Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reaction to Bradford game

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Reaction to Bradford game Empty
PostSubject: Reaction to Bradford game   Reaction to Bradford game EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 10:27 pm

So, a case of dusting ourselves off and starting afresh against Saints next week. Have to say I felt Finnigan and definately Lawrence should have been starting the game tonight. It was so obvious that the semi had taken so much out of the lads and in all honesty I think we could have even included a couple of the star performers from the academy side to step in tonight and prove themselves.

My main worry now is that Wild may not be fit for the final, apparently he did some damage to his knee. Let's hope common sense prevails and Moore gets off with a warning and nothing more.

Cudjoe really annoyed me today, his tackling was embarrasing. I think he could be a real liability against a pacey player like Penny or Hicks, having said that he does offer alot going forward.

All in all a very flat performance, back to our best against Saints next week!
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Reaction to Bradford game   Reaction to Bradford game EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 10:32 pm

A fair few let themselves down in the first half, not their usual high standard. However they, picked things up in the second half. Lets hope Wild is ok after the knock, but unfortunately this happens in RL, the price they pay for playing the greatest game.

I hope they pick things up for the Saints game as another below par performance could knock their confidence going into the final.

I agree that I was surprised not to see Finnegan and Lawrence in the line ups.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Reaction to Bradford game   Reaction to Bradford game EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 10:34 pm

To be honest I was half expecting this tonight. Every year we see a team who wins in the semi final play garbage for the weeks building up to the final. They were very flat in the first half but normal service resumed in the 2nd half as we kept them tryless and we stepped up a gear but left the mountain too high to climb to win the game.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Reaction to Bradford game   Reaction to Bradford game EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 10:36 pm

ponner wrote:
To be honest I was half expecting this tonight. Every year we see a team who wins in the semi final play garbage for the weeks building up to the final. They were very flat in the first half but normal service resumed in the 2nd half as we kept them tryless and we stepped up a gear but left the mountain too high to climb to win the game.
yeah, so did I, just hoped it would be different for us
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Reaction to Bradford game   Reaction to Bradford game EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:11 pm

Yea If you look at all the teams involved in the semis bar Wigan they all struggled this weekend.

Damn, first half we almost made Bradford look good!
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Reaction to Bradford game   Reaction to Bradford game EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:33 pm

Who else went mad when Eorl got his hair pulled right under the touch judges nose by Tadulala and he got sweet FA for it? All he got was a little talking to by Bentham! That was a blatent professional foul and should have been put on report at least but wasn't! Hope the Board don't over look it because if they do they need there heads banging together! There was no need for it at all!
Back to top Go down
sadu
Ballboy
Ballboy
sadu

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Reaction to Bradford game   Reaction to Bradford game EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 12:36 am

Bradford got lucky to get us after that semi final, but they played well on the whole and were also blessed with a ref that was blind to their forward passes/grapple tackle/the hair pulling...nasty behaviour generally. I was and still am fuming with that so called ref. Mad

Can't belive NB put out so many of the guys who worked so hard last week like lolesi, leaving them vunerable to being injured really :S what was he thinking? Hope it has some good point to it... I just can't see what it could have been. Neutral

I think we played quite well for a very battered & bruised team.
They did very well to keep Bulls from scoring in the 2nd half.
Poor guys looked so deflated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reaction to Bradford game   Reaction to Bradford game Empty

Back to top Go down

Reaction to Bradford game
Page 1 of 1