Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Phelps

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Phelps Empty
PostSubject: Phelps   Phelps EmptyTue May 27, 2008 9:57 pm

Did we miss a trick here. We are desperate for a full back, ok we have one for next season, but Phelps could have been here now.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Phelps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phelps   Phelps EmptyTue May 27, 2008 10:05 pm

TBH i've never heard of him. Didn't we already have a quota place free with Gatis being Greek? If so, should we be looking abroad to bring in someone or save it for next season(if that' possible)
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Phelps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phelps   Phelps EmptyTue May 27, 2008 10:19 pm

ponner wrote:
TBH i've never heard of him. Didn't we already have a quota place free with Gatis being Greek? If so, should we be looking abroad to bring in someone or save it for next season(if that' possible)
Neither had I, which is why I asked. He could be another reject overseas player that Wigan are so good at signing or he could be a quality back.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Phelps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phelps   Phelps EmptyWed May 28, 2008 10:24 am

matt01 wrote:
ponner wrote:
Neither had I, which is why I asked. He could be another reject overseas player that Wigan are so good at signing or he could be a quality back.

Why were we not interested in M Dobson, he is someone i would have liked to see here.
I think we should concentrate on next season now, this is already over for us. We have got the fullback (a proven performer ) why not try for a SO with the same ability, try to show the fans that the club is not going to just bump along, I know we have gone through this every Winter " what a great side we are going to be etc" but the club need to show they are not giving up, otherwise the fans will do the same, (many will anyway i expect ) With or without Sharp the club need to get shut of some dead wood, hopefully it will be without him, but i wouldn't bet on that.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Phelps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phelps   Phelps EmptyWed May 28, 2008 10:43 am

BO JANGLES wrote:

Why were we not interested in M Dobson, he is someone i would have liked to see here.
I asked that question to Thewlis a few weeks ago but at 160k(think that was the figure) a year he was out of our price range for this seasons salary cap. I think we do need someone to direct us around the field though for next season, well now ideally but i don't that'll happen.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Mandy Giants Fan
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Mandy Giants Fan

Number of posts : 838
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Phelps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phelps   Phelps EmptyWed May 28, 2008 10:45 am

WOW some money his on then!
We are needing someone but who I am not sure, depends who we can afford and have we not already meant to have signed a hooker to replace Gatis? that's what wes said on a thread Suspect
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Phelps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phelps   Phelps EmptyWed May 28, 2008 11:29 am

Well we need one quickly !

Its well overdrew! Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Phelps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phelps   Phelps EmptyWed May 28, 2008 12:30 pm

ponner wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:

I asked that question to Thewlis a few weeks ago but at 160k(think that was the figure) a year he was out of our price range for this seasons salary cap. I think we do need someone to direct us around the field though for next season, well now ideally but i don't that'll happen.
I find it hard to believe a failed NRL player could command that much money.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Phelps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phelps   Phelps EmptyWed May 28, 2008 3:55 pm

matt01 wrote:
ponner wrote:
BO JANGLES wrote:

I find it hard to believe a failed NRL player could command that much money.

Yes It is a lot for someone who is not in big demand over there (if it's true) the thing is though he has not failed over here ,He did a class job for both Cats and Wigan, In fact i'm surprised Wigan didn't go for him big style with Barrett leaving, so maybe the money was over the top.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Phelps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phelps   Phelps Empty

Back to top Go down

Phelps
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: Giants Forum-
Jump to: