Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Major signing this week

Go down 
+14
CJ
Meltham Giant
FLYINGPROP
Lee
Old School
joek
defleppard
bostock
BO JANGLES
Sammy Stripes
adelaide-giant.no9
reidy
Gem Bob
ponner
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Major signing this week Empty
PostSubject: Major signing this week   Major signing this week EmptyMon May 11, 2009 7:10 pm

Apparently we are due to announce a major signing this week for next season. Who would you like to see us sign if you could have anyone from oversees?
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Major signing this week   Major signing this week EmptyMon May 11, 2009 7:35 pm

This is what really bugs me about our club. Everyone knows (or at least is 99%) that it is Fien.

But if i could sign anyone id bring in Isreal Folau.

In know that most would say Lockyer but id rather see us sign a young prospect with plenty of years left in him and keen to impress. Rather than a player with only a season or two left and just here for the money, because one thing is for sure, Lockyer wouldn't come for the weather.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Major signing this week   Major signing this week EmptyMon May 11, 2009 8:45 pm

Gem Bob wrote:
This is what really bugs me about our club. Everyone knows (or at least is 99%) that it is Fien.

In know that most would say Lockyer but id rather see us sign a young prospect with plenty of years left in him and keen to impress. Rather than a player with only a season or two left and just here for the money, because one thing is for sure, Lockyer wouldn't come for the weather.
Can i use your facebook picture to add to my signature? Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Major signing this week   Major signing this week EmptyMon May 11, 2009 9:43 pm

~Bet ya know already lol!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Major signing this week   Major signing this week EmptyTue May 12, 2009 6:31 am

i would prefer slater
Back to top Go down
Sammy Stripes
Ballboy
Ballboy
Sammy Stripes

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Major signing this week   Major signing this week EmptyTue May 12, 2009 6:32 am

How about Lockyer Smile
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

PostSubject: Re: Major signing this week   Major signing this week EmptyTue May 12, 2009 8:00 am

ponner wrote:
Gem Bob wrote:

Can i use your facebook picture to add to my signature? Wink Very Happy

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Major signing this week   Major signing this week EmptyTue May 12, 2009 8:17 am

With hookers and halves strewn all round the club, all trying to perform from behind a usually struggling pack, i would suggest a top quality forward would be a more realistic choice, Games by and large are won by forwards providing field position and go forward, The best halves in the world wont win anything if they are defending their own line.
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Major signing this week   Major signing this week EmptyTue May 12, 2009 12:55 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
With hookers and halves strewn all round the club, all trying to perform from behind a usually struggling pack, i would suggest a top quality forward would be a more realistic choice, Games by and large are won by forwards providing field position and go forward, The best halves in the world wont win anything if they are defending their own line.
agree there BO,some one like josh perry or mark o'meley would be good Smile
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Major signing this week   Major signing this week EmptyTue May 12, 2009 2:06 pm

bostock wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:
agree there BO,some one like josh perry or mark o'meley would be good Smile

Yeah or whoever is todays Gorden Tallis.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Major signing this week   Major signing this week EmptyTue May 12, 2009 3:22 pm

bostock wrote:
mark o'meley would be good Smile

the ogre is awesome

the fartown fans would love him
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Major signing this week   Major signing this week EmptyTue May 12, 2009 6:51 pm

Half for me, Thurston at NQCowboys. Or Pritchard, Gallen or Watmough up front. Or Asotasi?
Back to top Go down
Old School
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Major signing this week   Major signing this week EmptyTue May 12, 2009 9:57 pm

No its none of them.
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

PostSubject: Re: Major signing this week   Major signing this week EmptyTue May 12, 2009 11:48 pm

Old School wrote:
No its none of them.
how do you no,come on spill the beans Wink Smile
Back to top Go down
Lee

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Major signing this week   Major signing this week EmptyWed May 13, 2009 1:04 am

Old School wrote:
No its none of them.

Danny Brough then, does scotland count as overseas?
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Major signing this week   Major signing this week EmptyWed May 13, 2009 1:20 am

watmough for me!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lee

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Major signing this week   Major signing this week EmptyWed May 13, 2009 12:31 pm

Should be in tomorrows examiner, we'll see
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

PostSubject: Re: Major signing this week   Major signing this week EmptyWed May 13, 2009 12:57 pm

its sonny bill williams. Smile Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

PostSubject: Re: Major signing this week   Major signing this week EmptyWed May 13, 2009 3:00 pm

Could be Wild Bill Hiccup Smile Wink
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Major signing this week   Major signing this week EmptyWed May 13, 2009 9:28 pm

Well he's one fella i wouldn't mess with that's for sure. cheers
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

PostSubject: Re: Major signing this week   Major signing this week EmptyWed May 13, 2009 9:33 pm

Why has Scorpions post been deleted?

I thought this forum was supposed to be different from the other. Whereby we were all mates and not a kind of "i know, you don't ha ha ha" forum?

To be fair if you know why wouldn't you just say?
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Major signing this week   Major signing this week EmptyWed May 13, 2009 9:37 pm

I've been asked not to give his name out yet so i'm not going to publish the name i was given as it was in confidece. Think it'll be announced tomorrow. Scorpio actually deleted the post himself. He's a goodun don't worry.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

PostSubject: Re: Major signing this week   Major signing this week EmptyWed May 13, 2009 9:40 pm

ponner wrote:
I've been asked not to give his name out yet so i'm not going to publish the name i was given as it was in confidece. Think it'll be announced tomorrow. Scorpio actually deleted the post himself. He's a goodun don't worry.

Thats fair enough i suppose...

Mad
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Major signing this week   Major signing this week EmptyWed May 13, 2009 11:37 pm

ponner wrote:

It's also about confidentiality too. This person has obviously asked Ponner to keep it to himself in confidence, then Ponner is right to keep it to himself.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

PostSubject: Re: Major signing this week   Major signing this week EmptyThu May 14, 2009 2:10 am

These things are complicated and one slip of the tongue could completely scupper the deal untill all t's crossed and i's dotted!!!

Once it's all done and dusted we'll find out and if he is a good un as ponner thinks then we'll all be happy!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Major signing this week   Major signing this week Empty

Back to top Go down

Major signing this week
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next