Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Giants v Celtic latest

Go down 
+6
FLYINGPROP
matt01
JudgeB
BO JANGLES
Gem Bob
Meltham Giant
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Giants v Celtic latest Empty
PostSubject: Giants v Celtic latest   Giants v Celtic latest EmptySun May 03, 2009 12:06 pm

After 33 mins its huddersfield Giants 16 Celtic 0

B Hodgson, Kirmond and Moore with tries with 2 B hodgson Goals

Doesn't seem to be much atmosphere to be honest.

Great Defence from us..... Getting praised from all commentary on Sky Sports
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Celtic latest   Giants v Celtic latest EmptySun May 03, 2009 12:14 pm

Perfect start from us. Hope Celtic pick up and make us work harder in the second half. It looks as though were not hardly having to play at the mo.
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Celtic latest   Giants v Celtic latest EmptySun May 03, 2009 12:16 pm

22-0 at half time

Lunt try with another B Hodgson goal

I hope so too GB!
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Celtic latest   Giants v Celtic latest EmptySun May 03, 2009 1:53 pm

Thank God i didn't go up there to watch that, It was like watching NL1. You could tell by the numbers in the stadium how people rated that game was going to be, A good defensive performance in the first half particularly and some good individual tries, but with the amount of ball and field position we had ,the style of football against a very poor side was to say the least very disappointing, surely the chance was there to put on a bit of style, I was hoping for some Champagne and what we got was warm beer, They looked to just give up for large parts of the second half, and the ease with which Celtic could offload was a joke. Good to get the points but very disappointed. I think i must expect to much.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Celtic latest   Giants v Celtic latest EmptySun May 03, 2009 2:06 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
Thank God i didn't go up there to watch that, It was like watching NL1. You could tell by the numbers in the stadium how people rated that game was going to be, A good defensive performance in the first half particularly and some good individual tries, but with the amount of ball and field position we had ,the style of football against a very poor side was to say the least very disappointing, surely the chance was there to put on a bit of style, I was hoping for some Champagne and what we got was warm beer, They looked to just give up for large parts of the second half, and the ease with which Celtic could offload was a joke. Good to get the points but very disappointed. I think i must expect to much.

Laurie its like i said weeks ago mate. Its Celtic, its always going to be hard to have an amazing game against a poor side. Celtic are a waste of space. Fax would have given us a better game.

Not only that but the derby games are a much better format at MM than normal round games.
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Celtic latest   Giants v Celtic latest EmptySun May 03, 2009 2:18 pm

Celtic deserved them 16 points. Played well when they knew we were tiring. Our defence was fantastic then it slipped to let them 3 tries in.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Celtic latest   Giants v Celtic latest EmptySun May 03, 2009 3:31 pm

Gem Bob wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:

Laurie its like i said weeks ago mate. Its Celtic, its always going to be hard to have an amazing game against a poor side. Celtic are a waste of space. Fax would have given us a better game.

Not only that but the derby games are a much better format at MM than normal round games.

Probably had something to do with it mate, I just thought that having got the game won in the first half they might have showed a bit of what they are capable of, but unfortunately Celtic having tackled 75% of the game finished the stronger, Thought Lawrence had a poor game myself, falling off tackles and getting swatted off.

Sounds daft complaining after a easy win, but It's always been more about style of play for me, the best i can put it is , Compare the Wigan performance against the top of the league, to our performance against the bottom.

Agree with you about the derby games as well, the first game on each of the two days has been a big disappointment, The Salford Quins game was as bad as ours.
Back to top Go down
JudgeB
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
JudgeB

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Celtic latest   Giants v Celtic latest EmptySun May 03, 2009 3:43 pm

Good first half, secure defensively, some good plays with an odd error.
Poor second half, poor defensively, some poor decisions although being out of the game Celtic started to play, offloading the ball at will - which we didn't close down!

Given our form over the last two games and Celtic closing in on a first win this was a potential banana skin and we had it wrapped up by the break. (Disappointingly though we then fell off the pace)

Two competitiun points and still in the hunt for a play off place. Surely we'd all have been happy with our current position at the start of the season, wouldn't we?
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Celtic latest   Giants v Celtic latest EmptySun May 03, 2009 3:55 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:

Sounds daft complaining after a easy win, but It's always been more about style of play for me, the best i can put it is , Compare the Wigan performance against the top of the league, to our performance against the bottom.

Absolutely spot on mate.

Smile
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Celtic latest   Giants v Celtic latest EmptySun May 03, 2009 7:07 pm

JudgeB wrote:
Good first half, secure defensively, some good plays with an odd error.
Poor second half, poor defensively, some poor decisions although being out of the game Celtic started to play, offloading the ball at will - which we didn't close down!

Given our form over the last two games and Celtic closing in on a first win this was a potential banana skin and we had it wrapped up by the break. (Disappointingly though we then fell off the pace)

Two competitiun points and still in the hunt for a play off place. Surely we'd all have been happy with our current position at the start of the season, wouldn't we?
I think that sums it up and yes I am more than pleased with our current position, although there is hardly anything separating 2nd to 9th and with Warrington and Bradford starting to pick up wins, I think this is going to be a very close season (at last).
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Celtic latest   Giants v Celtic latest EmptySun May 03, 2009 7:17 pm

Only thing that does disapoint me is we do not have that thing that the top teams have, they seem to have the ability to kick on and hammer teams when all over them.

We need that killer streak to be able to batter teams.

I am delighted with position we in this season and still in the C/C, just need to cut out the few poor performances we have had.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Celtic latest   Giants v Celtic latest EmptySun May 03, 2009 8:13 pm

For them that didn't watch, Celtic passed the ball and played a great game, they were not a 'Lesser' side. We were just better.
Back to top Go down
raceman

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Celtic latest   Giants v Celtic latest EmptySun May 03, 2009 9:48 pm

FLYINGPROP wrote:
Only thing that does disapoint me is we do not have that thing that the top teams have, they seem to have the ability to kick on and hammer teams when all over them.

I am delighted with position we in this season and still in the C/C, just need to cut out the few poor performances we have had.

I know what you're saying but has any team really battered Celtic this season? I'm not sure they have.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Celtic latest   Giants v Celtic latest EmptyMon May 04, 2009 6:29 am

raceman wrote:
FLYINGPROP wrote:

I know what you're saying but has any team really battered Celtic this season? I'm not sure they have.

Thats right, but to be fair Cletic played pretty poor RL for the most part.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Celtic latest   Giants v Celtic latest EmptyMon May 04, 2009 7:50 am

Decent first half from us but 2nd half was pretty poor IMO. Hopefully that was just because the game was already won. We do need to find that killer instinct though.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Celtic latest   Giants v Celtic latest EmptyMon May 04, 2009 7:58 am

Celtic are good defensively but poor offensively. that is why they have lost games and no one has battered them this season.

We were very good in the first half but second half we made to many errors which let them back in an gave them a sniff. I think the players switched off when they knew the game was won.

We have two weks now with easyish games and we can let some players rest and rotate and then we can see where we are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Giants v Celtic latest   Giants v Celtic latest Empty

Back to top Go down

Giants v Celtic latest
Page 1 of 1