Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where do we go from here?

Go down 
+4
bostock
matt01
reidy
Mad Lockwood Giant
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mad Lockwood Giant
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Where do we go from here? Empty
PostSubject: Where do we go from here?   Where do we go from here? EmptySat May 24, 2008 8:30 pm

Well did I get it way off the mark with my Catalans prediction! We are now becoming an embarrassment. Sharpy surely has been in charge of his last game tonight - if he remains after another hammering then I despair. What is going through Ken Davy's head at the moment I just do not know! I worry about the damage to our gates, after such a fantastic response by the Huddersfield public at the start of the season, and how it will make it difficult to get people back (especially as Richard Thewlis says we need to be aiming for a Grade A Franchise by the 2nd/3rd year of the new Franchise system).
Please Ken let Sharpy go now before the damage becomes irrepairable. I also want rid of players that have no passion, desire or interest in our club. They need weeding out. Sad
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Where do we go from here?   Where do we go from here? EmptySat May 24, 2008 8:37 pm

TOP POST MICK!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mad Lockwood Giant
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Where do we go from here?   Where do we go from here? EmptySat May 24, 2008 9:09 pm

Just saying how I see it Reidy. Cool
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Where do we go from here?   Where do we go from here? EmptySat May 24, 2008 9:13 pm

Mad Lockwood Giant wrote:

I know fella, I am in full agreement with you.
Personally, I think that all the hyped reports JS has given, even after such bad losses this season, are him playing things down because he knows that we have been playing s**te.
He was panicking and in fear of losing his job and so he should. This is the end.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Where do we go from here?   Where do we go from here? EmptySat May 24, 2008 9:35 pm

reidy@work wrote:

I know fella, I am in full agreement with you.
Personally, I think that all the hyped reports JS has given, even after such bad losses this season, are him playing things down because he knows that we have been playing s**te.
He was panicking and in fear of losing his job and so he should. This is the end.
Well Sharps comments on sportinglife seem pretty clear. The guy is not happy and seems as surprised as us lot.

How can a team go from scoring 50 one week to being nilled the next?
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Where do we go from here?   Where do we go from here? EmptySat May 24, 2008 11:16 pm

God only knows, but it's bloody embarassing.

P.S. I think dreams can come true....see below lol!

Last edited by reidy@work on Sat May 24, 2008 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : honesty)
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Where do we go from here?   Where do we go from here? EmptySat May 24, 2008 11:35 pm

Well did I get it way off the mark with my Catalans prediction! We are now becoming an embarrassment. Sharpy surely has been in charge of his last game tonight - if he remains after another hammering then I despair. What is going through Ken Davy's head at the moment I just do not know! I worry about the damage to our gates, after such a fantastic response by the Huddersfield public at the start of the season, and how it will make it difficult to get people back (especially as Richard Thewlis says we need to be aiming for a Grade A Franchise by the 2nd/3rd year of the new Franchise system).
Please Ken let Sharpy go now before the damage becomes irrepairable. I also want rid of players that have no passion, desire or interest in our club. They need weeding out. Sad
so who do you want???
there is nobody better out there? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where do we go from here?   Where do we go from here? EmptySun May 25, 2008 12:24 am

bostock wrote:
so who do you want???
there is nobody better out there? Very Happy

Get a grip will you.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Where do we go from here?   Where do we go from here? EmptySun May 25, 2008 1:12 am

Gaz mate there's about 20 coaches out there who could do a better job i'm sure. With the players at his disposal i could probably do a better job. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Where do we go from here?   Where do we go from here? EmptyTue May 27, 2008 2:21 pm

Thank god Iv'e been golfing and not to France, Not that there was much danger of that as i have been disillusioned for some time now with the Way Fartown are going.
There have been some good posts on the Issue of JS and his coaching Matt particularly has argued very well for JS to be given more time and i can see the reasoning behind the argument, I dont agree myself but they are his views and are as valid as mine or anyone else's

My own view is (rightly or wrongly) that JS has always been somewhat overrated as a coach, Maybe his chance came to early or whatever but he appears to me to have been cutting his teeth and trying his tactics in the wrong league, I feel he would have benefited from a longer spell with the national leagues.

One of the problems with celebrating mediocrity to the extent it has been done at Fartown is that people start to believe the team are a lot better than they actually are, When you look at things in perspective things look a lot more like what they really are, A bit of welcome success that has been blown out of proportion, That's not to decry the teams efforts but It's very easy to make them great in the Examiner, people know what they have seen ,and it's not always what JS tells them they have seen.

One of the arguments for JS (and i can see the reasoning behind it ) is to compare us with the dark days of the 70s and 80s and such, but to me that is not a true comparison, in those days we had players of quite a different standard to what JS has had to work with, as i have said before why not compare us to the 50s when we did have players of a similar standard (for their day) We didn't have the best squads in the league but in terms of winning Trophies and style of play we were a match for anyone. People like Penninegiant, Cagmartin, Ivor and many more have all seen those times, so while they are as happy as anyone else with the little success we have had ,they are not carried along with the over hype, and they still trust their own eyes, They have also watched the game for so long that they will pride themselves on being able to recognise good qualities in coaching as well as players.

One of the things we are told regularly is that the club has now gone so far forward that we are able to attract top quality players internationals and all, This is obviously true as is evident by the present playing staff, This being the case then who do you look to to get all these quality players gelling and playing quality football on a consistent basis, as in the case of Leeds or Saints among others, Yes It's the coach and if that is not achieved to a reasonable degree what is the solution ? Well both Hull and Warrington have bit the bullet, The Hull coach had a lot more to contend with than JS but still he is gone, Cullen had more than a fair chance to deliver with the quality of squads he has had and has now payed the price of failure.
Only K Davy will know the situation with JS but he will be weighing very carefully the effects this season is going to have on crowd figures, he has obviously been happy with him up to now, but how long can he be seen to be backing a man who seems to have lost the faith of the fans, on top of this there have been endless rumors of fall outs with players, and players leaving who were big favorites of large sections of fans, on top of all this JS has got himself a reputation as a whinger, he has blamed everything possible for some of the defeats, while his team selections over his time here has been at times quite bizarre, he has looked at times like a man out of his depth, and the argument for more time to get it right doesnt hold water for me, He has been on the brink at some point in the last two season, and yet here we are having apparently just given our worst ever performance, and wallowing once again in the bottom couple of places, What i am asking myself is What is he being given more time to achieve? time to make us into a mid table side, where we think we are great because we have managed a playoff game, It's going to take more than that to get the crowds up over the 10.000 mark, which is where they have to go if we are to hang on to a franchise.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Where do we go from here?   Where do we go from here? EmptyTue May 27, 2008 2:45 pm

ponner wrote:
Gaz mate there's about 20 coaches out there who could do a better job i'm sure. With the players at his disposal i could probably do a better job. Laughing

Ken will ring you shortly I hear to discuss your proposition further! Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Where do we go from here?   Where do we go from here? EmptyThu May 29, 2008 10:02 am

On a more serious note -( and I have posted this on both forums in the knowledge that I`l get a measured and sensible response from one quarter (I trust !! Rolling Eyes Wink

:-At the risk of reading too much into events -am I alone in wondering if theres any of the Clough/Leeds scenario in there ?

Seems to me that when we PLAY -- we really can do good things !!

But on many occasions - particularly last week (and after an encouraging performance against the Robins ) and the nilling against Harlequins theres absolutely "nuthin" there

On other occasions - we show up -good start --then fade away to a miserable loss

Just wonder if theres a message (sadly) that "we can do it " when and if we want
Don`t like a player power culture myself - and that scenario has to be tackled
Similarly dont like players who think they`re bigger than the club

But the work ethic of 13 plus members can undo anything a coach wants to see happen - and if that were the case - and the personal pride of certain players aint enough - I`m starting to wonder if maybe...maybe .. there are certain undertones that he cant control that are "setting him up" despite what those "in the know", the "eternal optimists" on here, and the press quotes, actually claim

I have waited longer than some - and still unsure what the real problem (and there is one now) actually is !
But I`m starting to doubt whether in fact its all down to the chief suspect in the mind of the majority - in which case a solution is further away than we think and JS motivating an "improved"(???) squad of players isnt a simple remedy.
[b]
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Where do we go from here?   Where do we go from here? EmptyThu May 29, 2008 8:33 pm

Taken from tonights exaniner:

Time now to assess campaign

May 29 2008 by Chris Roberts, Huddersfield Daily Examiner

GIANTS chairman Ken Davy admits he shares the disappointment of fans as his club continue to struggle in Super League XIII.

But he believes the key is for everyone to remain positive in a bid to get back on track.

Huddersfield go into an enforced three-week break (they exited the Challenge Cup and have a postponed League game at Wigan where pitch repairs are essential) third bottom of the table.

They have won just four of their 15 games so far and suffered a 48-0 thrashing at Catalans Dragons.

And Galpharm chief Davy admits these are tough times for all concerned.

“We’re obviously disappointed with the way the results have gone this season,” he said. “France last weekend was certainly a low point, and that was particularly disappointing when we all believe we have such an excellent squad and we are able to operate up to our maximum salary-cap spend.

“But it’s vital we do all try and remain as positive as we can.

“I suppose one good thing we have now is that, by force of the circumstances, we have a gap of almost three weeks before our next game.

“That gives us ample time for everyone to draw breath and assess where we go from here.”
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Where do we go from here?   Where do we go from here? EmptyThu May 29, 2008 9:00 pm

So, no action there then. We've got the great JS for another 3 weeks.

Last edited by Ivor C&G Scarf on Thu May 29, 2008 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Where do we go from here?   Where do we go from here? EmptyThu May 29, 2008 9:08 pm

Ivor C&G Scarf wrote:
So, no action there then. we've got the great JS for another 3 weeks.

Oh goody... Mad
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Where do we go from here?   Where do we go from here? EmptySat May 31, 2008 10:41 am

It seems Thorman's comments about players shouldering the blame is about right to me.

The players should be performing more consistently. Now whether this is because of Sharp's game plans or motivation of players or not is debatable.

Personally I'm more and more convinced its because our players don't need to fight for their place. Until Cudjoe and Lawrence came about we only ever had Hemingway who was a youngster putting pressure on the 1st team for places. Even now just three lads is nothing compared with many other Super League sides. Therefore the problem maybe years of underfunding for the academy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do we go from here?   Where do we go from here? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where do we go from here?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: Giants Forum-
Jump to: