Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fa'alogo- More to come!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Fa'alogo- More to come!! Empty
PostSubject: Fa'alogo- More to come!!   Fa'alogo- More to come!! EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 11:10 am

DAVID FA’ALOGO celebrated scoring a try on his Giants Super League debut against Bradford Bulls and today declared: “The best is yet to come!”

It was the dream start for the New Zealand World Cup winner, whose 44th-minute score on Friday proved crucial as Huddersfield notched a 24-12 opening-night triumph at the Galpharm.

But having spent much of pre-season in rehab following minor ankle and knee surgery, the 29-year-old back-row forward knows the celebrations can’t afford to last too long.

“Scoring the try was fantastic, something I wasn’t expecting, and getting the win was even better,” said the former South Sydney star.

“You always want to get off to a good start, and that victory will do us a lot of good.

“But I don’t think any of us will get too carried away, I certainly know I won’t, because I’m still no way near my best.

“With spending so much time in rehab, my fitness is still way off, and it’s something I need to spend a lot more time working on.

“Fortunately, now I’ve scored a try, I know I’ve got at least one less thing to worry about and I can concentrate more on the rugby and the fitness.

“Almost as soon as I got here I heard about this naked run the players have to do if they don’t score a try during the season. I can already stop thinking about that, which is fantastic.

“It’s just a case of getting myself fitter and continuing to get used to the different style of play in Super League. Once I’ve done that, then I know I’ll be able to offer the team a lot more.”

Fa’alogo does, however, believe the English style will suit his game.

“The supporters here are awesome,” he added. “I’d been told the atmosphere at games is fantastic and it’s in a different league to over in Australia.

“All the chanting is amazing. I could hear our fans throughout the game the other night, and it really is a great experience. It gives you a massive lift.

“Obviously, it’s early days, but when I get a couple more games under my belt I think I’ll start to adapt to the style in Super League, and then I can hopefully appreciate the crowds even more."

LINK
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Fa'alogo- More to come!!   Fa'alogo- More to come!! EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:49 pm

Great news!
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Fa'alogo- More to come!!   Fa'alogo- More to come!! EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 4:29 pm

Can't wait to see this!
Back to top Go down
giantsdjl
giantsdjl

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Fa'alogo- More to come!!   Fa'alogo- More to come!! EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 10:16 pm

he is just the best player i have seen for a while but laso i think he needs to celabrate more when he scores a try
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fa'alogo- More to come!!   Fa'alogo- More to come!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Fa'alogo- More to come!!
Page 1 of 1