Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who can we invite TWO!!

Go down 
+3
Mandy Giants Fan
ponner
penninegiant
7 posters
AuthorMessage
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Who can we invite TWO!! Empty
PostSubject: Who can we invite TWO!!   Who can we invite TWO!! EmptyFri May 30, 2008 9:41 pm

Just a thought I had -similar to Charlies I think - (which must prove that "between us " there must be something resembling a "brain"!!!)

How about inviting some of the decent posters from other clubs (and there are some who PM me regular ) who CAN take a bit o fun - and will argue / discuss without a full fish shop on their shoulders !!

Open up the points of view etc --and we can still "get shut " if they decide to play dirty !

Thoughts??
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Who can we invite TWO!!   Who can we invite TWO!! EmptyFri May 30, 2008 9:57 pm

Who do you suggest? The problem is that the bigger we get, the greater the chance of being busted and the forum being mentioned to people we'd rather not have. At the end of the day though they won't be able to post unless i activate their account.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Mandy Giants Fan
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Mandy Giants Fan

Number of posts : 838
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Who can we invite TWO!!   Who can we invite TWO!! EmptyFri May 30, 2008 10:13 pm

Big Al1, Mutley cat and Snowie are great lads, but up to you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Who can we invite TWO!!   Who can we invite TWO!! EmptyFri May 30, 2008 10:20 pm

I'm dubious. I'm not keen on certain people getting access on here.
We're having a bit 'o' banter and some tongue in cheek stuff between mates and fellow fans, without the added twist of certain cronies and their ridicule and vile behaviour.

Look at things from this point of view, there are ladies on here that were subjected to disgusting comments and PM's on the other forum. This prevented them from being able to air freedom of speech for one reason and another.

Since Mark was gracious enough to put this great forum together, the ladies in question have found the courage to find their voices and post, just as they are entitled to and rightly so. They submit great entries and very valid POV's.
I personally would like to put forward some gallantry and champion this very cause.

We can still see what fans from other clubs say on RLFans, but I personally would leave them there and keep this little gem as an elite.
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Who can we invite TWO!!   Who can we invite TWO!! EmptyFri May 30, 2008 10:24 pm

Personally I sometimes feel like dropping teasing hints on RLF!

They're going to find out eventually, so yes, I'm in favour of 'foreigners' being allowed on. As you say, Ponner, you have total control of the destruct button.

I can't remember, do we have to give our names when registering? In other words could they regisrter without you knowing who they are?
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Who can we invite TWO!!   Who can we invite TWO!! EmptyFri May 30, 2008 10:40 pm

If they do - they can still be got rid of if stirring / objectionable, cant they?? !!
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Who can we invite TWO!!   Who can we invite TWO!! EmptyFri May 30, 2008 10:45 pm

Too easy to make an 'assumed' email address imho.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Who can we invite TWO!!   Who can we invite TWO!! EmptySat May 31, 2008 12:39 am

Ivor C&G Scarf wrote:

I can't remember, do we have to give our names when registering? In other words could they regisrter without you knowing who they are?
When i receive the email it says something like. Username 'Joe bloggs' has requested an account from joebloggs@yahoo.co.uk. Click below to activate account.

Think there's only chaplin so far i've been wary of so asked on here who'd recommended them and if they were known by anyone.
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Who can we invite TWO!!   Who can we invite TWO!! EmptySat May 31, 2008 12:48 am

can you read the forum if you arent a member ???

on rlfans you can read it all day without signing up , but on the darkside you have to sign up just to look at the site , i think people should be allowed to see at least some of the site before they have to sign up
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Who can we invite TWO!!   Who can we invite TWO!! EmptySat May 31, 2008 1:13 am

adelaide-giant.no9 wrote:
can you read the forum if you arent a member ???

on rlfans you can read it all day without signing up , but on the darkside you have to sign up just to look at the site , i think people should be allowed to see at least some of the site before they have to sign up
I'm sure i set it up so that nobody can view this message board until they've been activated by me. That way, what is said on here stays on here Laughing
RLFans is great for anyone to go on and post when they've registered allowing them to go on the other teams forums to extract the urine. The brownnose site is ok if you all agree with each other without questioning anyones knowledge. Then there's this one that a large group of friendly people can chat and exchange views on and even if they don't agree, world war 3 won't break out.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Who can we invite TWO!!   Who can we invite TWO!! EmptySat May 31, 2008 7:01 pm

You did Mark.
No-one can see it without being approved.
Back to top Go down
cagmartian

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: chaplin   Who can we invite TWO!! EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 6:28 pm

ponner wrote:
Ivor C&G Scarf wrote:

When i receive the email it says something like. Username 'Joe bloggs' has requested an account from joebloggs@yahoo.co.uk. Click below to activate account.

Think there's only chaplin so far i've been wary of so asked on here who'd recommended them and if they were known by anyone.

Blame me ponner
gave the url to Chaplin. he's an old (very) mate of mine who likes to keep up with a sensible scene about the club.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who can we invite TWO!!   Who can we invite TWO!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Who can we invite TWO!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: Giants Forum-
Jump to: