Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Long contracts?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Long contracts? Empty
PostSubject: Long contracts?   Long contracts? EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 4:04 pm

We seem to have signed up a lot of players on long contracts, but on last night's showing and for the last few months it doesn't seem like good business. We lack a world class half back, full back, pivot! Not sure where we go from here.
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

Long contracts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long contracts?   Long contracts? EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 5:56 pm

Not sure about Contract lengths, but I really don't think we are anywhere near as fit as the last couple of seasons. Lots of days off, team bonding and squad rotation but if the opposition are fitter than you then they will bash you.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Long contracts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long contracts?   Long contracts? EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 8:05 pm

I think letting Keal go could be a mistake. Robbo and Lunt have both had their injuries this season which has meant they have had to play more minutes than they should have. We need another quality hooker like Keal. I know we have Fooey, but he is better as an impact 2nd rower imo.

Regarding contract lengths. It is difficult to keep quality players without giving them long contracts. If we hadn't offered them long contracts someone else would have. The long contracts didn't harm Saints when they had the likes of Wellens, Long, Cunningham, Sculthorpe and co. in their prime.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Long contracts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long contracts?   Long contracts? EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 9:46 pm

I've had uneasy thoughts about the length of some contracts as well, I take on board what Matt has said but the other side of the coin is that you are stuck with paying them for a long time if their game goes off.
The big difference with Saints is that they are used to winning things on a regular basis, Their big name players are easier to recruit and seem to want to stay with the club, and they can produce young players in far greater numbers than we can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Long contracts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long contracts?   Long contracts? Empty

Back to top Go down

Long contracts?
Page 1 of 1