prawn sarni brigade as he put it !)

He took a joke and gave one and was as keen a supporter of the claret and gold as you could find , and was known, recognised and respected by many opposition supporters as well . Many will remember him sat in the raised area at Weatherspoons , Cardiff chatting to loads of rival supporters and giving as good a he got ! - and Ive a photo I took of him taking a "breather" in Perpignan - sat in a doorway with his own "personal" bottle of red!
I personally will miss the "sessions" we had and Im sure there will be many more who`ll find that theres a big void at the stadium now hes sadly left us

My sincere condolences to all his family and friends

Rest in Peace, big fella !
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart)   Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart) EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 2:47 pm

penninegiant wrote:
Many of you on this forum will probably have heard by now of the sad loss, at the weekend, of one of our posters Big Stuart - Stuart Greaves

Stuart was a well known figure at Fartown and The Galpharm working firstly "behind the scenes" and then for the tireless work he put in organising trips, social events and fundraising for the Vice Presidents/Legends (or Leg-Ends / Prawn sarni brigade as he put it !)

He took a joke and gave one and was as keen a supporter of the claret and gold as you could find , and was known, recognised and respected by many opposition supporters as well . Many will remember him sat in the raised area at Weatherspoons , Cardiff chatting to loads of rival supporters and giving as good a he got ! - and Ive a photo I took of him taking a "breather" in Perpignan - sat in a doorway with his own "personal" bottle of red!
I personally will miss the "sessions" we had and Im sure there will be many more who`ll find that theres a big void at the stadium now hes sadly left us

My sincere condolences to all his family and friends

Rest in Peace, big fella !

Sorry to hear that Rod, I did get a whisper that he was very poorly on Fri night at the past player dinner ( may have been Scot ) I think i was with you when you took that Photo in Perpignan.
He was as you say Fartown through and through.
Condolences to his family.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart)   Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart) EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 3:34 pm

A sad day indeed. I've known Stuart since I was 9 when he used to pay me for ballboying at Fartown. No doubt there will be a minutes silence for Stuart on Friday night.
R.I.P Stuart
You'll be missed.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart)   Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart) EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 3:42 pm

I am also sorry to hear that news. I worked with him for a short while with squad-builder and he was claret and gold through and through. Couldn't get a more dedicated supporter than Stuart.

My condolences go out to his family.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart)   Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart) EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 4:24 pm

Very sad news. Met Stuart a few times, a lovely man. He did so much for our beloved club. My condolences to his family and friends at this very sad time.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart)   Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart) EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 4:25 pm

Never had the privileged to have met him, but have heard his name mentioned more than a few times over the years in respect of the work he has done for/with the club.

Sincere condolences to his family.
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart)   Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart) EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 5:17 pm

Speechless.

I echo all the above comments.

Condolences to his family.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

PostSubject: Re: Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart)   Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart) EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:09 pm

Very sad news.
Lisa's Mum knows his family very well, they have been mates for years, so for those of you that would like to pay any final respects to the lad, I'm trying to find out through them channels, when the funeral will be.
If anyone else manages to find out before me, please by all means put it on here. Many thanks.
Back to top Go down
Eclair
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart)   Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart) EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:39 pm

Stuart's mum said today that it was pencilled in for next Tuesday at 3pm at Elland Crem. (Parkwood?) I'll try to let you know when it is confirmed. So sad, he'll be missed.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart)   Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 2:06 am

RIP Stuart, A very sad day, Loved the banter I had with you down at Fartown mate and you will be sorely missed. Condolences to his family.
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart)   Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:09 am

last time i met the fella , it was at his work in bradford and he was giving me 2 teddies via talent builder/ squadbuilder.... they had fartown shirts etc with the names of daughters on the back.. plus the no9 lol... top bloke and he will be missed, next time i walk in daughters room and i see that bear it wil lbring back memories
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart)   Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart) EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 7:16 pm

Yep it's Parkwood Crem Eclair.

If I may just add, Stuart's Mum is 91 and still drives (not very well I must add).

Behind the wheel, she is truly the British equivalent of Ma' Boggs (Orvilles Mum) in Every which way but loose!
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart)   Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart) EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 4:40 pm

There will be a minutes silence at tomorrows game as well as the players wearing black arm bands.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart)   Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart) EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 7:15 pm

The Funeral has been confirmed as Eclair's ealier post.
Family flowers only.
Back to top Go down
Eclair
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart)   Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart) EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 8:26 pm

Thanks Scott.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart)   Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart) EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 8:17 am

PG has very kindly sent a card to Stuarts family in behalf of everyone on www.giants.co.nr Many thanks for that mate .
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart)   Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart) EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 9:09 am

Thanks PG, a wonderful thought cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart)   Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart) Empty

Back to top Go down

Stuart Greaves (Big Stuart)
Page 1 of 1