Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Average attendance prediction

Go down 
+7
defleppard
Meltham Giant
Gem Bob
BO JANGLES
reidy
Mable_syrup
matt01
11 posters
AuthorMessage
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Average attendance prediction Empty
PostSubject: Average attendance prediction   Average attendance prediction EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 8:35 pm

Since our return to Super League we have generally seen a good increase in average attendance figures, however to get that extra mark for the franchise and to fill the coffers I am sure the club will be aiming for even better this season, so what do you think we will achieve?

Below are the averages since our return (taken from RLFANS.com stats)
2003 - 4722
2004 - 4362
2005 - 5383
2006 - 5898
2007 - 7087
2008 - 7820
2009 - 7647
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: Average attendance prediction   Average attendance prediction EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 8:40 pm

Personally I think we will get a moderate increase this season. Prices have gone up a bit which is bound to make life difficult, especially with the current economic climate. However we are now a much more successful club and should be winning more than we lose especially at home, therefore providing the club continue the other promotions that they have run in recent seasons, get into schools etc..., then I reckon it is reasonable to believe the club can manage a modest increase.

Hopefully we will break the 8000 mark.
Back to top Go down
Mable_syrup
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Average attendance prediction   Average attendance prediction EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 9:03 pm

7964....just under the 8000 for me
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: Average attendance prediction   Average attendance prediction EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 9:20 pm

Mable_syrup wrote:
7964....just under the 8000 for me
I'd be happy with that.

Ok, I will put an actual number of 8009.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Average attendance prediction   Average attendance prediction EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 9:44 pm

The marketing department are slipping with the promotions though imho.
They are meant to do schools, getting kids to drag their parents to games and they aren't doing it.
Get the kids on-board and the parents come kicking and screaming!
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: Average attendance prediction   Average attendance prediction EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 10:28 pm

reidy wrote:
The marketing department are slipping with the promotions though imho.
They are meant to do schools, getting kids to drag their parents to games and they aren't doing it.
Get the kids on-board and the parents come kicking and screaming!
I think they might be planning on improving in that area, see the link below.

Click here
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Average attendance prediction   Average attendance prediction EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 2:43 pm

I would think in view of the economy and the rise in price of ST from last year, I think the club will be well pleased if we get close to 8,000, It will help no end if we can get off to a good start, and equally it wont help if we get off to a bad one, but I'm sure the players , coach and everyone else is well aware of what they need to do. I was quite encouraged by what i saw at Cas , and i would be a lot more worried if i was a Cas fan.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: Average attendance prediction   Average attendance prediction EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 5:27 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
I would think in view of the economy and the rise in price of ST from last year, I think the club will be well pleased if we get close to 8,000, It will help no end if we can get off to a good start, and equally it wont help if we get off to a bad one, but I'm sure the players , coach and everyone else is well aware of what they need to do. I was quite encouraged by what i saw at Cas , and i would be a lot more worried if i was a Cas fan.
You might question the logic in increasing ticket prices when folks have less cash. I can understand the season tickets going up as they were exceptionally good value for money last season, but a freeze on walk up prices might encourage the casual fan.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Average attendance prediction   Average attendance prediction EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 6:02 pm

When we play Bradford next week its on Sky TV. I think the result from that game will have a big impact on our season this year.
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Average attendance prediction   Average attendance prediction EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 7:56 pm

Hope we get over 8000 as it will be a huge acheivement for the club. Last years performance and top 3 finish will hopefully improve our attendences on last year.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Average attendance prediction   Average attendance prediction EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 9:48 pm

They need to Matt, cos the previous incumbants were crap. Thewlis defended them to the hilt, even bordering on lying about them visiting schools, when they hadn't.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Average attendance prediction   Average attendance prediction EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 7:39 am

Visiting fans down 25% last year,recession obviously a lot to do with that, but maybe also the price of success is another factor now,less visitors are willing to travel as they are not so confident of their own teams chances.

Having a consistent winning home side should encourage more local floating fans to pay the walk up price,but that can be offset on other occasions by increased Sky TV coverage as they consistently show the top four sides late in the season.

Having Bradford on TV first up is a bonus,will still be a big crowd,then we have Wire,Leeds,Saints at home not on TV.Also later on Wigan at home not TV before Sky announce their next schedules.

Having said all that if we could show an increase on the 2008 figure that would have to be a positive.Maybe there will be an increase in interest from locals we weren't expecting and we could break that 8000 mark.
Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Average attendance prediction   Average attendance prediction EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 3:02 pm

l think Sky pushed our avarage down by a 1000 last year, already this season 2 local derby games are scheduled Bulls and Tigers that will probably knock 2000 off each game, lts nice to be chosen and seen on the box , but we really need our gates to go over the 10,000 mark and sky does not help.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Average attendance prediction   Average attendance prediction EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 3:13 pm

.....................but does Mr Murdoch give a fig????.......................

answers on a postcard (from Faro!!) Wink

c yer soon mate!
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: Average attendance prediction   Average attendance prediction EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 11:47 pm

I think falling short of 10,000 for an opening game against a local once big team in Bradford doesn't look too good. Ok it was Friday night and on SKY, but there were plenty of cheap tickets on offer. Still the win should hopefully mean plenty will come back for the next one and we all seem to know regulars who couldn't make it, so hopefully we can continue to push the average up.
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Average attendance prediction   Average attendance prediction EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 12:34 am

its the quins, catalans, crusaders games we need to promote and give away tickets or offer packages , some say expansion is good for the game, it certainly isnt good for the average attendance
Back to top Go down
anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Average attendance prediction   Average attendance prediction EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 11:36 am

Things like buy a ticket for one of the lesser games and get 1 free ticket for a Leeds, Saints, Warrington or Wigan game. We know we will get a good attendance at those matches anyway, but obviously nowhere near a sell out and so it is something we could afford to do if it brought up the attendance against the less fashionable sides.

I think ultimately we need to promote much more than we do, posters in and around town, on the back of buses, get the star players into the schools every week, run regular kids camps, players and coach fans forums, proper prize schemes, input in the end of season dvd, shirt designing competitions. To be fair the list is endless, just takes a bit of time and effort to put it in. Also, need to sort out some quality pre match entertainment. I hate that crap myself, but kids and the families lap it up and it makes it feel like more of a night out for the fans.

Anyway, on an average I would say we'll pull in just over 7,000.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Average attendance prediction   Average attendance prediction EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 3:02 pm

Mark, I think that Anwar has a massive point here. Have a word in yer mates shell-like will ya..... Wink
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Average attendance prediction   Average attendance prediction EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 4:10 pm

Thing is Scott, that's just the tip of the iceberg. I know that if things are done right on and off the pitch and Town keep pooping around in league 1, the Giants could easily become the number one sporting attraction in Hudds.

Advertising is massive, we need to have a much greater presence in the Town. A giant picture of Eorl charging at the line printed onto the side of a building, the uni for example...they are partners after all. Getting the kids involved is critical, give them signed t-shirts, hats, posters...get the lads into schools regurarly giving hands on training to the youngsters showing them what the game is all about....making it fun.

Promote, promote, promote! Get local business involved, get shops to change the theme inside to claret and gold...speak with the train station....get them to put home of the giants underneath the Huddersfield sign. In a way it is like a form of brainwashing, but given time it'll work. If we leave all this until Town reach the Premiership then it will be too late and Rugby League will be the losers.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Average attendance prediction   Average attendance prediction EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 4:46 pm

Ere mate, I ain't disagreein wi' ya. In fact you are preaching to the converted!
The Giants promotional team have done things on the cheap the last few years and basically tried to attract new spectators by sticking a few trailers at the side of the road and calling it job done, either that or contacting current season ticket holders.

Why the hell should current season ticket holders be responsible for drawing crowds? That is their job, end of.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Average attendance prediction   Average attendance prediction Empty

Back to top Go down

Average attendance prediction
Page 1 of 1