Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fantastic game (Bulls)

Go down 
+4
Natalie-x
Ivor C&G Scarf
reidy
Gem Bob
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Fantastic game (Bulls) Empty
PostSubject: Fantastic game (Bulls)   Fantastic game (Bulls) EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 10:40 pm

I said when Bulls too the first kick for the sticks why were they? 20m out and kicking for 2? then again and again. 3 chances 10 - 20m out wasted.

Platt was ridiculous.

Giants:

Excellent, ok a lot of penalties but we were great. But i don't think we came alive until we moved the ball about. Straight down the middle we were flat, passing we were class.

The best thing is i think there is more to come - i still don't think we played at our full potential and that is something i am really looking forward to seeing.

Well done boys - excellent game.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Fantastic game (Bulls)   Fantastic game (Bulls) EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 11:00 pm

My cousin (a B*lls fan) said Platt was shocking and Macca only used 3 players tonight.
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Fantastic game (Bulls)   Fantastic game (Bulls) EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 11:09 pm

Our defense was AWESOME. We missed 4 tackles - and they were in 1 movement which led to their try.

IT was a bit like Saints last week - we soaked up all that the Bulls threw at us, we seriously attecked their line 3 times, and scored 3 tries.

Last edited by Ivor C&G Scarf on Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
Natalie-x
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
Natalie-x

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Fantastic game (Bulls)   Fantastic game (Bulls) EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 11:12 pm

Excellent game tonight.. deffence was brilliant!!
Cocked up couple of times though.
Back to top Go down
wheatley92
Ballboy
Ballboy
wheatley92

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Fantastic game (Bulls)   Fantastic game (Bulls) EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 11:20 pm

Our defence was strong tonight,
what a game, what a team
Fantastic game (Bulls) 21033 Fantastic game (Bulls) 21033 Fantastic game (Bulls) 21033
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

PostSubject: Re: Fantastic game (Bulls)   Fantastic game (Bulls) EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 11:29 pm

Lets move on and move up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Fantastic game (Bulls)   Fantastic game (Bulls) EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 12:33 am

It wasn't a classic game but will be remembered!!
One thing I did notice is that bradford instigated many of their penalties whereas we never. Newton in particular always crying for laying on when he was doing it far worse when he was defending!!
I did find it very strange that they went for 2 three times in a row, have their confidence got shot or is it their arrogance, it's not a usual tactic for bradford!!

Our defence was well up for it tonight and it showed despite us losing Griffin before the game and Finnigan during!!

Also shows how arrogant the Bulls fans are as they couldn't say it was due to Ganson as he was so one sided, so they just ignore the Giants and say Mac is the problem!!

Even after the match talking to a few Bulls fans they conseeded that Ganson was favouring Bulls!! Now that says a lot!
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Fantastic game (Bulls)   Fantastic game (Bulls) EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 12:44 am

Im buzzing i really am! i thought we had a diabolical first half but the second half was immense, top defence! made me proud tonight making history by beating bradford away in 40 years...and i will always remember that game
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Fantastic game (Bulls)   Fantastic game (Bulls) EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 1:39 am

That game was a long way short of great and will be remembered mostly for being the first win away against Bradford for a long time, It was however well earned ,when you considered the amount of possession and field position we had, especially in the first have, we also could have had another couple of tries ,where as Bradford despite a wealth of penalties, possession and position , managed to cross the line only twice ( one disallowed ),

Although i thought the Bulls pack outmuscled us for much of the game, the Giants defence was outstanding, when you consider Griff and big Eorl were missing, and to be honest i thought we always looked to have the beating of them in the backs. Great to see Cudjo have a good game, and Kirmond must surely be a future GB man, he made a instant impact on the game, I am well impressed by the faith N Brown is showing in the younger players,
Onward and upward. Hull are well beatable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantastic game (Bulls)   Fantastic game (Bulls) Empty

Back to top Go down

Fantastic game (Bulls)
Page 1 of 1