Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Squad rotation for next 2 games

Go down 
+3
BO JANGLES
Pharmergibbs
ponner
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Squad rotation for next 2 games Empty
PostSubject: Squad rotation for next 2 games   Squad rotation for next 2 games EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 7:53 pm

Bearing in mind we've got 2 games coming up over a short space of time. Who would you rest and play for which games? Something to think about is that Catalans are well known to have a big strong pack and Salford tend to be better out wide than up the middle. Bear in mind that Mason should be back and Cudjoe. Drew and Fa'alogo are still around 2 weeks away.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Pharmergibbs
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Squad rotation for next 2 games   Squad rotation for next 2 games EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 8:19 pm

We need forwards for Catalan and am really hoping mason is back at some point over Easter, larne is fantastic but I think would benefit from a week off. Horne will come in this week I think, may have to be for wild, he limped off against saints and did not come back. When drew returns I honestly don't know where everyone will fit. Rotating the pack is a good thing but rotating halves and our creative core would not seem a good idea in my eyes. You need stability so they are used to playing with each other but we have so many creative players now, none deserve to miss out. Not that I am complaining, this squad is so talented and exciting.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Squad rotation for next 2 games   Squad rotation for next 2 games EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:11 am

I think we need our strongest side out against Catalan, both forwards and backs, we need to get back on track first job, For Salford and Cas we can afford to rotate forwards a bit , as both these sides are stronger in the backs than the forwards IMO. Catalan is usually a bruising game up front so a couple of forwards might need a rest. The thing is ,We have been congratulating ourselves for long enough about what a strong squad we have, Now's the time to see if we are as good as we think we are, I'm at a bit of a loss to see where Drew is going to fit in as well, With two young guys like Lunt and Robbo they should have the Hooking sewn up.

Drew can of course cover the SH position as well, and is a very good player to have in reserve, I would prefer not to have both him and robbo/Brough on the bench at the same time , especially against Catalan, I feel our backs can cope with all three teams well enough, It's the Forwards that are looking a bit vulnerable, but that's where most of our injuries are/have been.

To be honest I didn't think we had the team right against Saints, but when you have no inside info it's hard to say. All in all I trust N Brown to get it right.
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Squad rotation for next 2 games   Squad rotation for next 2 games EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:28 am

From last week I would guess at Mase for Patrick, Leroy for Grix, & Horne for Wild. [Although I feel really sorry for Grix.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Squad rotation for next 2 games   Squad rotation for next 2 games EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 12:01 pm

Ivor C&G Scarf wrote:
From last week I would guess at Mase for Patrick, Leroy for Grix, & Horne for Wild. [Although I feel really sorry for Grix.]

Wouldn't be surprised at that, Although myself i would keep Patrick, he has been going really well, He was a bit below par on Sunday but then so were most of the pack, I would put Raleigh back in the second row, I was one who was calling for him to be moved to prop but he doesn't look as effective down the middle.
Back to top Go down
Mable_syrup
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Squad rotation for next 2 games   Squad rotation for next 2 games EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 1:14 pm

Larne is good when the opposition are shattered, he is not a starting prop let alone 2nd row. He's still learning at the top level, id give him a game or 2 rest as mason has had an extra 7 weeks without playing so should be like a new player this season.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Squad rotation for next 2 games   Squad rotation for next 2 games EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 3:37 pm

We should play our strongest side possible for the Catalan game without risking those with too bad knocks. Then count the cost and get some keen fringe players in for the Salford game to show why they deserve a first team spot.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

PostSubject: Re: Squad rotation for next 2 games   Squad rotation for next 2 games EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:11 pm

Whoever NB puts wherever, lets just hope that there is more defensive effort than the drivvell we saw on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Squad rotation for next 2 games   Squad rotation for next 2 games Empty

Back to top Go down

Squad rotation for next 2 games
Page 1 of 1