Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cas chitter chatter!

Go down 
+9
Giantdee
FLYINGPROP
Eclair
matt01
hudders789
dannablue
DYSON28
BO JANGLES
Meltham Giant
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Meltham Giant
Meltham Giant

Number of posts : 1348
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Cas chitter chatter! Empty
PostSubject: Cas chitter chatter!   Cas chitter chatter! EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 8:58 pm

Who is going? how do you think we will do? Will Cas be out for revenge after they were fined for homophobic chanting?
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Cas chitter chatter!   Cas chitter chatter! EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 11:34 am

If we have any pretentions of play off's, games such as these are must win games, we have the players to do it ,but will they take the chances they make.
Back to top Go down
DYSON28
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
DYSON28

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Cas chitter chatter!   Cas chitter chatter! EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 11:44 am

Always a cracking atmosphere down at the Jungle , Going to be a tough game but i need to have the bragging rights for this one so COME ON GIANTS!!
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Cas chitter chatter!   Cas chitter chatter! EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 7:25 pm

one place I love going to is Cas. always enjoy the atmosphere there. Hope we play well and not give them a 12-18 point start as in the last 2..would make a nice change.
Back to top Go down
hudders789
Ballboy
Ballboy
hudders789

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Cas chitter chatter!   Cas chitter chatter! EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 3:24 pm

For some reason nathan has changed the team around, playing brough off the bench then brings him on at hooker. Good start but let them back in. Lets hope second half is a good one!!
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Cas chitter chatter!   Cas chitter chatter! EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 3:47 pm

Last score i heard was 30-14 to Cas, so looks like somthing isn't working.
Back to top Go down
DYSON28
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
DYSON28

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Cas chitter chatter!   Cas chitter chatter! EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 5:40 pm

Bit of a Let down dont know what went wrong !!
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

Number of posts : 2189
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Cas chitter chatter!   Cas chitter chatter! EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 6:04 pm

Glad I missed it. Did we get a few more knocks than normal during the game or was it too many players lacking in form?
Back to top Go down
Eclair
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Cas chitter chatter!   Cas chitter chatter! EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 7:28 pm

We were awful ! Ought to have known when the chant 'easy, easy' was heard from our supporters FAR too early in the game...it all went downhill from there. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Cas chitter chatter!   Cas chitter chatter! EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 8:07 pm

Was going to go to this but was otherwise engaged and things didnt go to plan so didnt get there. I did listen on the radio. Frankly I am glad I didnt manage to get there...same old thing...inconsistency. Very disappointed with the season this year.
Back to top Go down
FLYINGPROP
FLYINGPROP

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Cas chitter chatter!   Cas chitter chatter! EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:04 am

dannablue wrote:
Was going to go to this but was otherwise engaged and things didnt go to plan so didnt get there. I did listen on the radio. Frankly I am glad I didnt manage to get there...same old thing...inconsistency. Very disappointed with the season this year.

Agree with above and the one word that really sticks out as always is dissapointed, after last season we promised so much but this season has been poor TBH, there have been highlights like the win against Leeds ect but there have been shockers too as in the cup game against Wire.

We just are not good enough at present so maybe a new coach next year will freshen things up a bit but on current form we are not playoff contenders I am afraid Sad
Back to top Go down
Giantdee
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Cas chitter chatter!   Cas chitter chatter! EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 11:04 am

Don't like the thought, but have we become like the old Warrington, flatter to deceive, promise so much but throw away stupid matches and fall short in the crucial ones?
Man for man our squad is excellent, but the end product is rarely anywhere near to the sum of the parts Mad
Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Cas chitter chatter!   Cas chitter chatter! EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 2:21 pm

l know its only 2 points but we hardly ever take them, the penalty just before HT, would have sent us in at least 4 points up instead we were 4 down, we would have got the ball back and had time for another try, Cas did, it may not have changed the result, but then again it might.
As it stood it was a very poor display, especially from the "stars"
l hope Brown has a plan, it will have to be a "cunning plan"
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Cas chitter chatter!   Cas chitter chatter! EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 3:41 pm

I genuinely think that the players (or some of them) believe they are better than what they are, I think they have a good game or two and swallow all the stuff they read in the Examiner. We have a one or two players who are real quality, One or two who can become real quality, and the rest who are for the most part 100% triers,
The thing is that by and large they are about at their level in the league that they deserve to be, yes we have had some good performances like the beating of Leeds for example, but when you look at the other sides that have beaten Leeds it becomes less of a super effort, if you can back it up with the beating of say Saints and Warrington it becomes far more notable, Of course you then have to go out and take the easier points on offer against the likes of HKR, Cas and Wakey and such.
We know that all clubs have a chance to beat all other clubs in Super league, even the top clubs have a bad day sometimes, but we have a squad that is stronger and better than two thirds of Super league and yet we continue to squander games in which we are clearly the better side, HKR was a good example we squandered golden chances to win the game easily, and we have done it regularly in games we had good chances of winning.
We need one way or another to improve the quality of the squad, especially amongst the forwards, there is a big difference between a player who gives 100% effort and a class player, we are not short of effort players but we are short on class, Just my opinion but i reckon that if we are going to play the kind of forward game that we do, ( lots of muscle, trying to dominate teams, and keep them on the back foot ) then we need to have some exceptional halves that can create and exploit the go forward, the forwards have created,
K Brown has improved no end as a half back, but teams like Saint, Wigan ,Wolves Leeds, all teams with decent halves also have some forwards that can bust the line and create a chance, also they have a couple of forwards who can offload, to supporting players like Mcguire and such, Yes they all have a Peacock or a Graham or whatever , but they dont have a full pack of them.

The worst thing for me really, is that we are supposedly spending the same amount of money as they are, so if the system is working as It's supposed too we should be competing with the best of them, if we aren't then why aren't we , that's what i would be wanting to know if i was K Davy, and if someone couldn't give me some idea, there would be one or two going down the road with two hands in one pocket,
This is the Giants time , and their chance to take over Bradfords mantle, if they miss out it may be a very long time before they get another , If ever.
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: Cas chitter chatter!   Cas chitter chatter! EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 6:02 pm

I have too agree with a lot of what Bo says. I wish we were better than this, but I don't think we are. I've said it before, but I do believe that last season we punched above our weight. We were lucky with injuries and very few players had much of a dip in form until play-off time. This year we have had a fair few injuries and there always seem to be a few players off their game at any one point.
Back to top Go down
Old School
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Cas chitter chatter!   Cas chitter chatter! EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 9:30 pm

The players dont read the H E Bo,mate you talk a bit of sence but you also talk a lot of crap.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Cas chitter chatter!   Cas chitter chatter! EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 3:58 pm

Old School wrote:
The players dont read the H E Bo,mate you talk a bit of sence but you also talk a lot of crap.

Well thanks for that mate, and you may be right, certainly you are entitled to your opinion ,as we all are, Of course it may have been a bit more helpful if you had indicated the bits that were sense and what was a lot of crap, Rather than one liners why not give us your opinions about how the team and club can go forward, I for one am always interested in everyone's point of view, and after all it is a forum for people to give their views.

I mentioned the examiner to represent the media and hype in general that surrounds a team that has had a little success, You obviously didn't pick up on that, But if the team dont read it , perhaps they ignore all the other forms of the media as well, Maybe that's the problem, they dont realize how good they are.
Joking apart 4 years ago Wigan were at their lowest point for a very long time, they narrowly avoided relegation, ( not necessarily by fair means ) nevertheless they were in a very poor state, now here we are, and despite us spending full cap ( so i understand ) they are lording it at the top of the league, playing some cracking Football, whilst we are at odd times playing some cracking Football ( second half Hull ) but often as not squandering league points against lesser clubs, and hoping we will somehow make the playoffs.

Whats your take on it ? Why can one club go forward so quickly whilst another with the same resourses stumbles one step forward and another back, Have you any views on it ?
Back to top Go down
matt01
GB Player
GB Player
matt01

PostSubject: Re: Cas chitter chatter!   Cas chitter chatter! EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 5:03 pm

Personally I think part of it is historic. In recent history Wigan have regularly been at the top whilst it has been the opposite for us. This means they constantly aim for the top whereas I think we generally aim for doing pretty well. They have also traditionally produced outstanding players, whereas we have produced the odd gem, but not a great production line like Wigan. Players want to earn a lot of money, but at least as important for many is making finals and lifting trophies. I guess most believe they will get more opportunities at clubs like Wigan rather than Fartown because in the recent history that is what has happened. The more finals and play-off matches we play in the more attractive our club will become to top players and the more often we will be successful. Just my opinion of course.
Back to top Go down
dannablue
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

PostSubject: Re: Cas chitter chatter!   Cas chitter chatter! EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 5:40 pm

What I cannot understand is how one week we can experience good quality rugby, good passing, good defence, team spirit etc. etc. but just 7 days later bang...its as if the team were picked from the crowd, had never met before and didnt know what a rugby ball looked like. We cannot even be consistent for 80 minutes at times. I have really felt this season was a big big let down and my interest is balancing on shall I go to the game or do something else. The Cup was a big let down and even if we make the play offs are we going to fizzle out at the first hurdle again?

Apparently the Guardian reported at the weekend that Nathan Brown may well stay on - not sure after all the upset and disruption his announcement and that of Brett Hodgson has caused if this is a good idea. Whatever plan he is working to doesnt seem to be getting the results we should be. Salford away a prime example. I am not being disrespectful to Salford but they are struggling at the bottom of the table, that game was a prime time to take the bull by the horns and take the 2 points. Again we didnt turn up and were beaten by a team who "wanted" it more.

Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Cas chitter chatter!   Cas chitter chatter! EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 9:07 pm

matt01 wrote:
Personally I think part of it is historic. In recent history Wigan have regularly been at the top whilst it has been the opposite for us. This means they constantly aim for the top whereas I think we generally aim for doing pretty well. They have also traditionally produced outstanding players, whereas we have produced the odd gem, but not a great production line like Wigan. Players want to earn a lot of money, but at least as important for many is making finals and lifting trophies. I guess most believe they will get more opportunities at clubs like Wigan rather than Fartown because in the recent history that is what has happened. The more finals and play-off matches we play in the more attractive our club will become to top players and the more often we will be successful. Just my opinion of course.

Makes a lot of sense mate.
Back to top Go down
BO JANGLES
GB Player
GB Player
BO JANGLES

PostSubject: Re: Cas chitter chatter!   Cas chitter chatter! EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 9:13 pm

dannablue wrote:
What I cannot understand is how one week we can experience good quality rugby, good passing, good defence, team spirit etc. etc. but just 7 days later bang...its as if the team were picked from the crowd, had never met before and didnt know what a rugby ball looked like. We cannot even be consistent for 80 minutes at times. I have really felt this season was a big big let down and my interest is balancing on shall I go to the game or do something else. The Cup was a big let down and even if we make the play offs are we going to fizzle out at the first hurdle again?

Apparently the Guardian reported at the weekend that Nathan Brown may well stay on - not sure after all the upset and disruption his announcement and that of Brett Hodgson has caused if this is a good idea. Whatever plan he is working to doesnt seem to be getting the results we should be. Salford away a prime example. I am not being disrespectful to Salford but they are struggling at the bottom of the table, that game was a prime time to take the bull by the horns and take the 2 points. Again we didnt turn up and were beaten by a team who "wanted" it more.

Same sort of frustrations as me danna, After last season i was expecting another slight improvement. Like i said one step forward one back
Back to top Go down
penninegiant
GB Player
GB Player
penninegiant

Number of posts : 1726
Location : locked in the cellar ......................HeeeeeELP!!!!!
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Cas chitter chatter!   Cas chitter chatter! EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 2:53 am

Old School wrote:

Dont read it you state -"O.S." ?

Its been made out that "some" of their number even write and make statements in it at times ........
or is that fiction too ???

Do they then not read what they`re quoted as having said to ensure THAT`s accurate ??......or HE poetic licence!! f

Maybe they do --but avoid reading match reports / praise / criticism etc!

With your inside knowledge maybe you could confirm or deny --and then forum members would know whether its worth buying in future--- or whether its all pure fiction and fairy stories maybe ?

Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Cas chitter chatter!   Cas chitter chatter! EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 10:31 am

l think O S is out of order, Bo is entitled to his opinion like everyone else.
post your comments O S, and leave out the personnel attacks, thats what drives genuine posters off sites . MODS Question Mad
Back to top Go down
Old School
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Cas chitter chatter!   Cas chitter chatter! EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 6:48 pm

What you talking about where the personnel attack .
Back to top Go down
Durham Giant
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Cas chitter chatter!   Cas chitter chatter! EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:10 pm

Whilst i share the fruistrations of everyone else i think the key problems we have had this year
1 injuries and not having a settled team. we have been fortunate with injuries in previous years. This season we have had a number of players out mainly forwards. eorl, mason,, raleigh. In how many games have we played our 4 props. injuries to faalogo and wild etc have affected the pack. All compounded by us being a prop short before the season started.

2 Brown going due to domestic issues.

3 potential cock ups re hodgsons contract.

If we have our full first team out6 the season is not o0ver
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cas chitter chatter!   Cas chitter chatter! Empty

Back to top Go down

Cas chitter chatter!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next