Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Franchise

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Franchise Empty
PostSubject: Franchise   Franchise EmptyFri May 16, 2008 9:23 am

Does everyone think we are nailed on for a franchise, Myself i am not completely confident about it, I know we got 6 points on the boots an all assessment but that carries no weight with the RFL, When you look at some of the other clubs who have applied it doesn't look so cut and dried, Widnes for example look to have a case as strong as ours as do Salford and Leigh with both their stadiums coming on line in the near future, Add to this the fact that W Yorkshire is overstocked with clubs and one or even two of these look at least as good a proposition as us. Then look at Wakey and Cas, as far as i can see the only edge we have over them is we have a new stadium, Both are working hard to sort this and i believe Cas are ahead (not sure) Over all of this the RFL have a declared intention to expand the game, Now as we all know the existing Super league clubs are only going to stand for so many teams diluting their Sky cash, so in view of all this what are your thoughts, I'm not sure how much results on the field count in any one off season, but i can't help feeling it would be a lot better to be nearer the top than bottom, Thoughts anyone.
Back to top Go down

Franchise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Franchise   Franchise EmptyFri May 16, 2008 10:57 am

I think the whole history thing will certainly lend a hand, as too will our sponsorship with the University.

Added to that we have arguably one of the best and largest capacity stadiums in Rugby League and i think we will be a nailed on cert.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Franchise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Franchise   Franchise EmptyFri May 16, 2008 12:17 pm

Sturl wrote:
I think the whole history thing will certainly lend a hand, as too will our sponsorship with the University.

Added to that we have arguably one of the best and largest capacity stadiums in Rugby League and i think we will be a nailed on cert.

Hope you are right Stu, The stadium as you say is a big asset, But there are more and more new ones coming now and the Stadium only counts as one point as far as i know.
Back to top Go down
CA
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 95

Franchise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Franchise   Franchise EmptyFri May 16, 2008 12:36 pm

At the Express meeting last night with Ken Davy and Paul Morgan they were very confident we would get in and we would be a category B. which should ensure entry. although they did feel that the rfl were continuously moving the goal posts.
Crowds were a big issue though so clubs with smaller stadiums had a better chance of the one point being given.
Also Ken pointed out it was only a 3 year franchise and all clubs will be kept on their toes and any drop in standard could result in a new team taking that place.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Franchise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Franchise   Franchise EmptyFri May 16, 2008 1:19 pm

CA wrote:
At the Express meeting last night with Ken Davy and Paul Morgan they were very confident we would get in and we would be a category B. which should ensure entry. although they did feel that the rfl were continuously moving the goal posts.
Crowds were a big issue though so clubs with smaller stadiums had a better chance of the one point being given.
Also Ken pointed out it was only a 3 year franchise and all clubs will be kept on their toes and any drop in standard could result in a new team taking that place.
Thanks for that CA, I am just a bit concerned that there may be quite a lot of Cat B clubs and there are only so many places.
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Franchise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Franchise   Franchise EmptyFri May 16, 2008 2:30 pm

Wow, CA. Great to hear from you again. Seem to have been writing that quite a lot recently.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk

Franchise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Franchise   Franchise EmptyFri May 16, 2008 2:35 pm

We must also look at the University as well, every year 30,000 students attend, with the tickets being £5 each and then staff tickets at £7.50 the Giants have seen a big increase in their crowds. Since we aren't winning and are on the fringes of Leeds and Bradford the sponsorship from the Uni is a real coup and i would imagine both the team and Uni benefit each other in big ways.

This must be taken into account, since the goal is 10,000 and the 20 mile radius thing - who else apart from the 2 obvious can claim the same increases in their crowds. In reality Bradford and Leeds are certain, it might be between us and Wakefield but lets be honest we would beat Wakefield in just about everything.

Laurie, great to hear from you again mate. Ill bet you a nice cold pint and some pie and peas at the Shoulder that we get a franchise Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Franchise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Franchise   Franchise EmptyFri May 16, 2008 9:02 pm

Sturl wrote:
We must also look at the University as well, every year 30,000 students attend, with the tickets being £5 each and then staff tickets at £7.50 the Giants have seen a big increase in their crowds. Since we aren't winning and are on the fringes of Leeds and Bradford the sponsorship from the Uni is a real coup and i would imagine both the team and Uni benefit each other in big ways.

This must be taken into account, since the goal is 10,000 and the 20 mile radius thing - who else apart from the 2 obvious can claim the same increases in their crowds. In reality Bradford and Leeds are certain, it might be between us and Wakefield but lets be honest we would beat Wakefield in just about everything.

Laurie, great to hear from you again mate. Ill bet you a nice cold pint and some pie and peas at the Shoulder that we get a franchise Very Happy

I am not betting on us not getting one , but i dont feel it is nailed on, You can still buy me some Pie and peas though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Franchise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Franchise   Franchise Empty

Back to top Go down

Franchise
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: Giants Forum-
Jump to: