Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Merchandise? Where is it?

Go down 
+11
Ivor C&G Scarf
washy
matt01
penninegiant
adelaide-giant.no9
Eclair
FLYINGPROP
dannablue
Clock-Face-Giant
reidy
joek
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Merchandise? Where is it? Empty
PostSubject: Merchandise? Where is it?   Merchandise? Where is it? EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 3:04 pm

Am shocked at the lack of new gear! What are they doing? They are losing out on a lot of money at xmas. Very disappointed here.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise? Where is it?   Merchandise? Where is it? EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 3:36 pm

Same here pal.
Back to top Go down
Clock-Face-Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Clock-Face-Giant

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise? Where is it?   Merchandise? Where is it? EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 12:38 am

Got josh quite a few bits from the shop, pjamas chocolate etc but the difference between the Giants merchandise and the Saints shop is just bewildering.
Loads more stuff there was christmas shopping there for my wife josh stood in there loud and proud in his giants hat and declared i don,t like saints me i like giants!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise? Where is it?   Merchandise? Where is it? EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:29 am

Clock-Face-Giant wrote:
Got josh quite a few bits from the shop, pjamas chocolate etc but the difference between the Giants merchandise and the Saints shop is just bewildering.
Loads more stuff there was christmas shopping there for my wife josh stood in there loud and proud in his giants hat and declared i don,t like saints me i like giants!!!!!!

Good lad...like to see his pride shining for all to see Smile
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise? Where is it?   Merchandise? Where is it? EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 10:27 pm

Go into the club shop and loads of Town stuff, does anyone else think we lose out a little with sharing the shop?
Back to top Go down
Eclair
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise? Where is it?   Merchandise? Where is it? EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 11:24 pm

I tried to buy 2 fleeces in adult sizes for Christmas presents, but NONE were available in either shop. As far as I remember there were no sweatshirts/jackets/coats either. Wouldn't these winter items have been good to have in the shops for Christmas? It's not as if the design changes year by year...just claret with the club badge, and they'd sell every year ....or am I expecting too much?
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise? Where is it?   Merchandise? Where is it? EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 11:29 pm

No your not expecting too much. It's bad management and nowt else.
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise? Where is it?   Merchandise? Where is it? EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 12:26 am

we just need more casual type items, i used to see loads of fc fans wearing really nice polo shirts when they came to the mc
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise? Where is it?   Merchandise? Where is it? EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 1:33 am

......................and I used to think I was the whingeing Pom!! Very Happy Very Happy

................sadly though --youre RIGHT! Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise? Where is it?   Merchandise? Where is it? EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 9:07 am

Each year leading up to Christmas I go in the club shops for ideas for presents and come out disappointed or at best with a mouse mat. It is an area the club need to improve on, yet it is better than it was, not saying much though. If we have ambitions of being as big as the likes of Leeds then we need to act like it in as many ways as possible. The club have lost out on revenue due to not getting merchandise out early enough, not having enough to choose from or even not properly stocking familiar items and the sad thing is they do this nearly every year.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise? Where is it?   Merchandise? Where is it? EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 10:04 am

I have emailed the club for their view on it guys. Watch this space!!!!

Smile
Back to top Go down
Clock-Face-Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Clock-Face-Giant

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise? Where is it?   Merchandise? Where is it? EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 12:39 pm

FLYINGPROP wrote:
Go into the club shop and loads of Town stuff, does anyone else think we lose out a little with sharing the shop?

I think this is a lot of the problem 2 shops and because there is a lot more town merchandise it takes over (or appears to) leaving less room for any new Giants lines they may be looking at.

Maybe the answer is one of the shops sells town merchandise with a minimal Giants stock (as both shops are now)and the other shop is primarily a Giants superstore with a lot more lines in (If anybody from the club shop is reading this go scout other club shops you can get nearly anything in a clubs colours these days)that has a minimal town section
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise? Where is it?   Merchandise? Where is it? EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 1:13 pm

I was in the town shop the other week when a couple came in looking at Town gear...they said they were disappointed with the range!!!

If they feel that way with the 3/4 of a shop space they take up then how must they think we feel!

I agree this year our shop has been very sparce of gift ideas. I ended up buying Eorl Testimonial Merchandise as presents instead.
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise? Where is it?   Merchandise? Where is it? EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 2:45 pm

Yes this is a gripe with Town fans as well even though their range covers more of the shops which in their narrow mindedness is catered for the larger and more money generating following.

I agree though that the giants merchandise is pathetic, I didn't even bother with the shop for christmas presents and remember with the Wembley appearance there was nothing other than t shirts and overpriced flags.

The thing is both clubs are reluctant to bring in merchandise as they are uncertain what will be popular so don't want to make the initial outlay if they may not sell.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise? Where is it?   Merchandise? Where is it? EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 5:23 pm

Perhaps the clubs ought to do a survey of fans asking them what items they would buy and /or like to see for sale, at least that way they could cater for the masses?? Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise? Where is it?   Merchandise? Where is it? EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 7:47 pm

Yes, i think we should all email the club expressing our concerns.
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise? Where is it?   Merchandise? Where is it? EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 11:21 am

i can understand the club not wanting to risknew items and making a loss, but to delay selling stuff like away shirts is just stupid, or is it just to prove that the new home shirt is so popular because it has sold well.. but people have had to buy the home shirt rather than the away shirt so sales would automaticall be higher because of lack of choice?

i havnt received them yet, but the players training vests from last season would sell great in the summmer, people going abroad would buy them to wear on beach and as they are only vests they would not cost too much
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise? Where is it?   Merchandise? Where is it? EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 12:01 pm

adelaide-giant.no9 wrote:
and as they are only vests they would not cost too much

!!!Ha ha!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise? Where is it?   Merchandise? Where is it? EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 12:23 pm

Ivor C&G Scarf wrote:

!!!Ha ha!!!

the vests that washy go for me were only a iver each from the club shop.. granted they were selling them off as they were unused training vests
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise? Where is it?   Merchandise? Where is it? EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 12:28 pm

Ivor C&G Scarf wrote:

!!!Ha ha!!!

the vests that washy go for me were only a iver each from the club shop.. granted they were selling them off as they were unused training vests

Who wrote this for ya Charles, Orman Collier? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise? Where is it?   Merchandise? Where is it? EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 12:37 pm

i blame the vb lol
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise? Where is it?   Merchandise? Where is it? EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 2:17 pm

Oh, been on the sauce have we lol???? Wink
Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise? Where is it?   Merchandise? Where is it? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 2:10 pm

l have always found the shops to be very pro Town, and have a very negative attitude towards the Giants, a few years back some old bat was quite hostile when i remarked on the lack of Giants gear, we should all drop James a line Evil or Very Mad Merchandise? Where is it? 21033
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise? Where is it?   Merchandise? Where is it? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 10:07 pm

in years gone by though fartown had very poor crowds and obviously our shop sales would have been very small compared to towns
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise? Where is it?   Merchandise? Where is it? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 12:40 am

reidy wrote:
I have emailed the club for their view on it guys. Watch this space!!!!

Smile

Did you get anything back? Im quite curious about what they have to say about this
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Merchandise? Where is it?   Merchandise? Where is it? Empty

Back to top Go down

Merchandise? Where is it?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next