Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

V Wigan

Go down 
+2
reidy
Gem Bob
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

V Wigan  Empty
PostSubject: V Wigan    V Wigan  EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 8:55 pm

6 - 8 HT to Wigan. (Robbo for us)

Quick round up on first half - We have fluffed plenty of chances, though to be fair a couple of calls have gone against us.
Simpson has been a bit of a liability and the forwards have been well matched by Wigan. In all honesty I don't think Wigan are playing awesome, just that we can't seem to pull much off at the moment, though we are trying, it just doesn't seem to be coming off for us.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

V Wigan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: V Wigan    V Wigan  EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 8:57 pm

Doesn't detract from the fact that Thaler has let 7 clear forward passes & 5 high tackles from Wigan go mate. He needs laser eye surgery! Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

V Wigan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: V Wigan    V Wigan  EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 9:11 pm

Simpson need taking off the field.

He is having a nightmare of a game tonight. Done absolutely nothing but be a liability.
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

V Wigan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: V Wigan    V Wigan  EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 9:24 pm

he never was a star in oz
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716

V Wigan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: V Wigan    V Wigan  EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 9:55 pm

We didn't gel at all. Why Nathan changed the team from last week is beyond me.
One team you do not chance it against when everyone is fit, is Wigan.

I'm bloody fuming. Lunt had a shocker too.
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

V Wigan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: V Wigan    V Wigan  EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 9:59 pm

reidy wrote:
We didn't gel at all. Why Nathan changed the team from last week is beyond me.
One team you do not chance it against when everyone is fit, is Wigan.

I'm bloody fuming. Lunt had a shocker too.

That's pretty much my feelings too mate.

I also felt that some of the lads looked knackered, no doubt playing against the defence of Wigan is tiring but some of our players were dying in the first half.

I don't believe we were beat by a better team, I think we threw away a game which we could have and should have won.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

V Wigan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: V Wigan    V Wigan  EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 8:24 am

I thought it was a close game, Wigan deserved it because they took their few opportunities where as we didn't. Both defences were very good and both packs very aggressive. We both had periods of dominance, but on the whole it was a real arm wrestle between two outstanding packs and defences. At half time I thought we would win. Wigan seemed to tire faster than us and Danny's bombs were causing havoc, yet we let Wigan start the faster in the second half and stopped using the big up and under. Neutral
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

V Wigan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: V Wigan    V Wigan  EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 4:29 pm

Think pretty much the same as Matt really, Both defences were top class, Giants 1st half Wigan 2nd, Only real difference in the sides to me were that Wigan scored from their chances where we didn't. Thought Simson and Cudjo were both poor tonight, we really missed Mcgillvarey IMO, I think he would have handled that kid a lot better than Simson did, he looks anything but a winger, and with Cudjo running out of the line ( as he is prone to do ) Simson had a pretty torrid time.
We would have beaton most teams last night even though we were not at our best, and on another day we shall reap a lot of points from those kicks of Broughs, I just think NB left out some of the wrong men last night, I don't know the reason but G Horne seems to be the only one that doesn't get rotated, Thought Robbo showed well after his long lay off, Thing is we can't win them all, and you have to credit Wigan with some terrific defence.
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

V Wigan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: V Wigan    V Wigan  EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:17 pm

On another day,a bit more luck,a better bounce of the ball,a ref with a pair of jam jar bottoms (glasses) who could see about 8 or 9 Wigan forward passes we could easy have won that game,and yet as we all know we didn't play that well yet still dominated them territorially for most of the game.

Can Wigan improve on that performnance in the forwards that's the question,or is that as good as it gets for them.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

V Wigan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: V Wigan    V Wigan  EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 6:53 pm

Well Wigan were missing a number of players and it is debatable as to whether that was our strongest 17 on the field. I agree about the dominance from our forwards, we probably edged it, but unfortunately could breakdown the opposition which must be a concern. As for the refs they need help from the touch judges with forward passes. The game is so fast it must be difficult so why on earth are the other officials not helping more?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

V Wigan  Empty
PostSubject: Re: V Wigan    V Wigan  Empty

Back to top Go down

V Wigan
Page 1 of 1