Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Friendlies

Go down 
+3
BO JANGLES
washy
matt01
7 posters
AuthorMessage
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Friendlies Empty
PostSubject: Friendlies   Friendlies EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:14 pm

Who here is planning on going to the friendly games?

Personally I haven't bothered for years other than Reilly's and Crabtree's testimonials. They always seem to lack any intensity for me and whilst watching I really don't care if we win or lose so I don't get involved in the game in anything like the same way as a league or cup game. I know it has been ages since our last match, but I think I can wait until the season kicks off.

How do others see these games?
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Friendlies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendlies   Friendlies EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:04 am

I like to goto them even though they are meaningless, it's just to get back in the throng and meet up with old pals!!!
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Friendlies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendlies   Friendlies EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 2:14 pm

It was an entertaining game last night, the score reflected the difference in the sides, to be fair to the Giants Cas seemed to have far fewer players on the field with high numbers on their shirts and they looked much bigger in the forwards, It was only in the last 15 mins or so that the result was settled, Not particularly downhearted at that show. One or two of the youngsters look quite handy, Prob would have been better to play Grix at Full back and Eden ( who looks a solid lad ) at centre.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Friendlies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendlies   Friendlies EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:59 pm

Was absolute garbage. I have seen better amateur games.

The only player on the field from both teams that looked anything was Rangi Chase.

2 Hud Tries came as direct results of Cas errors, we were dire.
Back to top Go down
tonytownend
tonytownend

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Friendlies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendlies   Friendlies EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:03 am

i enjoy the friendlys although you cant beat a competitive match......looking forward to the season ahead !
Back to top Go down
http://www.youviewpropertyservices.co.uk
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

Friendlies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendlies   Friendlies EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 4:31 pm

Went across to Cas on Friday, not much of a spectacle, Cas appeared to put more store on winning whereas Giants seemed to treat very much as a live training session. There was some good (Adam Walker and Luke George in particular looked promising.
Eorl, Mason & Chan played well within themselves as though simply practising Contact.
Of the younger players, I have mentioned Walker already, he looks ready to be a SL prop, that was the biggest plus for me. Fairbank also looked the part, while Eden looked promising, a back up this season I think but capable of filling in for a run of games, Josh Johnson showed great potential but will need to be carefully brought through. Of the others, Sarsfield struggled as did Cording, Malloy was ok neither advancing his case or damaging it. Young Freddie Walker was on too briefly to judge (at least I assume that's who it was).
I will not make Wigan or Batley but would expect to see 40 mins of best available team playing as a SL fixture againsy Fax
Back to top Go down
Giant-Dragon
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Giant-Dragon

Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Friendlies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendlies   Friendlies EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 12:24 pm

Nah we never usually bother with friendlies. But i think we may be going to Happyfax. But thats it I think.
Back to top Go down
http://thoughtsofclaire.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

Friendlies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friendlies   Friendlies Empty

Back to top Go down

Friendlies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: Giants Forum-
Jump to: