Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wigan game build up

Go down 
+5
reidy
FLYINGPROP
Meltham Giant
Gem Bob
ponner
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Wigan game build up Empty
PostSubject: Wigan game build up   Wigan game build up EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:45 pm

Should be a belter!!!
Let's use our buddy vouchers and try to help increase the crowd so Eddie and Stevo can't comment on our lack of support. What kind of crowd can we expect and what's your predictions for the game. There could be a couple of Wigan players missing after last weekends game:
Quote :
Joel Tomkins has been charged with the Grade B offence of recklessly striking an opponent in the 66th minute, an incident which led to his dismissal. Sam Tomkins has been charged with the Grade B offence of running in and punching in the 65th minute
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Wigan game build up   Wigan game build up EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:22 pm

This is going to be the most important game so far and a game I believe will set our season.

For the first time ever we have started a season as a side people are expecting to finish well. We need to be winning big games like this - Particularly when were on Sky. People are finally starting to take us seriously. That is a huge step for the club.
Back to top Go down
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Wigan game build up   Wigan game build up EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 2:02 am

My mouth is watering at the idea of this game! Should be a cracker!

Doubt the terrible Tomkins Two will be suspended as they get away with everything else week in week out!

Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Wigan game build up   Wigan game build up EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:37 am

I cannot wait!!!!! We can now compete with Wigan who will not be looking forward to coming to the Giants.

As a side note when you watch it back take a note of how Stevo is remarkable biased against the Giants, not sure if it stems from him being born in Dewsbury but the man cannot stand us
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

Number of posts : 3716
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Wigan game build up   Wigan game build up EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 8:07 pm

Well thats both of the Tomkins boys banned, pending appeal anyway.....
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Wigan game build up   Wigan game build up EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 8:31 pm

Well it's just been made slightly easier for us with the little scroat out. That's as long as it doesn't make them more determined. pray
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Wigan game build up   Wigan game build up EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 8:37 pm

ponner wrote:
Well it's just been made slightly easier for us with the little scroat out. That's as long as it doesn't make them more determined. pray

Yep, in a nutshell mate... Smile
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Wigan game build up   Wigan game build up EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 8:40 pm

I'm glad Wigan aren't above the rules. I was half expecting a fine only, although if they appeal that is probably what will happen.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732

PostSubject: Re: Wigan game build up   Wigan game build up EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 8:56 pm

I am not particularly pleased about them being out, I do want them to get the same treatment as everyone else, but i would like to beat as strong a squad as they can put out. ( if that makes sence ). We'll have to rely on lockers for the penalties now instead of JT
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Wigan game build up   Wigan game build up EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:03 pm

BO JANGLES wrote:
I am not particularly pleased about them being out, I do want them to get the same treatment as everyone else, but i would like to beat as strong a squad as they can put out. ( if that makes sence ). We'll have to rely on lockers for the penalties now instead of JT

Don't think he will let us down , he doesn't normally !!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Wigan game build up   Wigan game build up EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:04 pm

l,d love to see that Lockers nailed, he is the dirtiest, niggling, slimeball in SL for mine
he just carn,t help it. Wigan game build up 21033
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
sparky

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Wigan game build up   Wigan game build up EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:24 pm

boomer wrote:
l,d love to see that Lockers nailed, he is the dirtiest, niggling, slimeball in SL for mine
he just carn,t help it. Wigan game build up 21033

It's a dead heat between him and Lee Briers.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
sparky
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
sparky

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2011-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Wigan game build up   Wigan game build up EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:28 pm

19 man squad for Friday according to Giants site....

Grix, Lawrence, Cudjoe, Gilmour, Hodgeson, Brown, Brough, Crabtree, Robinson, Griffin, O'Donnell, Fa'alogo, Faiumu, Lunt, Mason, Kirmond, Horne, Wardle, Simpson.

List in numerical order.

Surprise for me omitting Jerry & Larne.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

PostSubject: Re: Wigan game build up   Wigan game build up EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:16 pm

Drop Robinson and Wardle for me. The game is too big for a youngster with limited experience to play in this and i'd give Robinson a week off as i'd like to keep a settled side a shot at the Warriors.
Back to top Go down
reidy
reidy

PostSubject: Re: Wigan game build up   Wigan game build up EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 3:37 pm

I'd go with that Mark, whether Wigan have injuries/bans or not. Still the champions and we can't disrespect that.
Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Wigan game build up   Wigan game build up EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 5:31 pm

Robbo marking Lockers ? Shocked
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Wigan game build up   Wigan game build up EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:16 pm

I think Robinson will play from the bench and if he is fit then why not? Brown did hint at resting Jerry for this game.
Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Wigan game build up   Wigan game build up EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:24 pm

Heard there will be crisp and chocolate pies on special offer
There will be 1500 pies coming over from the dark side so get there early
there will be pies everywhere
drunken bounce Wigan game build up 21033
Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

PostSubject: Re: Wigan game build up   Wigan game build up EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:25 pm

ok l,l get my coat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wigan game build up   Wigan game build up Empty

Back to top Go down

Wigan game build up
Page 1 of 1