Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chris Thorman

Go down 
+9
penninegiant
reidy
Shogun
matt01
CA
Giant-Dragon
ponner
Ivor C&G Scarf
Mandy Giants Fan
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mandy Giants Fan
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Mandy Giants Fan

Number of posts : 838
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Chris Thorman Empty
PostSubject: Chris Thorman   Chris Thorman EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 5:45 am

what is happening with Chris, as the other side reckons he off to Hull, can you shed any light on this ponner?
would we miss him? do we need him?

your thoughts please........
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Chris Thorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Thorman   Chris Thorman EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 6:42 am

I for one certainly hope he stays.

How on earth can he contemplate going to where the man who forced him to have the worst spell in his career is? [Bit clumsy grammatically, but you know what I mean.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Chris Thorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Thorman   Chris Thorman EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 6:59 am

Not heard anything about Thorman leaving from my sources but it wouldn't bother me if he does go tbh. He has his decent games but not often enough.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Chris Thorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Thorman   Chris Thorman EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 8:21 am

Hmm well i must admit in the past i have been crictial about him
but i think if he leaves then it will be a loss because of the leadership skills he has, and when hes in the zone at either SO or SH he plays really well! but yeah like Ponner says, he does have his off days.. so i dont really know Sad but i hope he does stay because you never know Nate might make a better player out of him Smile
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Chris Thorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Thorman   Chris Thorman EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 8:42 am

What i have been told is that there are lots to come and lots to leave yet. There is an important SL meeting tomorrow and they might be able to announce more after that but it'll probably be next week when some are announced.

What I'm getting worried about now is that we'll have so many new players in the team next season that it'll be half way through the season when the team begin to gel. Neutral
Back to top Go down
CA
Ballboy
Ballboy

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Chris Thorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Thorman   Chris Thorman EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 9:48 am

ponner wrote:

What I'm getting worried about now is that we'll have so many new players in the team next season that it'll be half way through the season when the team begin to gel. Neutral
Perhaps this along with a new coach is one of the reasons they are starting training middle of November instead of December 1st, more time to gel
Back to top Go down
Mandy Giants Fan
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Mandy Giants Fan

Number of posts : 838
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Chris Thorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Thorman   Chris Thorman EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 5:24 pm

ponner wrote:
What i have been told is that there are lots to come and lots to leave yet. There is an important SL meeting tomorrow and they might be able to announce more after that but it'll probably be next week when some are announced.

I thought most were under contract? and would not be leaving till it is up?
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Chris Thorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Thorman   Chris Thorman EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 5:35 pm

I'd be gutted if Thorman left, playing along side Carney should help to bring the best out of our leader.
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Chris Thorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Thorman   Chris Thorman EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 7:05 pm

Too many ins and outs is not good, it is like a new side starting all over again. Just look at the top two in SL. Saints and Leeds had virtually no movement last close season.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

Chris Thorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Thorman   Chris Thorman EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 7:35 pm

If he left in 2010 fair doos, but I would say that a season in transitional captaincy would be more beneficial to players and club.

Last edited by reidy@work on Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made a bugger of it....)
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Chris Thorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Thorman   Chris Thorman EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 7:44 pm

Someone said to me "thathe thought his confidence was rock bottom"

Hardly surprising really is it??
He`ll need to be man o steel
He gets the responsibility of captain
Moved to a position where he appeared to most to be totally ill at ease
Gets booed because he was put in that position and then the person who made that decision gets the push
Finally someone sees sense and puts him back at halfback where hes played most of his career -and was on the verge of international honours - and then we sign someone with whom he could well have struck up a brilliant partnership (even with Robinson if given time ) and then theres talk of offloading him!!

Its a wonder he isnt suicidal!!!
Sounds to me - if it happens - like man-management skills are a little lacking somewhere!

and if Carney has a get out clause and takes it -----------------ooops

back to the drawing board

and then there`s Leroy.....................

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

Chris Thorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Thorman   Chris Thorman EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 8:49 pm

penninegiant wrote:
Someone said to me "thathe thought his confidence was rock bottom"

Hardly surprising really is it??
He`ll need to be man o steel
He gets the responsibility of captain
Moved to a position where he appeared to most to be totally ill at ease
Gets booed because he was put in that position and then the person who made that decision gets the push
Finally someone sees sense and puts him back at halfback where hes played most of his career -and was on the verge of international honours - and then we sign someone with whom he could well have struck up a brilliant partnership (even with Robinson if given time ) and then there's talk of offloading him!!

Its a wonder he isnt suicidal!!!
Sounds to me - if it happens - like man-management skills are a little lacking somewhere!

and if Carney has a get out clause and takes it -----------------ooops

back to the drawing board

and then there`s Leroy.....................

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Makes you wonder (as has been said before ) who is doing the buying and selling. Thorman is a different proposition at half back than in the position he was pushed into, I feel he is a bit predictable, but he could be a better player all together alongside Carney As has been mentioned, Hodgson is supposed to be a great goalkicker, but Thorman is one of the best in the league, and you definitly need two kickers.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Chris Thorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Thorman   Chris Thorman EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 9:39 pm

Yes Gents, but if he moved to Hull, Richard Agar being there or not, baldy would only put him in the same position again if they can't find players in their place, so to speak. So what would be the point of him going there?
When CT left us after his original loan period expired, we all wanted him back. He was quality, he is quality and if anyone with any idea of background over recent years reads this, you'll know where I am coming from.
Them that boo'd the lad earlier this season, frankly they aren't fans but latecomers or part timers who frankly are 'supporters' that the club doesn't want, or need. A bad advert for fans imho.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Chris Thorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Thorman   Chris Thorman EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 9:42 pm

Although it wasn't confirmed I got the impression he'll be staying with us.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Chris Thorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Thorman   Chris Thorman EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 10:19 pm

GUD!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bostock
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
bostock

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Chris Thorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Thorman   Chris Thorman EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 9:26 am

think he will be great next season.
hope he will be here. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Chris Thorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Thorman   Chris Thorman EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 7:53 am

Giant-Dragon wrote:
but i think if he leaves then it will be a loss because of the leadership skills he has, and when hes in the zone at either SO or SH he plays really well! but yeah like Ponner says, he does have his off days.. so i dont really know Sad but i hope he does stay because you never know Nate might make a better player out of him Smile

Best friends are you? Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Chris Thorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Thorman   Chris Thorman EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 10:24 am

Ivor C&G Scarf wrote:
Giant-Dragon wrote:

Best friends are you? Cool Cool

No im just a St George fan and thts what they call him
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com

Chris Thorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Thorman   Chris Thorman EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 5:02 pm

Thorman is arguably one of the most wasted talents of the recent Giants era. However, at top flight you cant really afford to take a 2 year break - which essentially is what has happened.
I agree completely with Ponner in that whilst back in position he does has some good games these just arent often enough and in addition to that i have to question some of his in game thinking. Often i am puzzled as to some of the stupid decisions he makes, added to the fact he has probably made of total of 2 yards this entire year in kicking to touch from a penalty. Which really bugs me.

I know he plays from the heart but i wouldnt be sad to see him go as a player, if we are to become the team i hope we are then we need consistency. Thorman doesnt bring that.
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Chris Thorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Thorman   Chris Thorman EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 7:01 pm

Sturl wrote:
Thorman is arguably one of the most wasted talents of the recent Giants era. However, at top flight you cant really afford to take a 2 year break - which essentially is what has happened.
I agree completely with Ponner in that whilst back in position he does has some good games these just arent often enough and in addition to that i have to question some of his in game thinking. Often i am puzzled as to some of the stupid decisions he makes, added to the fact he has probably made of total of 2 yards this entire year in kicking to touch from a penalty. Which really bugs me.

I know he plays from the heart but i wouldnt be sad to see him go as a player, if we are to become the team i hope we are then we need consistency. Thorman doesnt bring that.

Enforced - by someone who seems to want players to be able to play 1-13!!
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Chris Thorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Thorman   Chris Thorman EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 8:11 pm

Oh come on Stu, this season, he's been played out of position more times than he's been played in position.
Prior to 2008, CT were doin well.
TBH, this season got written off half way through, purely down to Jon Sharp's stupid frame of thought and where it has meant we have ended up.
You wouldn't blame the lad for saying sod it after he were booed of as he was, but he pulled himself together and performed as any decent captain would and lead from the front for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down

Chris Thorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Thorman   Chris Thorman EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 9:17 pm

reidy@work wrote:
Oh come on Stu, this season, he's been played out of position more times than he's been played in position.
Prior to 2008, CT were doin well.
TBH, this season got written off half way through, purely down to Jon Sharp's stupid frame of thought and where it has meant we have ended up.
You wouldn't blame the lad for saying sod it after he were booed of as he was, but he pulled himself together and performed as any decent captain would and lead from the front for the rest of the season.

Not at all Scott, i dont blame him one bit. I dont even entertain the idea that perhaps he could have said something to Sharp.

However on reflection whilst i wouldnt be too sad to see him go perhaps it would be wise for the club to give him one year. Play him in position and see how he goes. Im not saying he is rubbish, not by a long shot and i genuinely feel that had he played in position he might well be in the England squad. But lets be realistic here, we need to build a squad that is consistent, full of good thinkers and strong in both defense and offense. Lets be honest Thorman does not tackle his wieght, he does not think 100% of the time and offensively he is average at best. This is MOST LIKELY down to playing FB, but we cannot afford to be a team that has players in who are practising or trying to improve their skill.
Davy has made a huge move that is wholly dependent on this coming season and for it to pull off and for us to retain our license there has to be some huge changes and some enormous improvements. If that means fans favourites going then so be it.

I sat and watched Leeds v Saints tonight and both teams were in a class of their own. Right now, and in the forseeable future we are a hundred miles away.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Chris Thorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Thorman   Chris Thorman EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 9:24 pm

I think that the teams tonight are established, but on our own note if CT goes this season, it will be a big mistake.
We've seen it too many times where a new captain comes in who doesn't know players strengths/weakness's and it all goes Pete Tong.
1 more season for me and then wave ta ta. Use it as a transitional period.
If he did go, who would you choose as captain cos bear in mind Razza is off so it's back to bare bones again.
Back to top Go down

Chris Thorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Thorman   Chris Thorman EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 9:49 pm

reidy@work wrote:
I think that the teams tonight are established, but on our own note if CT goes this season, it will be a big mistake.
We've seen it too many times where a new captain comes in who doesn't know players strengths/weakness's and it all goes Pete Tong.
1 more season for me and then wave ta ta. Use it as a transitional period.
If he did go, who would you choose as captain cos bear in mind Razza is off so it's back to bare bones again.

You know your probably right.

One more season as captain but in position would probably be a good move. That way it would be make or break for him. Dont get me wrong i like Chris Thorman, but at the same time i want to see the team go forward. But on reflection i think one more season would probably be the best move.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Chris Thorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Thorman   Chris Thorman EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 10:07 pm

Hard to sort of choose to replace him until then. Too many new players.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chris Thorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Thorman   Chris Thorman Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris Thorman
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next