Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

inter forum competition

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

inter forum competition Empty
PostSubject: inter forum competition   inter forum competition EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 4:10 pm

For those of us unable to make the match today i will set a little challenge for the three forums i use.

Which ones posters give the best match reports.

How did the Giants do vs Batley today.

How is Jammer looking?
What are the impressions of Larne patrick?
How did the other first teamers do?
Does anyone see anything in Joe Walsh which i have not picked up on yet?

the prize for the best reports will be the benefit of my wit and wisdom for a whole week on that forum Wink
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: inter forum competition   inter forum competition EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 5:02 pm

Just for you, DG, here's my report.

Awful first half. We lost possession so much that I don't think we had it in our hands for more than 5 minutes. We managed to score in the corner with what seemed to be only our 2nd foray into Batley's half.

I suspect that they were playing to orders: "Lose the ball as much as you can so that we can see how your defensive training has been going". Well, it has been going extremely weel since the home side didn't look like breaking us down. The blond-haired FB put in some excellent tackles. [Left my team sheet in the car so very few names!]

The half time instructions must have been: "Right, OK then, let's play some rugby".

We threw the ball about with much greater effect.

Korky ran the ball out of defence with both power & pace.

Lunt is an outstanding prospect - he regularly side-stepped past the first 3 or 4 tacklers and, IMHO, out-performed Faiumu.

Jammer was wishing that his permit hadn't come through.

No 8 ran hard.

Barber was OK but his kicking was very good.

When we wee about 20-6 in front the game was effectively killed off when Thaler dismissed a Batley player for a blatant head tackle. [Perhaps our officials should have asked for him to have been replaced by another player seeing as how it was only a friendly?]

Can't be bothered with any more - especially as I can now feel my toes and the thought of cold beer isn't that dreadful!

Finally, attendance was 850ish.

[Got a feeling of deja vu?]

Didn't get an invite to the Shogun/Ponner party, though.

And I suspect Penninegiant thought it was a 3 o'clock KO as he snuck in after about half an hour!
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: inter forum competition   inter forum competition EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 5:04 pm

Durham Giant wrote: For those of us unable to make the match today i will set a little challenge for the three forums i use.

How is Jammer looking? He looked bloody frozen!!!

What are the impressions of Larne patrick? He scored a try ( I believe- snow was straight in my face ! )--but (in my opinion) didnt stand out

How did the other first teamers do? Faimu was pick of bunch for inventive play-prompting and probing -and organising quite a fair bit!! Korky put homself about a bit and tried imposing himself on the game --but I think Batley had made up their mind to mark him in numbers

Pretty good guitarist who seems to fit in well with the Eagles line-up-- but then again so was Felder!

Not bothered about a prize though DG! ! Wink

the prize for the best reports will be the benefit of my wit and wisdom for a whole week on that forum Wink
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: inter forum competition   inter forum competition EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 7:00 pm

All I need to do is go on the 3rd forum and read the same thing a third time. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: inter forum competition   inter forum competition EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 7:13 pm

Durham Giant wrote:
For those of us unable to make the match today i will set a little challenge for the three forums i use.

How is Jammer looking?
What are the impressions of Larne patrick?
How did the other first teamers do?

The first half was in my opinion the worst half of attacking rugby league i've seen from a Huddersfield team in about 15 years. It's a good job our defence was up to scratch. The second half was a totally different story as Faiumu ran the show with quality tries from Kirmond and Patrick. Lolesi was quiet but i'll let him off with only been over here a week. Korkidas ran hard every single time and caused Batley some trouble on more than one occasion. Special mentions to a blonde haired full back possibly someone called Glassell? and a Rocket Jensen look-a-like wearing number 2.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

PostSubject: Re: inter forum competition   inter forum competition EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 9:16 pm

matt01 wrote:
All I need to do is go on the 3rd forum and read the same thing a third time. Rolling Eyes

Not from me. I only read there - even then only occasionally.
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

PostSubject: Re: inter forum competition   inter forum competition EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 9:18 pm

No 2 was Greg Johnson - an occasional compatriot of Little Ivor at Lockwood Park.

At junior level he tended to lack commitment. He's tremendously strong, tough, and has a sperb side-step. If he knuckles down he could well turn into a good player.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: inter forum competition   inter forum competition EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 12:37 am

matt01 wrote:

nay young man -Id pen it different if allowed on there!! Wink Laughing

.......................anyway ...............it`s DG`s fault!!!..............again..............!!!!!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: inter forum competition   inter forum competition Empty

Back to top Go down

inter forum competition
Page 1 of 1