Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Todays Game

Go down 
+13
Ivor C&G Scarf
Meltham Giant
FLYINGPROP
defleppard
BO JANGLES
reidy
Gem Bob
JudgeB
Giant-Dragon
ponner
matt01
anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf
batley giant
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
batley giant
batley giant

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Todays Game Empty
PostSubject: Todays Game   Todays Game EmptySun May 17, 2009 4:06 pm

totally out played by a side that looked fitter and wanted it more you could tell that they played a full team last week in the cup i also believe we need a stand off nothing against kb but we lack someboby who can control a game
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Todays Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Game   Todays Game EmptySun May 17, 2009 4:37 pm

Okay, I haven't posted in a while and haven't really been keeping my ear to the ground with all things Giants of late either...but what was todays team selection about? Where was B Hodgson, Lawrence, Griffin, Finnigan? We just looked so flat out there and very suspect in defence, especially first half when our positioning was a sham. On the other hand I thought Salford were very organised and focused throughout. How good was their support given the small numbers they brought today, thought they were a credit to their team.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Todays Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Game   Todays Game EmptySun May 17, 2009 4:42 pm

batley giant wrote:
totally out played by a side that looked fitter and wanted it more you could tell that they played a full team last week in the cup i also believe we need a stand off nothing against kb but we lack someboby who can control a game
I don't think you can say our lads didn't want it. If they didn't want it then why bother to form scrums quickly etc..., we just lacked ideas. The forwards built the platform, but our backs didn't capitalise on it. Too many silly penalties given away, silly passes, too many knock ons and far too predictable. Salford knew we were going to kick to the corners and were ready for it each time, so did we try something different, NO. Myler was coming out of the line looking for an interception that he eventually got, did we ever take advantage of the space he left, only once when Whatuira made the break in the first half. Our plays are predictable and any coach worth his salt will have planned to nullify us and thats exactly what Salford did. We need to expand our game plan, we need some spark in the key positions and our three quarters need to regain the form they have shown in the past.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Todays Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Game   Todays Game EmptySun May 17, 2009 4:44 pm

anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf wrote:
Okay, I haven't posted in a while and haven't really been keeping my ear to the ground with all things Giants of late either...but what was todays team selection about? Where was B Hodgson, Lawrence, Griffin, Finnigan? We just looked so flat out there and very suspect in defence, especially first half when our positioning was a sham. On the other hand I thought Salford were very organised and focused throughout. How good was their support given the small numbers they brought today, thought they were a credit to their team.
Credit to Salford, they defended well, made very few errors and exploited our mistakes.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Todays Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Game   Todays Game EmptySun May 17, 2009 4:49 pm

Salford played well but to be fair we made them look good. I left 10 mins before the end cos why should I bother stopping to watch a half arsed set of guys who couldn't have beaten a pub side today.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Todays Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Game   Todays Game EmptySun May 17, 2009 5:00 pm

yeah we were awful today
but what hissed me off the most is the home 'fans' who started booing the team and walking out early.. im sorry but thats out of order...ok we were bad but still if you were a proper fan you'd stay till the end regardless of the weather etc!
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
JudgeB
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
JudgeB

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Todays Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Game   Todays Game EmptySun May 17, 2009 5:02 pm

My thoughts on today's team, their performance and future in some cases

Cudjoe - tried but failed - in my opinion will not make a SL full back. Could be a strong winger if he had any pace.
Aspinwall - seems to have lost his way, offered little today, lacks pace
Jammer - not a centre, defensively weak today by being too far in front of the line and leaving gaps.
Whatuira - never made any space nor passed the ball to his winger
Hodgson - tried today but seems to have lost pace and needs a centre loke Gidley.
Brown - not a half back today, lost his way since growing his hair! gave no direction around the park and the first penalty kick to touch - jesus wept
Robinson - busy but drifted out of game too much, ditto Brown re direction
Mason - made good yards but perhaps needs to look for offloads
Moore - fallen away last few games, can't see Saints wanting him to replace Cunningham at the moment. Some awful passes today.
Korkidas - not fit, lacks interest - time to go - and 15 minutes on the field is not acceptable
Patrick - a trier but not yet ready to play in a poor side, offered little today.
Wild - hard worker and industrious but I would have him at centre
Lunt - class player of the future but at loose forward just wasn't in the game

Eorl - offered much when on the field but used too sparingly for me today
Faiumu - ditto Lunt, needs to be at dummy half to be at his best
Kirmond - 100% grafter with go forward, one silly pass today
Jackson - grafter but needs more to his game, i.e. offloads

Collectively that was one of the worst team performance for many years by a Fartown side of which so much has become expected of .
We desperatly miss Raleigh, we missed Brett today and we need Fulton back.
Next year we need a controlling half back as well, a new mogrel prop forward and some pace on the flanks.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Todays Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Game   Todays Game EmptySun May 17, 2009 5:03 pm

Giant-Dragon wrote:
yeah we were awful today
but what hissed me off the most is the home 'fans' who started booing the team and walking out early.. im sorry but thats out of order...ok we were bad but still if you were a proper fan you'd stay till the end regardless of the weather etc!
Not out of order at all if they can't be bothered then why should i? If they'd have given their all and still lost i'd have stayed to the end but today they deserved no applause. Sorry i'm not a true fan missing 2 home games in 36 years. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Todays Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Game   Todays Game EmptySun May 17, 2009 5:05 pm

17 errors.

Salford made their first error (of 3) at 63 minutes.

That was the difference today.
Back to top Go down
JudgeB
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
JudgeB

Todays Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Game   Todays Game EmptySun May 17, 2009 5:07 pm

Giant-Dragon wrote:
yeah we were awful today

Agreed, the booing was a touch too far despite this being the worst performance for a long time. No
I stayed to the end although I was not prepared to clap them off today so made a quick exit on the hooter.
At least it was easy getting out as I reckon that more than half the crowd had left before the end. Sad
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Todays Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Game   Todays Game EmptySun May 17, 2009 7:25 pm

We were pants.
We didn't play as a team.
We had no direction.
Our passing ability was zero.
We deserved to lose.

I don't agree with the booing, but can totally understand fans frustration.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

Todays Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Game   Todays Game EmptySun May 17, 2009 7:30 pm

It's a long time since i left 10 minutes early , Although i draw the line at booing, If i was K Davy i would be tempted to walk away from that lot, We have in the space of half a dozen games gone from being a good side playing some decent football to a very poor side playing dross, That was by far the worst show i have seen from any team this season including the NL games. The first offload that i saw was by Eorl when he came on ,and i think we had two more in the whole game, What the Giants need is to play on a field 25 yards wide cause they play 95% of the time up the middle of the field, five one up carries and a kick, on the odd occasion they do spread the ball it is so slow and rarely gets past the centres who almost always turn it back inside.
Today was a disgrace by anybodies standards, Salford won that without even breaking sweat, they are a bog standard side with no special players, we on the other hand with our International and high earning stars can't even play basic rugby, We have forwards that dont offload, we have forwards who dont even try to get into position to offload, not that there would be anyone there to pass too, we have centre's who never pass until they are absolutely bound, and a stand off who is so short of pace, and is so casual he cant find touch at 10 yards , It's a joke.

I fear the absolute worst for the next 3 weeks at least, I hope K Davy gets the whole lot of em together from N Brown down and demands to know what the F*&% is going on, cause if that is the best they can come up with after all the time and money he has put in , then he is better calling it a day,

I will just hold myself in readiness for all the crap in the Examiner this week, about how it isn't good enough , how disappointed they are , how they cant wait for the next game to put it right, I thought we had moved on from all that garbage, but then i thought we had moved on from the total ineptitude that we witnessed today, 7,000 turned out to watch that rubbish today, I for one wont be going to Wakey nor will i be going down for the CC match either, When they start playing like a highly paid professional team i will turn out to watch them, until then they can stuff it.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Todays Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Game   Todays Game EmptySun May 17, 2009 7:37 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
It's a long time since i left 10 minutes early , Although i draw the line at booing, If i was K Davy i would be tempted to walk away from that lot, We have in the space of half a dozen games gone from being a good side playing some decent football to a very poor side playing dross, That was by far the worst show i have seen from any team this season including the NL games. The first offload that i saw was by Eorl when he came on ,and i think we had two more in the whole game, What the Giants need is to play on a field 25 yards wide cause they play 95% of the time up the middle of the field, five one up carries and a kick, on the odd occasion they do spread the ball it is so slow and rarely gets past the centres who almost always turn it back inside.
Today was a disgrace by anybodies standards, Salford won that without even breaking sweat, they are a bog standard side with no special players, we on the other hand with our International and high earning stars can't even play basic rugby, We have forwards that dont offload, we have forwards who dont even try to get into position to offload, not that there would be anyone there to pass too, we have centre's who never pass until they are absolutely bound, and a stand off who is so short of pace, and is so casual he cant find touch at 10 yards , It's a joke.

I fear the absolute worst for the next 3 weeks at least, I hope K Davy gets the whole lot of em together from N Brown down and demands to know what the F*&% is going on, cause if that is the best they can come up with after all the time and money he has put in , then he is better calling it a day,

I will just hold myself in readiness for all the crap in the Examiner this week, about how it isn't good enough , how disappointed they are , how they cant wait for the next game to put it right, I thought we had moved on from all that garbage, but then i thought we had moved on from the total ineptitude that we witnessed today, 7,000 turned out to watch that rubbish today, I for one wont be going to Wakey nor will i be going down for the CC match either, When they start playing like a highly paid professional team i will turn out to watch them, until then they can stuff it.

Smile

Spot on mate. Brilliant post.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Todays Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Game   Todays Game EmptySun May 17, 2009 7:40 pm

Gem Bob wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:

Smile

Spot on mate. Brilliant post.

And there were players out there Gem who some people have been saying should be picked for England Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JudgeB
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
JudgeB

Todays Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Game   Todays Game EmptySun May 17, 2009 7:42 pm

I bought tickets for the cup game before today's shambles Sad

Offers considered
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Todays Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Game   Todays Game EmptySun May 17, 2009 8:07 pm

first thing to say is that ken davy has divorced himself from chavball,he no longer has to get sidetracked by that crap and there our club fans who should reaklly be in lunatic asylums

what n brown thinks he can achieve by playing three hookers only he knbows,lunt looked totally lost

the turning point was that brown pen not makinfg touch salford visibly lifted on the back of that

our forwards lacked enthusiasm right from the start line like a dogs hind leg right from start only moved up one line at staret of second half but that dint last

one of the worst efforts since i dont know when going back to the days befdore t smith got us our first win

n brown has got to get a grip they are not coming out to play tough anymore
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Todays Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Game   Todays Game EmptySun May 17, 2009 8:17 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:

Ok, well I really disagree with you stating that Salford are bog standard and do not have any special players. A bog standard side does not beat the champions on their own turf....my God if that makes them bog standard, then what the hell are we?!? Also I think Salford have some wonderfully talented players such as Alker, Myler, Talau, Cashmere and Ratchford (one for the future there if todays performance is anything to go by). Unfortunately it seems like these so called 'revolution' season tickets are looking more and more like a complete and utter rip off with each passing home game otherwise known as DEFEAT!
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Todays Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Game   Todays Game EmptySun May 17, 2009 8:22 pm

Mate the whole team are so bad you just dont know where to start, The pack today should have had a field day, but the only thing they managed was one up football, I bet Jackson for example can't remember the last time he tried to offload a pass, Not that I'm singling him out cause the whole team are dire and have been for the last few games, What the hell N Brown has in his head at the moment god Knows, but today was starting to remind me of " you know who " and i draw the line at that.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Todays Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Game   Todays Game EmptySun May 17, 2009 8:28 pm

I'm sorry to be one who disagrees but:-

We should not be booing the team today, we should have been lifting the roof to try get behind them, We have played garbage today and the players will be the first to admit it, but hearing shouts for Sharp back is verging on the ridiculous.

The atmosphere at the Galpharm is absolute sh*te and I bet the players really hate playing there cos I'm damn sure I would, we seem to Chant Fartown Fartown and thats it for the rest of the match, it's ridiculous and every team we have played have provided a better atmosphere for their team even the 3 from Harlequins!!!!

The gameplan has been worked out now as it has for the last few weeks, teams are no longer gonna allow our forwards to boss them down the middle and we just don't have the creativity from the halves to make something happen.

Where was the little chip over the top, where was the passing along the line to put the wingers in at the corners, too much 1 man rugby up the middle, very slow at that.

Every kick off we did after a try went to the same person until the last 7 mins when we tried a short kick off, we need more imagination and lack speed, the other disapointing thing is our defence which was awesome has gone to pot last 5-6 games.

All that said I stayed at the end and clapped the team as I always do win, lose or draw, I am happy to greet em and get autographs for the kids when we won so will do exactly the same when we lose.

Lets not forget going and being beaten at Runcorn, Nottingham, Carlisle and the likes, everyone of us has a bad day at the office!!!!

We all pay our money and can do as we like but Fartown fans have never ever booed their team as far as I can remember.

Very Very dissapointed all round today both on and off the pitch!!!! Sad
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Todays Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Game   Todays Game EmptySun May 17, 2009 8:33 pm

Listen I agree with what you are saying regarding how the Giants are performing, I just feel it is wrong to take anything away from Salford today. As the old saying goes you can only beat what's put in front of you, and the reds did and well.

Jackson has been a good servant to the club, but he's not top quality. Neither is Aspy, Cudjoe, Whatuira, Lolesi, Korkidas, Brown, Robinson. The sad truth is we do not have the type of players in key positions that you need to seriously mount a challenge to the top two. I was slightly baffled (actually totally bemused) by Nathan's selection for todays game, maybe one or two regulars had slight knocks, but I just had a bad feeling right from the off...especially when I saw we didn't have Brett out there.

It's a bit grim at the moment, but I'm trying to remain upbeat. Don't underestimate just what a huge impact that stuffing by the Whinos had on the lads who up until then were loking like world beaters.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Todays Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Game   Todays Game EmptySun May 17, 2009 8:34 pm

FLYINGPROP wrote:

We should not be booing the team today, we should have been lifting the roof to try get behind them, We have played garbage today and the players will be the first to admit it, but hearing shouts for Sharp back is verging on the ridiculous.

The atmosphere at the Galpharm is absolute sh*te and I bet the players really hate playing there cos I'm damn sure I would, we seem to Chant Fartown Fartown and thats it for the rest of the match, it's ridiculous and every team we have played have provided a better atmosphere for their team even the 3 from Harlequins!!!!

The gameplan has been worked out now as it has for the last few weeks, teams are no longer gonna allow our forwards to boss them down the middle and we just don't have the creativity from the halves to make something happen.

Where was the little chip over the top, where was the passing along the line to put the wingers in at the corners, too much 1 man rugby up the middle, very slow at that.

Every kick off we did after a try went to the same person until the last 7 mins when we tried a short kick off, we need more imagination and lack speed, the other disapointing thing is our defence which was awesome has gone to pot last 5-6 games.

All that said I stayed at the end and clapped the team as I always do win, lose or draw, I am happy to greet em and get autographs for the kids when we won so will do exactly the same when we lose.

Lets not forget going and being beaten at Runcorn, Nottingham, Carlisle and the likes, everyone of us has a bad day at the office!!!!

We all pay our money and can do as we like but Fartown fans have never ever booed their team as far as I can remember.

Rugtby league is a two way sport mate.

The players play and the fans watch. Today we turned up, bothered our arses to rush down a Sunday dinner, drive to the game, find a parking space, pay in, and spent 80 minutes watching a team we do this week in week out for.

Today the players might have well not bothered turning up. It was pathetic.
You know i agree with 99% of what you say, but to suggest we should have got behind the team today when they clearly could not have give less of a you know what if they tried is ridiculous.

They deserve to be singled out and ridiculed for the pathetic attempt at rugby league they could be bothered to muster up today.
Back to top Go down
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Todays Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Game   Todays Game EmptySun May 17, 2009 8:42 pm

FLYINGPROP wrote:

Bang on, the Galpharm has about as much atmosphere as a library on Christmas day. We really need to sort that side of things out, because we appear to other teams supporters as a bunch of prawn sandwich eating wimps who wouldn't say boo to a goose never mind lifting the roof off in support of their side. Salford outsung/cheered/clapped/whatever us today and given their numbers that was just totally unacceptable.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Todays Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Game   Todays Game EmptySun May 17, 2009 8:43 pm

anwar1983huddersfieldwhuf wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:

Ok, well I really disagree with you stating that Salford are bog standard and do not have any special players. A bog standard side does not beat the champions on their own turf....my God if that makes them bog standard, then what the hell are we?!? Also I think Salford have some wonderfully talented players such as Alker, Myler, Talau, Cashmere and Ratchford (one for the future there if todays performance is anything to go by). Unfortunately it seems like these so called 'revolution' season tickets are looking more and more like a complete and utter rip off with each passing home game otherwise known as DEFEAT!

Salford have a couple of players for the future i agree, but as a team they are pretty run of the mill as their league position shows, CC beat Bradford today, doesn't make them anything other than ordinary.I am not trying to detract from their performance today , they did nothing out of the ordinary ,but then they didn't need to, all they needed to do was play basic error free football ,And as for what that makes us, well our side probably cost half as much again as Salford ,so i guess that answers your question. I know what you mean about season tickets, You could give them away free and you wont get people to go and watch dross like that. I have watched Huddersfield a long time ( like some others on here ) and i have seen them get some real drubbings, and cheered and clapped them off the field because they have given their all, and have been absolutely knackered. Today was for me not acceptable and i wont be going again until they start to put in a decent performance again, I dont care about what the tickets cost me, I have better things to do with my time than watch claptrap like that.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Todays Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Game   Todays Game EmptySun May 17, 2009 8:47 pm

there was not even one big hit by any of our forwards knocking a salford player on his back or two and three into the tackle driving a salford player back

nothing to get the crowd fired up it was weak and dismal

salford pack realised we were soft and could not believe there luck
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Todays Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Game   Todays Game EmptySun May 17, 2009 8:49 pm

Sorry mate but we will have to agree to disagree, Saints when getting beaten by Bradford were Pants but didn't hear no booing, just their fans trying to lift the team when they needed it most.

Catalans when getting hammered by Bradford had their army of fans chanting after half time it raised the team and we know the outcome.

Players sometimes react to the atmosphere (or LACK of) and that may explain our home form!!! it's like a morgue unless your stood under the sticks in front of the away end

Bet there is a mad scramble at the end to clap the guys off and shake their hands at the end of the game, if we manage to get a gameplan and beat Cas, unlikely after todays poor showing I know.

IMHO you either behind the team or you not can't just support em when they are winning!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Todays Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todays Game   Todays Game Empty

Back to top Go down

Todays Game
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next