Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Hi and thanks for visiting www.giants.co.nr
This forum will soon be only visible to registered members. If you're not a member then please register so that you will be able to see all we have to offer on the website/forum. Be sure to read the forum and post your views as this is what keeps our site alive and people coming back. Thanks
ponner(Mark)
Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crusaders away !

Go down 
+7
joek
defleppard
adelaide-giant.no9
ponner
kirkysmum
Gem Bob
DYSON28
11 posters
AuthorMessage
DYSON28
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player
DYSON28

Number of posts : 258
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Crusaders away ! Empty
PostSubject: Crusaders away !   Crusaders away ! EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 5:23 am

i am looking forward to the trip down North Wales a ground that i havent visited before and a team that seem to be on the up.Noble is a very good coach and looks like he is bringing a rich vein of form into at the best an average crusaders side.So how many folk are making the treck down?
Back to top Go down
Gem Bob
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Crusaders away ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusaders away !   Crusaders away ! EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 1:58 pm

Im still boycotting Wales.
Back to top Go down
kirkysmum
Junior Academy Player
Junior Academy Player

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Crusaders away ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusaders away !   Crusaders away ! EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 8:22 pm

Can't make this game as Kirky is playing & his game doesn't kick off until 12.30 so there's no way we would get there.
Back to top Go down
ponner
Admin
Admin
ponner

Number of posts : 3680
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Crusaders away ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusaders away !   Crusaders away ! EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 5:10 am

I'm going so anyone who wants score updates can PM with their number and i'll keep you updated.
Back to top Go down
https://giants.aforumfree.com
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Crusaders away ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusaders away !   Crusaders away ! EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 7:08 am

ponner wrote:
I'm going so anyone who wants score updates can PM with their number and i'll keep you updated.

no worries mate, i will send it via pm
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Crusaders away ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusaders away !   Crusaders away ! EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 7:56 am

Looking forward to first ever visit to Wrexham.Wonder how many stands will be open today.

Been having a butchers hook ont google.The delightfully named 'Plas Coch' may be a good bet for a watering hole pre game.Big pub with a beer garden.

Map of said coming off A438 J5 : HTH
Crusaders away ! Wrexham1
Back to top Go down
joek
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Crusaders away ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusaders away !   Crusaders away ! EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 1:51 pm

No brett in team, hope that is not a bad omen for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
boomer
Senior Academy Player
Senior Academy Player

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Crusaders away ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusaders away !   Crusaders away ! EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 3:28 pm

Put Leroy as no1 full back, Brett as his personnel coach and back up, sorted bounce Crusaders away ! 21033
Back to top Go down
defleppard
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
defleppard

Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2008-09-20

Crusaders away ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusaders away !   Crusaders away ! EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 7:14 am

If you need to buy tickets to gain entry just wish they'd let you know via website before hand,missed the first try due to this.

Went 12 - 0 up early and then there was no doubt the intensity level dropped from our lads.Crusaders kept plugging away.We blew the scoreboard out later on.

Good to see Drewy out there again,showing the old touches of class.Looks like he's gonna be plagued by that injured knee though.

Decent turn out from our fans.

Wrexham is not much further than a trip to Hull.Tidy little stadium,just the right size and very close to town centre.Healthy home contingent,if those fans can stay patient as their squad is built they could be on to something good there.
Back to top Go down
adelaide-giant.no9
GB Player
GB Player
adelaide-giant.no9

Number of posts : 1835
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Crusaders away ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusaders away !   Crusaders away ! EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 7:37 am

worked in wrexham just beore we came out here and passed that ground on numnerous occasions.. its only a short drive and not too far from the town centre
Back to top Go down
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Crusaders away ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusaders away !   Crusaders away ! EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:50 am

I agree about the ticketing situation! It was a farce. Thankfully I got a call and told who I could in the pub before setting off to the ground.

It was a nice day out the locals really made us feel welcome! I've been to Wrexham before and they were very hostile towards us then but this is football we're talking about!! Strangely that stand we were put in was no different towhen I was last there 15 years ago despite then putting seats in the lower paddock which weren't there.

The train journey wasn't too bad. Just wish I'd researched my prices more as I realised that buying a return to Manchester then buying a return from Manchester to WSreham would've been cheaper! Well I know for next time!!
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Crusaders away ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusaders away !   Crusaders away ! EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 10:21 am

washy wrote:
Ticketing situation!

The train journey wasn't too bad. Just wish I'd researched my prices more as I realised that buying a return to Manchester then buying a return from Manchester to Wrexham would've been cheaper! Well I know for next time!!

Both items worth putting on the 'AWAY GAME TRAVEL' thread?
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
washy
1st Teamer
1st Teamer

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Crusaders away ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusaders away !   Crusaders away ! EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 10:28 am

Aye had I known sooner!
Back to top Go down
Shogun
1st Teamer
1st Teamer
Shogun

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Crusaders away ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusaders away !   Crusaders away ! EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:06 pm

Enjoyed the day out. The Wrexham fans were very friendly and were enjoying their Rugby League. I was talking to a few ex Wrexham FC fans who had seen Super League on TV and decided to give it a try live. They were amazed how fast the game was live as opposed to TV. And they are now hooked.
They pointed out how it was so good to be able to talk to opposing fans without any bother or agro.
Back to top Go down
Ivor C&G Scarf
Fartown Legend
Fartown Legend
Ivor C&G Scarf

Number of posts : 986
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Crusaders away ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusaders away !   Crusaders away ! EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:39 pm

Spoke with a Celtic Crusaders fan who was, let's say, mildly bitter with how they have been shafted. It was his first game of the season.

How easy is the ground to get away from!
Back to top Go down
http://www.PhotoLens.co.uk
Sponsored content

Crusaders away ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusaders away !   Crusaders away ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Crusaders away !
Page 1 of 1